Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

I thought I'd pull the carb off the Vette and do an autopsy on it lol. I ordered a new carb and a few other parts from the speed shop and still waiting for a gas tank and all the components, complete brakes and the the interior carpets. The cheapest part was a new fuel pump lol

20210420_133953.jpg

20210420_133320.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

75 here but not for long....lol

Yeah, we got up to around 70 last week.  3-5 in the forecast for tonight through tomorrow.

Despite the snow, we are 2-3 weeks ahead of normal here. The trees are already budding and it isn't even May.

2 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

catching up on some drone video editing last night.

Cool!!  I'm hoping I can get some moose footage and pics this summer.

Got our 2nd shots today. So far so good. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I was able to get the new drone up tonight for the first time. I should have skipped the updating because it was well after sunset by the time I got it in the sky.

FB_IMG_1619228425985.jpg

• Like 3

We are on the home stretch now and the closing date is May 4th for my brother's house. The wife and I worked our asses off for a couple months,3 dumpsters and a ton of fires burning anything we could to clean the house out. We had it listed Mar 31st and had an offer of $22K over asking and accepted it. It's a rural old house 3413 sq ft with 4.77 acres and needs TLC . It'll be a big relief when we are done with probate,the tax man, lawyers etc etc . It was quite the ordeal and wouldn't wish it upon anyone trying to settle an estate when there's no will made out.

• Like 5

On 4/23/2021 at 2:48 PM, ckf said:

Cool!!  I'm hoping I can get some moose footage and pics this summer.

Got our 2nd shots today. So far so good. :thumbsup:

Wildlife is something I'm going to spend time on this year. We see so much from 100 yards away. I can deploy this mini in 30 seconds and get great shots.

capture from the video above.

image.thumb.png.c2c6509963d88be050fda8a1139ae0a4.png

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 8:39 AM, smokin george said:

We are on the home stretch now and the closing date is May 4th for my brother's house. The wife and I worked our asses off for a couple months,3 dumpsters and a ton of fires burning anything we could to clean the house out. We had it listed Mar 31st and had an offer of $22K over asking and accepted it. It's a rural old house 3413 sq ft with 4.77 acres and needs TLC . It'll be a big relief when we are done with probate,the tax man, lawyers etc etc . It was quite the ordeal and wouldn't wish it upon anyone trying to settle an estate when there's no will made out.

Been there done that. My mil had a lakefront house filled with 60 years worth of stuff. We wanted to clean it when my fil passed in 07 but mil said no as everything had sentimental value. When my mil passed in 2019 we got a huge dumpster and filled it and it took a while. My sil and BIL decided they wanted to buy it but had to sell their home first. They way overpriced it and after reducing the price a few times to where I told them to start it finally sold after a year. It took a while to negotiate a price and we had a independent appraiser do an appraisal. Of course the value went up after a year and we had another one done and it came in 50k higher. Negotiating that with the sil and BIL didn’t go so smooth. We finally closed last fall.....what a pain in the ass. Fortunately we talked my mil into doing a trust years before. 
I had to do the same with my moms in 08 what a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

I put the new carb on today,filled up my makeshift gas jug, squirted some in the carb and fired it up. I'm not doing any tweaks to the carb till I get the new gas tank/lines,plugs, HEI distributor/wires, vaccum lines etc installed. I'm amazed I remember how to do some of this stuff as it's been a very long time. 

20210424_175052.jpg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Nice! What did you end up buying?

The new Air 2S. It's the 1st drone that I have been able to fly all the way to town from home. The new Occusync 3 works!

18 hours ago, smokin george said:

I put the new carb on today,filled up my makeshift gas jug, squirted some in the carb and fired it up. I'm not doing any tweaks to the carb till I get the new gas tank/lines,plugs, HEI distributor/wires, vaccum lines etc installed. I'm amazed I remember how to do some of this stuff as it's been a very long time. 

20210424_175052.jpg

Simpler times for sure.  I sometimes wonder how much I'd remember if I went back to a muscle car as a toy.  Think I still have my timing gun and a bunch of Holley jets packed somewhere.

3 hours ago, ckf said:

Short video from the new drone.

Nicely done, Crocky!  A beautiful area.  I guess they don't allow the eye sore of people living right on that body of water.

• Like 1