Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

That is so awesome.......I hauled a kitty kat in one year and put it under the tree and the next year I hauled a 120 in and put it under the tree .....I miss those mornings

I remember helping my brother wheel 2 XR80's in the house one Christmas eve for my nephews , that was so awesome lol :bc:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh, I forgot to mention.   I like to stir the pot................   :news: 

Something was definitely up because a few hundred did have a recall for fuel pump issue apparently. 

Looks like they are giving the doo 850s fits already and some are hardly broke in yet. Hopefully they hold together. :snack:

I just want the fucking thing to show up so I can rip up the lawn a few times and piss the neighbors off. :lol:

Thought I had all my preseason stuff done but I noticed a small coolant drip from the sled on the left hand side below the secondary clutch.  I took off all the panels and exhaust again to get a good look.  Can't really find anything that is wet.  Tightened all the hose clamps up. 

Borrowed the pressure test kit from Advanced Auto and it has held a constant 16 PSI for a few hours now.  Looks like if there was a leak I fixed it.

When I tested the cap though it doesn't bleed off pressure above 16 PSI.  I can pump it to 20+ psi and it stays there.  Do I have a bad cap? 

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Are they putting in the new piston kits in them as well while the one armed, blind mechanic is in there ? 

Hopefully.  :bc:  

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Something was definitely up because a few hundred did have a recall for fuel pump issue apparently. 

Looks like they are giving the doo 850s fits already and some are hardly broke in yet. Hopefully they hold together. :snack:

I just want the fucking thing to show up so I can rip up the lawn a few times and piss the neighbors off. :lol:

Yes.  Fuel pump issues.  My bad.  Apparently a seal or something is what I was told.  

The new 850's around here seem to go pretty good.  Guys are pretty happy with them so far.  

26 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hopefully.  :bc:  

Yes.  Fuel pump issues.  My bad.  Apparently a seal or something is what I was told.  

The new 850's around here seem to go pretty good.  Guys are pretty happy with them so far.  

Sounds like the 800 assault is still the top dog. :news:

Looking for some opinions. I currently have a stainless can on my sled. It sounds awesome but it is too loud. So there is a guy who has a 2009 assault that wants to trade exhausts. He thought his can was stock because of how quite it is. I had to tell him it wasn't stock. 

Unfortunately mine is stainless, so there is no rust and it looks good. His on the other hand is not.

Is it worth trading or should I hold on to mine?

received_561462704276974.jpeg

20181112_140853.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Looking for some opinions. I currently have a stainless can on my sled. It sounds awesome but it is too loud. So there is a guy who has a 2009 assault that wants to trade exhausts. He thought his can was stock because of how quite it is. I had to tell him it wasn't stock. 

Unfortunately mine is stainless, so there is no rust and it looks good. His on the other hand is not.

Is it worth trading or should I hold on to mine?

received_561462704276974.jpeg

20181112_140853.jpg

Just some surface rust, no biggie.

Anyone else's local dealer completely worthless?  They never have any of the parts I need.  Sleds on the floor are nothing but old carry overs.

I'm not even going to call them anymore.  Just gonna order everything from Country Cat and pay the shipping if I have to.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Anyone else's local dealer completely worthless?  They never have any of the parts I need.  Sleds on the floor are nothing but old carry overs.

I'm not even going to call them anymore.  Just gonna order everything from Country Cat and pay the shipping if I have to.  

Poo dealer right down the street from. They suck. Anything beyond a spark plug or oil is " special order"

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Poo dealer right down the street from. They suck. Anything beyond a spark plug or oil is " special order"

Back in the day I remember walking in to a dealer and getting a set of pistons for a 2001 z440 sno pro.  Or limiting straps on my 02 ZR440 sno pro.

Now they don't even have the spare belt holder listed in the accessory catalog.  WTF?

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I can’t think of one I’d bring my sled to for anything.

10 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Holyshit, does anyone on this site thinks 162 studs on a polaris 550 fanner 155" track is way too many?  Wow, just saw this sled which is for sale.  I think its way too many studs for a fanner..  108 studs would be more like it. 

Lake racers.  

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Back in the day I remember walking in to a dealer and getting a set of pistons for a 2001 z440 sno pro.  Or limiting straps on my 02 ZR440 sno pro.

Now they don't even have the spare belt holder listed in the accessory catalog.  WTF?

Who do you consider your local dealer?  Unfortunately, I think the old Cat really did themselves in in the 2000's with how they treated their dealer network and the dealers underestimating how far a person will drive to save $300 on a new sled.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

I just want parts and someone to talk with that has at least held a wrench at some point in their life.

Don't get me (or many others) wrong.  There are some fucking crack techs at some dealers.  Problem is, they just don't pay for shit.  It's tough all around.  Best thing to do is go talk to the service manager for any dealer.  Doesn't matter the brand.  If he's squared away, he'll hook you up and get you his top techs and get what you need ordered.  If he's a POS, well, move on to the next.  My Doo dealer was fantastic at first, got me all I needed and helped out with techy shit I didn't have...at first.  Then, a new SM was hired and fuck him and the horse he rode in on.  

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Who do you consider your local dealer?  Unfortunately, I think the old Cat really did themselves in in the 2000's with how they treated their dealer network and the dealers underestimating how far a person will drive to save $300 on a new sled.  

These days, Shakopee.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Don't get me (or many others) wrong.  There are some fucking crack techs at some dealers.  Problem is, they just don't pay for shit.  It's tough all around.  Best thing to do is go talk to the service manager for any dealer.  Doesn't matter the brand.  If he's squared away, he'll hook you up and get you his top techs and get what you need ordered.  If he's a POS, well, move on to the next.  My Doo dealer was fantastic at first, got me all I needed and helped out with techy shit I didn't have...at first.  Then, a new SM was hired and fuck him and the horse he rode in on.  

That's probably the best place to start.  Other than shocks, there isn't much on a sled I would need a dealer to do.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

These days, Shakopee.

That's probably the best place to start.  Other than shocks, there isn't much on a sled I would need a dealer to do.

Best way to be in any powersports, IMO.  The shocks you can send off via mail to a reputable place.  Last shock revalve I had done was through the local dealer who "promised" his guy knew what he was doing...fucking blew out my rear on the first ride.  HOW FUN!!!!!!!!  retards!

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

These days, Shakopee.

Not sure how far you are from Waconia, but they have been a dealer for a while.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Best way to be in any powersports, IMO.  The shocks you can send off via mail to a reputable place.  Last shock revalve I had done was through the local dealer who "promised" his guy knew what he was doing...fucking blew out my rear on the first ride.  HOW FUN!!!!!!!!  retards!

Shocks and some motorwork, when needed.  The rest is done over a case of Hamm's.  

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not sure how far you are from Waconia, but they have been a dealer for a while.  

Shocks and some motorwork, when needed.  The rest is done over a case of Hamm's.  

Haven't been out to Waconia, quite a bit out of my way.  Shakopee is on the way home from work but if they don't stock parts, I have no reason to go there.

20 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Haven't been out to Waconia, quite a bit out of my way.  Shakopee is on the way home from work but if they don't stock parts, I have no reason to go there.

I'm not even sure who the Shakopee dealer would be.  The only ones I know of down there are Waconia, Rosemount, and Cannon Falls.  Motoproz is more towards Rochester.