Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Sitting in the family room, wife over in her chair snoring,  dog on the other couch next to me snoring.  little dog next to me on my couch snoring FML. 

You could always go over and jerk off on Amy. You'll be snoring just like the rest of them :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Sitting in the family room, wife over in her chair snoring,  dog on the other couch next to me snoring.  little dog next to me on my couch snoring FML. 

That doesn't sound too bad.  At least you don't have an asshole cat too, then it'd be a bad time.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, smokin george said:

Hi Mike! My brother didn't have a will and it took from middle of Aug to middle of Jan to get estate Administrator. We bought a piece of property 1/2 hour from Halifax as a vacation spot. 

Just backreading this now.  I have a couple clients and my admin is going through an estate settling process right now.  What a pita for the family members.  Be sure to have TOD's for all investment accounts, thats huge in times like this.  Eliminates them from the probate process.  My admins mom died just as they were putting her old man into a nursing home at 14 grand a month.  Getting quick access to their money to pay for it was huge.  Now one of the nephews is arguing over the house, and how he should get it for 100 grand less than market value, just because.  Never mind the other 5-6 cousins.  Good luck to you, and sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.  :bc: 

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Just backreading this now.  I have a couple clients and my admin is going through an estate settling process right now.  What a pita for the family members.  Be sure to have TOD's for all investment accounts, thats huge in times like this.  Eliminates them from the probate process.  My admins mom died just as they were putting her old man into a nursing home at 14 grand a month.  Getting quick access to their money to pay for it was huge.  Now one of the nephews is arguing over the house, and how he should get it for 100 grand less than market value, just because.  Never mind the other 5-6 cousins.  Good luck to you, and sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.  :bc: 

Thanks! My brother was commonlaw for 35 years and she passed away 7 years ago. She has 4 ( now adult) kids and by dieing in Intestate( no will) the first thing was to consult my lawyer and a consultation with a lawyer down there. They weren't entitled to anything and I was the beneficiary of a RRIF, ins policy and the house was changed over to me. His investments have been transferred into an estate account that I'm paying everything out of. All that's left now is to fill out the probate sheet,drop it off to the lawyer and sell the house. The govmnt gets a nice chunk of change, probate gets a little more, the lawyer gets a chunk and the rest is mine lol. 

• Like 1

2 years next month dealing with crook county IL for the MIL's condo.  Had to file there because it was the only place she owned something even though she died in texas.  last week finally got access to the bank accounts and can list the property.  Good thing the tenant was good about paying and the mortgage was autopay.  Good thing is her brother and her are on the same age although my wife wanted to not distribute the cash just in case but told her worst case if the mortgage does not get paid it won't be foreclosed on for a few months.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

2 years next month dealing with crook county IL for the MIL's condo.  Had to file there because it was the only place she owned something even though she died in texas.  last week finally got access to the bank accounts and can list the property.  Good thing the tenant was good about paying and the mortgage was autopay.  Good thing is her brother and her are on the same age although my wife wanted to not distribute the cash just in case but told her worst case if the mortgage does not get paid it won't be foreclosed on for a few months.  

That's a long time dealing with it. It took me from mid Aug to first part of January to get appointed Administrator and most of the time was waiting for paperwork so I could sign and get notorized and sent back to Nova Scotia from Ont. Waiting for an administration bond took time as well etc etc. We're on the home stretch as i filed his taxes, paid all the creditors and all that's left is a bit of paperwork to send to the lawyer so they can go to the probate court. The house gets listed on Wed and i think we're heading home next Mon or so. It"ll be a white knuckle drive for the wife as she'll be driving the truck pulling the car hauler lol.

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

Pissing down all night and windy and now doing the same. We've never had this much wind day in and day out at home. They should change this province's name from Nova Scotia to Wind Scotia. 

I'm hopping to get up that way next summer. I'm guessing this summer will be closed anyway. I'd also like to explore PEI.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm hopping to get up that way next summer. I'm guessing this summer will be closed anyway. I'd also like to explore PEI.

It's nice down here. We bought a property to vacation with our motorhome. 

• Like 1

We are enjoying some time to ourselves now that the house is ready for the market. The sign went up last night and the agent is getting calls already. As they say money talks BS walks. I signed all the paperwork and we can leave but will spend the wknd with the grandkids and head home early next week. On a worrisome note a friend that goes to our house every day for mail and a walk thru found our back door open. She said nothing looked disturbed but is going back in to see if the stuff we told her about is still there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We are enjoying some time to ourselves now that the house is ready for the market. The sign went up last night and the agent is getting calls already. As they say money talks BS walks. I signed all the paperwork and we can leave but will spend the wknd with the grandkids and head home early next week. On a worrisome note a friend that goes to our house every day for mail and a walk thru found our back door open. She said nothing looked disturbed but is going back in to see if the stuff we told her about is still there. 

Good to hear that you have most of it in your rearview mirror..pup intended, lol.  I hope everything is good with your home in ON :bc:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Pretty stoked lol

Just ordered a new 11x14 sticker for the hood of the sxs 

Only old fucks prob know what it is 

Screenshot_20210331-213111_Chrome.jpg

It's been a while, but I remember the show :bc:

Selling shit on Marketplace right now to fund repairing sleds (that is my excuse).

Had something I've had 5 or 6 people say they are going to buy, but never follow through, always want to meet the next day, etc.

Sold it this morning to someone who said they'd meet me in 30 minutes for the asking price, now I have half the other assholes pissed at their non-committal.  

Anyone have a cheap steering post and handlebars for a Procross race sled or trail sled?

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Selling shit on Marketplace right now to fund repairing sleds (that is my excuse).

Had something I've had 5 or 6 people say they are going to buy, but never follow through, always want to meet the next day, etc.

Sold it this morning to someone who said they'd meet me in 30 minutes for the asking price, now I have half the other assholes pissed at their non-committal.  

Anyone have a cheap steering post and handlebars for a Procross race sled or trail sled?

buying and selling can be such a pain in the ass esp when people get emotional.  I've had people get pissed but the first person to get in front of me with cash gets shit.  This winter I sold a trailer, 2 sleds, set of side by side wheel and tires and I bought a SxS,  set of takeoff wheels, 2 trailers and 3 sleds off marketplace.  I show up asap with cash in hand if i want something.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

buying and selling can be such a pain in the ass esp when people get emotional.  I've had people get pissed but the first person to get in front of me with cash gets shit.  This winter I sold a trailer, 2 sleds, set of side by side wheel and tires and I bought a SxS,  set of takeoff wheels, 2 trailers and 3 sleds off marketplace.  I show up asap with cash in hand if i want something.  

The more expensive the item, the better luck I've had selling it.  Sleds, trailers, vehicles, etc.  

Sell the $10 and $20 shit, watch out!

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

The more expensive the item, the better luck I've had selling it.  Sleds, trailers, vehicles, etc.  

Sell the $10 and $20 shit, watch out!

under 50 and i typically toss it in the trash or put it out on the corner of my road and let people take it.  

20 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

under 50 and i typically toss it in the trash or put it out on the corner of my road and let people take it.  

Did you see that Goodhue bought Ossipee Lake Marina?