Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Gold Member

After 4 years sitting because I had no spare time and little spare cash I decided I’ve waited long enough. Ordered a bunch of parts and my buddy towed her to my work this morning so I can start putting her together and get her running again. If I’m feeling really motivated I might even finish painting her but I’ll be happy with drivable again for now.

8068FC1E-C1C2-461A-85FA-C273216B21EE.jpeg

CAF9267B-1053-4566-A6BF-E990580EC666.jpeg

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

After 4 years sitting because I had no spare time and little spare cash I decided I’ve waited long enough. Ordered a bunch of parts and my buddy towed her to my work this morning so I can start putting her together and get her running again. If I’m feeling really motivated I might even finish painting her but I’ll be happy with drivable again for now.

Nice :bc:

BTW....79° here, but the breeze makes it tolerable. 

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, ckf said:

Thanks.

That’s not bad at all perfect if ya ask me. It’s actually not bad here either 83 so far. Sunday and Monday gonna be real hot they are claiming low to mid 90s here not looking forward to that.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Thanks.

That’s not bad at all perfect if ya ask me. It’s actually not bad here either 83 so far. Sunday and Monday gonna be real hot they are claiming low to mid 90s here not looking forward to that.

What are you doing for the motor?

We'll see if we finally hit 90° here this summer. In the previous 8 summers that we have been here 89° is the highest temp that my weather station has recorded here. 90° days were pretty common in Ossipee / Tamworth during the summer.

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, ckf said:

What are you doing for the motor?

We'll see if we finally hit 90° here this summer. In the previous 8 summers that we have been here 89° is the highest temp that my weather station has recorded here. 90° days were pretty common in Ossipee / Tamworth during the summer.

I gotta move up there no 90+ lol sounds good to me

Motors a 302 .30 over so 306 with trick flow top end heads,cam,intake normal bolt on stuff it’s the motor I’ve had in it for years. It’s just a fun street car nothing crazy. Shitty pic of the engine it’s all dusty been sitting while. 

2737E86B-FB85-4C4E-9507-8020E8C885D5.jpeg

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I gotta move up there no 90+ lol sounds good to me

Motors a 302 .30 over so 306 with trick flow top end heads,cam,intake normal bolt on stuff it’s the motor I’ve had in it for years. It’s just a fun street car nothing crazy. Shitty pic of the engine it’s all dusty been sitting while. 

2737E86B-FB85-4C4E-9507-8020E8C885D5.jpeg

Yes, the cooler temps are nice. Even when we do get in to the upper 80's, it still seems to cool off quicker in the evening :bc:

Nice on the motor. I had some fun back in the late 80's running my Monte SS at New England Dragway on run what ya brung night.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

do the world a favor and put an LS in unless your willing to tackle a coyote swap.  Fuck 302's,  even bored out to a 347 they are trash in comparison to a junkyard 6.0

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

do the world a favor and put an LS in unless your willing to tackle a coyote swap.  Fuck 302's,  even bored out to a 347 they are trash in comparison to a junkyard 6.0

I had thought about a coyote swap when I put the tubular k-member in but decided against it. It will never have any chevy anything in it I don’t like cross breeding. I just want it drivable again to go to cruise nights and ice cream with the kids I don’t really care about it being fast and shit anymore just want a fun cruiser. My buds 363 might have you thinking different about the 302 base engines 😉 

C3871496-B1CB-4DE8-B469-FD09506DD102.jpeg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ckf said:

im looking forward to those cooler temps after weeks here in TX.   the humitity has been brutal.  stuck at 99% for DAYYYS. 

at 8 am this mornin its 75* @ 99% humitity------- again   :whiteflag:        plano TX got over 7" of rain just yesterday.

5 minutes ago, old indy said:

im looking forward to those cooler temps after weeks here in TX.   the humitity has been brutal.  stuck at 99% for DAYYYS. 

at 8 am this mornin its 75* @ 99% humitity------- again   :whiteflag:        plano TX got over 7" of rain just yesterday.

Shit.... when are you heading home? Heat should break here by midweek.

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

Shit.... when are you heading home? Heat should break here by midweek.

im escaping Tuesday, be back thursday at the latest.  Im looking at riding the bike up to the most northern parts of new england by saturday. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, old indy said:

im escaping Tuesday, be back thursday at the latest.  Im looking at riding the bike up to the most northern parts of new england by saturday. :thumbsup:

Highs in the low 70's her by Thursday  :thumbsup:

image.png

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

Highs in the low 70's her by Thursday  :thumbsup:

image.png

48 and 53* for lows! I will be sure to pack a warm coat.  im gonna freeze my ass off in those temps after being here so long!  :bc:     

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, small-bore said:

I have an awful time trying to get any sleep. I've been in bed since 9 pm. All I've managed to do is toss and turn. I have to getup at ten to five for work and it's going to be a scorcher tomorrow. 

Damn that sucks.  I've had that issue when I have alotta stress or too much going on at work.  Is that a factor?  I got diagnosed with sleep apnea a year ago, and have been on a Cpap machine just recently.  I also cut way back on the booze which also helped.  I fall asleep quickly and have been way better rested.  I like it.  So good luck man.  :bc: 

9 hours ago, small-bore said:

I have an awful time trying to get any sleep. I've been in bed since 9 pm. All I've managed to do is toss and turn. I have to getup at ten to five for work and it's going to be a scorcher tomorrow. 

Worry and stress are big factors, as is drinking coffee or caffeinated drinks within at least 6+ hrs before bed.

Do you like background noise? My biggest problem is I am a light sleeper so I hear everything bump and creek in the night. Years ago I purchased a sound machine with various, mostly nature sounds to drown those out. It took a bit of getting use to but once I found the sound I liked, it made a huge difference.

I feel your pain. 

Good luck. :bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

will be nice to be ocooler.  warm on the SxS yesterday and with mud packed in the rad it was a short day

The dust looked brutal when we were in the Burg last Wednesday.

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

The dust looked brutal when we were in the Burg last Wednesday.

it's been bad everytime out.    this weekend was a bit better as there had been rain but I packed the rad full of mud and water 1/2 mile out of the parking lot yesterday and then riding in the dust made sure it was a shit show.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

heading further north this weekend but looks like no real rain then to Shin pond the following weekend for 4 days.  

Shin Pond is close to Mike W's in-laws 8n Oxbow. I went up with Mike years ago and rode the area before his in-laws retired up there. Very nice area.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Shin Pond is close to Mike W's in-laws 8n Oxbow. I went up with Mike years ago and rode the area before his in-laws retired up there. Very nice area.

rode sleds a few times up there in the last few years,  great area.  IMO Millinocket is the best starting point for trail riding there is because you can go north to that area or west or east.    

• Like 1