Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

13 hours ago, Momorider said:

I guess but Buffalo invented them so they might have some say in the matter :dunno: I’m a retard and don’t know how to make wings on the grill.

Edited by Woodtick
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just put 1 rack of pork ribs and 2 racks of beef ribs in the kettle, doing the snake method, using some apple wood.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Just put 1 rack of pork ribs and 2 racks of beef ribs in the kettle, doing the snake method, using some apple wood.

I just sent you the start of my annual order Phaggit.  No hurry,it was 31deg up at camp this morning.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

i was going to do a rack of ribs today with the same method and the same wood, but they are saying thunder storms this afternoon. i'm getting tired of all of this crappy weather :(

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I’m really happy with this charcoal when doing the #ckfisasnakemethod.

CCD00A4C-D9F0-4695-ADBA-E627EB7E910E.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I’m really happy with this charcoal when doing the #ckfisasnakemethod.

CCD00A4C-D9F0-4695-ADBA-E627EB7E910E.jpeg

Nice!   Did you end up riding the bike yesterday?

Just now, ckf said:

i was going to do a rack of ribs today with the same method and the same wood, but they are saying thunder storms this afternoon. i'm getting tired of all of this crappy weather :(

Put the lid vent over the area that doesn’t have charcoal. One of the great advantages of the snake method is you can do it in the rain.

Just now, ckf said:

Nice!   Did you end up riding the bike yesterday?

No, four beers in me,no plate and only had corn gas at the house. I put it back in the garage like a responsibil adult. I’m going to have to go to a marina for gas. I usually bring 5 gal of gas back with me when I’m up at camp,but forgot.

35 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's was supposed to be nice this afternoon here, but I'm getting fucked, it's pouring, but holding temp at 250*

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Trim the fat!

Neal

The pups get what doesn’t get absorbed.  No reason to trim that until after it’s cooked.  

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

And then do some yoga. Phaggot

:lol:

bet he squashes his hamburgers down on the grate until there isn’t a drop of juice left in them.  Yeah.....we’ve all been somewhere and seen it happen.  :wall:

Damn Neal, wus wrong wiff ya?

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Trim the fat!

Neal

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The pups get what doesn’t get absorbed.  No reason to trim that until after it’s cooked.  

bet he squashes his hamburgers down on the grate until there isn’t a drop of juice left in them.  Yeah.....we’ve all been somewhere and seen it happen.  :wall:

Why would you want to trim that....I loved charred fat!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I like a nicely marbled piece and let the meat soak up what it can when cooking but, I generally don’t eat the fat by itself.  I’ll mix it in with a couple spoons of dog food and let the dogs have a nice little meal.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

The fat will make the meat cook uneven you 2 bit hack!!!

Neal

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The large masses of fat won't render during the cook, it will make the meat cook uneven,as the fat absorbs the heat.  A small amount should be left, but zams has excessive.

If ya like eating the fat go for it!  :lol:

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The large masses of fat won't render during the cook, it will make the meat cook uneven,as the fat absorbs the heat.  A small amount should be left, but zams has excessive.

If ya like eating the fat go for it!  :lol:

Neal

Yeah I just googled and most say to reduce the fat along the edges...makes sense. :thumb:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The fat will make the meat cook uneven you 2 bit hack!!!

Neal

I don’t cook it on its side.  I’ve never had ANY problem and again, it’s for my dogs. Perhaps it’s your technique?  

F6DE2984-9CEB-444D-AF5D-CC3F3742C6D3.gif

• Haha 1