Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i didn't-  not a surprise that there would be some consolidation and Ossipee owners prob made good coin selling now.  

I'm sure they will keep Tim. He is the face of the business IMO. The previous owner could be a dick.

17 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Bunch of rocks laying around at my new place so I started a stone wall.

571DB9D2-78A9-482E-9D51-D68EDA0FEB4F.jpeg

I had three big piles after I cleared my lot for the house.  One day....I just started doing the same and it a couple days later it morphed into a good size second outdoor patio area with a burn pit on the side of our garage..  It turned out to be my favorite place to chill.  Bet I didn't have $200 in the whole set up....just back work.

191 (2).JPG

• Like 1

• Gold Member
40 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I had three big piles after I cleared my lot for the house.  One day....I just started doing the same and it a couple days later it morphed into a good size second outdoor patio area with a burn pit on the side of our garage..  It turned out to be my favorite place to chill.  Bet I didn't have $200 in the whole set up....just back work.

191 (2).JPG

I like it looks like a good place to sit back and watch the fire. You guys don’t have codes on fire pits being that close to a structure? Fire pits on my to do list I’d like to put mine by my deck but I think it’s a rule it has to be 50ft from any structure. I’m hoping I can tie the wall into the original 17/1800’s one on my back lot line at some point but long ways to go 500ft or so be a few years of back breaking work lol.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I like it looks like a good place to sit back and watch the fire. You guys don’t have codes on fire pits being that close to a structure? Fire pits on my to do list I’d like to put mine by my deck but I think it’s a rule it has to be 50ft from any structure. I’m hoping I can tie the wall into the original 17/1800’s one on my back lot line at some point but long ways to go 500ft or so be a few years of back breaking work lol.

I quit asking for any permission from and government agency in MN.  The answer is always "no",  Fuck them.  I'm pretty sure I don't want to burn my fucking property to the ground.

And it really turned out to be a nice little area.  Cheap and indestructible to boot! I'm planning a bit fancier one for our next place.

IMG_2064.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I quit asking for any permission from and government agency in MN.  The answer is always "no",  Fuck them.  I'm pretty sure I don't want to burn my fucking property to the ground.

And it really turned out to be a nice little area.  Cheap and indestructible to boot! I'm planning a bit fancier one for our next place.

IMG_2064.jpg

I should probably do the same screw asking lol

It's been a long tough grind clearing out my brothers house and doing all the necessary paperwork. We listed the house and finally heading home first thing in the morning. I'm driving the motorhome and the wife is driving the truck hauling the car. I threw a strap on the t-tops as an extra precaution.

20210406_162233.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, Zambroski said:

IMG_2064.jpg

I have a fire/burn pit in my back yard and I burn the fuck outta everything in it.  Think I might have overstepped it a bit though when I burned some cat piss stained carpet in it last summer.....really black sooty smoke.  But by god I got rid of it.   :lol:  A week later I'm out burning some brush  (gray smoke!!), and a male Karen from 4 houses down, pedals up on his mountain bike, and starts taking pictures of my burn pit.  "can I help you?"  He hands me a copy of the town ordinance about burning brush.  "thanks, you can leave now".  Suprised he didn't have fuckin streamers hanging off his bike.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

12 hours ago, smokin george said:

It's been a long tough grind clearing out my brothers house and doing all the necessary paperwork. We listed the house and finally heading home first thing in the morning. I'm driving the motorhome and the wife is driving the truck hauling the car. I threw a strap on the t-tops as an extra precaution.

20210406_162233.jpg

Good luck on your journey home.  :bc:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I have a fire/burn pit in my back yard and I burn the fuck outta everything in it.  Think I might have overstepped it a bit though when I burned some cat piss stained carpet in it last summer.....really black sooty smoke.  But by god I got rid of it.   :lol:  A week later I'm out burning some brush  (gray smoke!!), and a male Karen from 4 houses down, pedals up on his mountain bike, and starts taking pictures of my burn pit.  "can I help you?"  He hands me a copy of the town ordinance about burning brush.  "thanks, you can leave now".  Suprised he didn't have fuckin streamers hanging off his bike.  :lol: 

When I built my home, I burned EVERYTHING.  The city czme by a couple of times to ask if I had a permit and if I was only burning certain materials.  YUP!  :lmao: Fucking Nazis wanted to make it a game...I was willing to play!  "Fire pit" control was an end of day job because you know those busy bodies were out there looking for "off the list" remains.  God damn...OSB stinks!  :lol:

48 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

SMH

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

One local farmer here had a old 40 or 50 foot stave silo with no roof on it he'd burn shit in a couple times a year.  

If it burned, it was probably in there. 

Lord only know what all was in there, but I'm sure it was way way worse then old carpet.

Waiting for the shitter truck to come pump our septic. Our neighbor wanted his done and asked if we wanted ours done at the same time since they would be here to pump his. He even shoveled the dirt off the cover for me. It's nice to have friendly neighbors instead of some of the assholes that we had in NH. Fucking Hampton douche bags, lol at Jeffrey. :lol:

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

Waiting for the shitter truck to come pump our septic. Our neighbor wanted his done and asked if we wanted ours done at the same time since they would be here to pump his. He even shoveled the dirt off the cover for me. It's nice to have friendly neighbors instead of some of the assholes that we had in NH. Fucking Hampton douche bags, lol at Jeffrey. :lol:

:bf:  flatlanders own the lake SBYL

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:bf:  flatlanders own the lake SBYL

It looks like it's very busy there in any recent pictures that I have seen. Good to be out of there :bc:

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Do you have just a holding tank or a tank with lines? I think there are a few places that still allow a holding tank with an active pump contract on file here.  Errrr...in MN I mean.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Do you have just a holding tank or a tank with lines? I think there are a few places that still allow a holding tank with an active pump contract on file here.  Errrr...in MN I mean.

Tank with a leach field. The neighbor has a cesspool and the guy told him that it shouldn't ever need pumping and handed him back his $300 check.  It worked out great for both of us.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Tank with a leach field. The neighbor has a cesspool and the guy told him that it shouldn't ever need pumping and handed him back his $300 check.  It worked out great for both of us.

:bc: