Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

3 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

We met up a few different times and I did a few other rides with D and Santa.  I didn't ride at all in 2016 and only rode between the 2 shelters on the Yukon last year.  I put 500 miles on my RZR last winter and 100 on my sled lol.

Here's a pic I have saved from a 2013 hcs ride.  Me and Santa and some other guy 

hcs ride 2013.jpg

:bc:

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...I had a "mild incident" in my quest for a butter burger and all the faggots on HCS just thought it was the funniest shit in the world!  "Look who crashed his sled!!"  Pheygs.  :lmao:

:lol:

I think it was the start of the 2016 SX season and I helped pull a big name ex-racer. team owner's fucking wrecked IQR off the track.  I chatted with him a bit while his rider sat and tried to compose himself after that epic endo and we waited for the shit wagon to come get his wreck.  I kinda reluctantly asked (I already knew) why he wasn't racing the Rush suspension...he just laughed and said, "Cuz I want my riders to survive....that thing isn't cut out for racing."  Then we started pucking up plastic together.  :lol: 

I love this fucking video:

I wonder that ride cost :lol:

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I wonder that ride cost :lol:

From my understanding, Red Bull worked with St. Pauls tourism department for the venues and St. Paul kicked in the support.  Apparently, the film and editing costs were more than the location and support costs.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Had my Ripsaw II swapped out with a Storm 150, can't wait to try it on the trail and off trail.

Interesting track.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

From my understanding, Red Bull worked with St. Pauls tourism department for the venues and St. Paul kicked in the support.  Apparently, the film and editing costs were more than the location and support costs.

Interesting track.

I'm guessing a 1/2 mil.

With just a visual and feel the track should hook well in the variety of conditions that I ride in, I saw the track at the Novi show last year and I was hooked......but I didn't feel like swapping the track on a brand new sled.

These are the studs I will be installing.

http://www.gripstuds.com/1610_Tire_Stud.php

1610.jpg

9 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm guessing a 1/2 mil.

With just a visual and feel the track should hook well in the variety of conditions that I ride in, I saw the track at the Novi show last year and I was hooked......but I didn't feel like swapping the track on a brand new sled.

1610.jpg

sweet jesus never seen a stud like that.  What the hell might they cost?

12 minutes ago, hayward said:

sweet jesus never seen a stud like that.  What the hell might they cost?

They're basically free because they are essentially useless. :lol:

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm guessing a 1/2 mil.

1610.jpg

Are you serious?  No.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No way...he's trolling.  No fucking way he's putting screws in his new track and calling them "studs".

Vince?  Please?  

Yup..... :lol: he has been high on these for years. I bought a mess of then about 5 years ago based partly on his bragging. I made it 20 minutes into installing them. Realized how fucking useless they were going to be and sold them all to Prestone :lol:

Edited by f7ben
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yup..... :lol: he has been high on these for years. I bought a mess of then about 5 years ago based partly on his bragging. I made it 20 minutes into installing them. Realized how fucking useless they were going to be and sold them all to Prestone :lol:

I guess it depends on how you ride.  I ordered my Doo with that "ice ripper" shit in it figuring, hell...if it works as advertised, less rotational mass and I don't have to stud.  It was better than nothing but after so many fucking "pucker moments" the first year and not being able to accelerate and beat my own shadow out of the corners, I sold the track and went with real shit.  Never looked back...and never will.  

Never had a sled with studs.  My last one can with them but I pulled them all out and sold them.  

What am I missing out on?  I've never felt like I needed them and they will just tear the shit out of my shop, truck, trailer, etc.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I guess it depends on how you ride.  I ordered my Doo with that "ice ripper" shit in it figuring, hell...if it works as advertised, less rotational mass and I don't have to stud.  It was better than nothing but after so many fucking "pucker moments" the first year and not being able to accelerate and beat my own shadow out of the corners, I sold the track and went with real shit.  Never looked back...and never will.  

They are about as useless as those prestudded junks except they will tear out and rip up your lugs

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Never had a sled with studs.  My last one can with them but I pulled them all out and sold them.  

What am I missing out on?  I've never felt like I needed them and they will just tear the shit out of my shop, truck, trailer, etc.

Good grief.......

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

They are nice to have, but you can still ride just fine without them.  Grew up riding sans studs due to the stud law and all the trails leaving town are paved or had to ride city streets to get to them.  

Brief summery: better traction, control, and braking.  

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not having studs is like buying a sports car and then putting skinny tires on the back. Why the fuck have a fast toy that just spins the track instead of hooking hard

because it is called a snowmobile not a shitty hard packed icy trailmobile .

they are great for that though