Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Hell, I think MTD pretty much makes them all now.  At least I heard they make all the “brand names” for the big box stores.

Stanley Black and Decker  buys 20%  of MTD , option on the other 80% in 2021.    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stanley-black--decker-to-acquire-20-percent-stake-in-mtd-products-for-234-million-300710830.html     Deere , Toro and Ariens had MTD produced  products under contract.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Pepere "grandpa" sled.

Needed a do it all sled.

0b215af3b1275b73fc5e180b55cc93bc.png

That’s not a bad lookin’ sled for being a two up.

Did I ever tell the story of the time my racer buddy and I passed two, 2-up riders on the trail only so they could pull us out of the pucker brush a mile later?  We all had some good laughs.

:lol:

58 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That’s not a bad lookin’ sled for being a two up.

Did I ever tell the story of the time my racer buddy and I passed two, 2-up riders on the trail only so they could pull us out of the pucker brush a mile later?  We all had some good laughs.

:lol:

Yeah the backrest comes off. Linq

8dfbabe07a993f1df119a689a7d68850.jpg

Edited by awful knawful
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

That same mower was sold under probably 12 different names.

It is a Ariens built mower, but I think they were big box or lower end mowers for their day.  Not many serviceable parts on them.  Maybe 4 or 5 grease zerks total, none being on the mower deck.  

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Yeah the backrest comes off. Linq

8dfbabe07a993f1df119a689a7d68850.jpg

Oh wow.  NiCE.  Big wide track on that? I know the one that towed my buddy out of the puckers was like a tank.  I mean....a total beast.  I couldn't believe it pulled that shit right out.  So heavy, a butt load of traction and a 4s.

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Oh wow.  NiCE.  Big wide track on that? I know the one that towed my buddy out of the puckers was like a tank.  I mean....a total beast.  I couldn't believe it pulled that shit right out.  So heavy, a butt load of traction and a 4s.

It's 16*154*1.5"

561lbs

The 20" is

20*154*1.25"

640lbs

I looked at the 20". Just way too much of a beast for me. I'll mostly trail ride.

This has the fan and rad under the hood too. Never overheat.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 6:22 AM, Zambroski said:

At least get a swivel head  It makes negotiating easier.  Think they are about $25-30 at HD/Lowe’s/Menards.  

If I was smart, I would have bought a pneumatic riveter years ago but, even with that, a good hand riveter is still necessary.

Here’s what I have now. After using this, I threw out my other two.

9B60DC46-80D6-4FB3-8650-10A5C10C6E0E.jpeg

just like mtd . that is a arrow and stannely and on and on I have the same one in arrow . 

On 11/6/2018 at 6:14 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey butthole what kind of rivet gun should I buy to make this Grip n Rip install easier...I'm going to fuck it up anyhow but I prefer not to struggle in doing so.😂😂😂😂

deff get a air gun . even the cheep Chicago pneumatic from harbor freight is a decent unit . I have had mine for a few yrs and I let my bud borrow it and he had it for a yr in his shop and it got the shit used out of it . so much it wore the teath off . but new holders are only a few bucks .

like dam said you need a swivel head on some for sure . also the bolt cutter style Handel guns are real nice if you need to do a lot of rivets or larger rivets and when you bend a doo and you will you will need that style gun for the large rivets 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

deff get a air gun . even the cheep Chicago pneumatic from harbor freight is a decent unit . I have had mine for a few yrs and I let my bud borrow it and he had it for a yr in his shop and it got the shit used out of it . so much it wore the teath off . but new holders are only a few bucks .

like dam said you need a swivel head on some for sure . also the bolt cutter style Handel guns are real nice if you need to do a lot of rivets or larger rivets and when you bend a doo and you will you will need that style gun for the large rivets 

Best tool I ever had

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

just like mtd . that is a arrow and stannely and on and on I have the same one in arrow . 

Yeah.  Doesn’t matter.  I know I’ve got at least 90 steel rivets through this one.  I’ll do 100 more before I decide a to get a pneumatic.  #imaretard 

:wall: 

On 11/8/2018 at 9:35 PM, Ez ryder said:

X2. Best tool evah for doing mass rivet events.  I put together over 400 portable toilets with one gun.  

Need to get back to the sled, fix a slow coolant leak.  I'm hoping it is a hose connection up by the coolant bottle.

Been busy working on my new truck the past couple weeks.  Changed pretty much all the fluids and consumable parts.  Found a leak in the upper radiator hose today.  Got replacement parts on the way.  Gonna do the thermostat too while I'm in there.

xzh9slw1gibb0bemcPpi6rXitd6ttahxzjN0KZagtzsB73IZe_GKGxAoySrz1F8kycGelElaXbT-hLuA768Nfb4FiFKPPqah3Ie-P-2O5T67PQelqVG4Y4BwcWNJ39RkqRcpryqgDuUWzFAu-FHI7LiqV01wlsYmOOi0A38BBaS9LLTaHFTObj3Bocsrm1V_ENX2e1ruMq9c_3y3JrNHbn-Rne32Wp4YME7YUG0HEO0tgrewXi8Z1AnMBEuVcwBDKbcj3t3E3rDPSitI11INAY_fGaYjsXerN6wEUEQqZBaAKpa2hpRlBsvoC6bEh2sM4G5tT4qw-7LcEIRJ8dvMcRvoD60cW6LL9I-K6nCIajaWYBLxlX0e8M2k2VpFpGGZyGOz7naHwhGo3BoKr-hDdGC_SNHuAb3h0no7guz6UPcR9K-zGaG-mJC1ffKufeXaoWrlsgwuTN2oGnrwPL2RnzpcC9pjjSw46heQNjlr_oFOkJoPf83wV-W7GQ2fGwNAJ74TjXPeAC5EGaACVUn-BhDr-_X5hsQai_Qpvu17fcIxcqCyuU1ti6oHK2IbpPPue_DiBM6Koa-tpwL5l_X-voboQpvDNvZCY7_UA18ViRkn9elmWbBOVEmf1nMD1ZqqdBK4yjxE1YWcUKBamNpxgqhvE2-exNDSwYy9-nfqr1xm=w835-h626-no

Inspecting my sled I noticed I’m missing a couple of bolts on my exhaust y pipes on the 800 etec. Same thing happened to my last one. Just found some of those nord lock washers and bolts left over from the last one I fixed.

Why doesn’t skidoo put these nord locks on from the factory? They have to know this is an issue. 

:fuckyou:

Replaced two of the injector o-rings on the Polaris yesterday. The green ones that go between the injector and the engine. One of them had a split in it so I replaced both sides.

Cleaned the exhaust valves. Bellows were mint just needed gaskets.

Had the chain case open as you saw. Does anyone know if 21t top sprocket/ 40t bottom one is stock?

When I put the drain plug in, it won't tighten right up. I think the previous owner might have fucked it up and I finished it off. Is there anything I can do or am I into a new chain case? I can tighten the plug to the point I can not remove by hand. 

All that is left now is that possible drain plug and some bearings in the skid and it should be good to go.

No need for a new chaincase.  Best way would be to helicoil it.

Otherwise clean up both the chaincase and plug with brake clean, JB weld the plug in and cover the top of the plug with more JB weld.  In the future just pull the cover to drain.

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

Replaced two of the injector o-rings on the Polaris yesterday. The green ones that go between the injector and the engine. One of them had a split in it so I replaced both sides.

Cleaned the exhaust valves. Bellows were mint just needed gaskets.

Had the chain case open as you saw. Does anyone know if 21t top sprocket/ 40t bottom one is stock?

When I put the drain plug in, it won't tighten right up. I think the previous owner might have fucked it up and I finished it off. Is there anything I can do or am I into a new chain case? I can tighten the plug to the point I can not remove by hand. 

All that is left now is that possible drain plug and some bearings in the skid and it should be good to go.

Common for o ring failures?

8 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Common for o ring failures?

I don't know if it is common not but I had the injectors out when I was doing the reeds and spotted it.

• Thanks 1