Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

There is a great fly fishing only pond there that’s hard to get to. It’s full of trout.

Black Mountain Pond it’s remote and accessible by 4 wheelers and you have to walk in the last half mile.

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There is a great fly fishing only pond there that’s hard to get to. It’s full of trout.

Black Mountain Pond it’s remote and accessible by 4 wheelers and you have to walk in the last half mile.

Hey, stay away. Thanks. :wink lololol.

Was up there (I'm real close by) for a few hrs last Sunday AM. Not even a bite. :( But, I don't fish much. 

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

"Hey babe, why is there a snowmobile in the yard?"

"Huh?"

"You heard me, why is there a snowmobile in the yard?"

"I'm not really sure why you are asking that..."

"Why..."

"To be fair, it is more like 3/8th's of a snowmobile..."

"Hmmm"

"HEY MOM!!!  DID YOU SEE WHAT DAD GOT?!?!?!"

<Awkward staredown>

PXL_20210515_222754353[1].jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Nice summer day with mostly sunny skies and temps in the low 70s here in VT.

Pretty much the same here...mid 40’s tonight. 👊🏻🇺🇸

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice lake bet it’s a good view up that cliff overlooking the lake.

Yes, there are several trails in the area. My neighbor climbed Mt Pisgah (mt on left) this spring. He showed me pics looking o9ut over the cliffs. Those cliffs are also popular in the winter for ice climbing. There is also an old CCC road that has a great lookout from the left side( Mt Hoar) of the photo.

• Like 1

I finally got around to doing the brakes over the weekend. I went on Sat to pick up the new calipers and they never got any of their orders delivered so I had to put the old ones back on. Now I have to wait another 2-3 weeks to have the shop to myself for ten days. I'll rip out the interior in the meantime and install all the new carpets

20210520_150141.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey George, looking good, you got that paint shining great. Did you have to give it your special treatment or did you find it like that ?

That paint is 25 years old and I haven't touched it yet. It's that funky shit where it changes 4-5 diff colors depending on the angle. I'm starting on the bottom of the car with all new brakes/lines, gas tank,sending unit fuel pump and lines, stabilizer kits front/back, all new shocks and whatever else. I have all new carpets for the interior then doing all new hoses,vacuum lines etc ,new tires/rims and then getting it painted

• Like 2

17 hours ago, smokin george said:

I finally got around to doing the brakes over the weekend. I went on Sat to pick up the new calipers and they never got any of their orders delivered so I had to put the old ones back on. Now I have to wait another 2-3 weeks to have the shop to myself for ten days. I'll rip out the interior in the meantime and install all the new carpets

20210520_150141.jpg

cool paint that chrome illusion, did you have it done or buy it that way?   

NEVERMIND.... i read the rest of the thread..      :ashamed:   that stuff was $250 a PINT!! back when i was doing my GMC over in 98-99

Edited by old indy

1 minute ago, old indy said:

cool paint that chrome illusion, did you have it done or buy it that way?   

It was my brother's wife's car and she wanted that paint and he had it done for her. It's Mystic Purpleen and 25 years ago $1K a quart. The quart now is around $1700/ quart. I'm going back to the original green or as close to it as I can.

10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It was my brother's wife's car and she wanted that paint and he had it done for her. It's Mystic Purpleen and 25 years ago $1K a quart. The quart now is around $1700/ quart. I'm going back to the original green or as close to it as I can.

ya thats just nuts isnt it..  we had a paint rep from dupont  (i think)house of colour maybe,  come to our little compound of hobby shops in mass. bitd trying to sell us the stuff. they had different........ hues..   purple, orange, green ect.. one of the guys did buy a pint and did a sportster with it.  it still looks great today.  i just saw a bmw suv here in TX with that same paint the other day in a wallyworld parking lot, it still turns a ton of heads and leaves them saying :wtf:

Edited by old indy

21 minutes ago, old indy said:

ya thats just nuts isnt it..  we had a paint rep from dupont  (i think)house of colour maybe,  come to our little compound of hobby shops in mass. bitd trying to sell us the stuff. they had different........ hues..   purple, orange, green ect.. one of the guys did buy a pint and did a sportster with it.  it still looks great today.  i just saw a bmw suv here in TX with that same paint the other day in a wallyworld parking lot, it still turns a ton of heads and leaves them saying :wtf:

I stopped in at the local bodyshop that does good work but he won't touch my car and he won't even paint his own Vette. That's a bummer as it's close .

21 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I stopped in at the local bodyshop that does good work but he won't touch my car and he won't even paint his own Vette. That's a bummer as it's close .

huh!?  whys that?       vetes arent THAT bad to work.    that paint blends pretty nicely if it was/is staying the same.           i hand block sanded a 79 years ago to the point the guy i worked for said WTF!  you sanded out the waves int he fiberglass!? its to flat!  

Edited by old indy

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

The actual end of the rainbow!

186474590_2126081680866670_5251369604138565387_n.jpg

Is that Parkers mine?     lol                                                                                                    :ashamed: