Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Rained like a mofof last night , sun breaking now

Same here except for the sun part.

Morning.  Currently 66 with showers and humid as a mofo.  Forecast is calling for highs in the mid 60's on Saturday.

National-CBD-Day-August-8.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jammin said:

Yes- 2 of them.  98% blocked.  :bc: 

Glad you are still alive. Why do guys do this to themselves?

I found out 2 years ago that the reason I had no stamina and was tired and short of breath all the time was I had 2 big blood clots in my lungs. Turns out I caused damage to my heart by not going in when I should have.

Get used to your cardiologist and you becoming very close friends. LOL

Again, I'm very glad you survived. :bc:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I had a pulmonary embolism. Feels like an elephant standing on your chest. Don't ignore severe chest pain.

I had 2 and ignored them for damn near a week. I guess everyone was surprised that I had walked into the hospital on my own.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Big Crappie said:

I had 2 and ignored them for damn near a week. I guess everyone was surprised that I had walked into the hospital on my own.

MIne happened on a Tuesday. I called DR and he said " well your coming in Friday anyway, we will look at it then" 20 minutes later I drove to the hospital and they put me in ICU.

• Sad 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

MIne happened on a Tuesday. I called DR and he said " well your coming in Friday anyway, we will look at it then" 20 minutes later I drove to the hospital and they put me in ICU.

Yeah, I must have looked like hell because the lady at the desk took one look at me after I told her my issue and  30 seconds later 3 people came around the corner with a wheel chair to whisk me off to the heart unit.

12 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Glad you are still alive. Why do guys do this to themselves?

I found out 2 years ago that the reason I had no stamina and was tired and short of breath all the time was I had 2 big blood clots in my lungs. Turns out I caused damage to my heart by not going in when I should have.

Get used to your cardiologist and you becoming very close friends. LOL

Again, I'm very glad you survived. :bc:

Right??  learned a lesson for sure.....   Thursday late afternoon I felt weird and then started having chest and left arm pains.  Didnt say anything thinking it would go away.  Slept like shit Thursday night but felt decent Friday except I was really tired.  Sat 9AM or so my wife said lets go now or i'm calling 911.  We went in and they hooked me up. Took them just a couple min to hook me up and then everyone's face had a panic look.  5-6 others came into the room all doing different things (ultrasound, surgery prep, blood work etc) and they wheeled me into an operating room 30 min later.  Procedure took about 1.5 hours and then carted me into ICU.  Guess I was 98% blocked. Very very painful experience but feel pretty good now   :)     

• Like 2

Happy Friday

really nice here at 62 suppose to hit 80.

Heading to the speedway soon. Looking for win #8. Next week is a 50 lapper. Championship is within arms length now but things can change 

My bud Tommy

https://www.staffordmotorspeedway.com/tom-fearn-ties-bugsy-stevens-on-staffords-all-time-wins-list/

Edited by Pete

• Gold Member

Good morning all, kinda cold aand windy here while I enjoy some coffee this morning. 

Today's study topic will be manuvering board review and chart plot review. Dont need too much in the way of review on either since both are used often at sea, well at least the chart plot is anyway. The radar and ARPA make the manuvering board unneccesary. Should be a fun day, I like manuvering board problems.  :bc: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jammin said:

Right??  learned a lesson for sure.....   Thursday late afternoon I felt weird and then started having chest and left arm pains.  Didnt say anything thinking it would go away.  Slept like shit Thursday night but felt decent Friday except I was really tired.  Sat 9AM or so my wife said lets go now or i'm calling 911.  We went in and they hooked me up. Took them just a couple min to hook me up and then everyone's face had a panic look.  5-6 others came into the room all doing different things (ultrasound, surgery prep, blood work etc) and they wheeled me into an operating room 30 min later.  Procedure took about 1.5 hours and then carted me into ICU.  Guess I was 98% blocked. Very very painful experience but feel pretty good now   :)     

Glad your OK Jammy

Edited by Mainecat
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jammin said:

Glad to hear your OK and your wife took the initiative or else you might not be here right now. I lost my best friend 9yrs ago because he also thought things would go away. The morning his wife was taking him to the hospital despite he pleas, he passed away in their bedroom shower. He was only 45 and died because of a blockage in his pancreas. :sad:

• Sad 1

National Baseball card day today. Aug 10th. I collect as I did in my youth but just recently got back into the hobby in 2016. 

MM1.jpg

Warren Spahn Bowman.JPG

WM1.jpg

Jackie2.jpg

• Like 2

Morning! Its gonna be a nice day today. It's been great sleeping with the cool nights. The neighbours three lots over found a big pile of bear shit in their yard and hopefully it has moved on.We have a driveway alarm and sofar its deer,fox and some fkrs cat setting it off but nothing big to worry about

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! Its gonna be a nice day today. It's been great sleeping with the cool nights. The neighbours three lots over found a big pile of bear shit in their yard and hopefully it has moved on.We have a driveway alarm and sofar its deer,fox and some fkrs cat setting it off but nothing big to worry about

As long as ya don't leave trash or dog food outside its no big deal. I have one that cruises on thru often. Just checks shit out and moves along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

As long as ya don't leave trash or dog food outside its no big deal. I have one that cruises on thru often. Just checks shit out and moves along.

We don't leave anything around and for the most part the neighbours are good about it as well. Our little subdivision is in the bush and we are the wildlife when we get together with the neighbours lol

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 4:57 AM, jammin said:

Glad you're alright. Must be a hell of a thing. I have a couple friends with similar stories. Ignored chest pains and such for a couple days thinking it would just go away, finally got to the hospital and find out its the heart.

Morning, Sunny today, 13 now heading for  27. Got woken up at 3am by a pack of coyotes. They were howling for a good 10-15 minutes, sounded close. You see them all the time around here. Last week one was walking down the shoulder of my road at 830am.

Back to work on the backyard today. I got one wall covered yesterday. Planning to finish the other 2 today if I can get materials from my buddy. Maybe just paint more fence.

• Like 2

Good morning. :bc:

Currently 21c here or 70 F. Sunny and not much of a breeze. It's likey going to be a lazy, unproductive day around here as both my wife and I are currently nursing hangovers due to my nephews wedding yesterday.

We got home around 1:30 last night and had one last beer before we hit the sheets. We both didn't need it! Up a couple times in the night for a piss screwed up my sleep but that is nothing new. Enjoying cup number 2 of morning coffee and will likely have another one to see if it helps anymore?

I'm thinking once I have something to eat, I will be horizontal shortly after but we'll see?

37 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The dog won’t leave my side.. Must be a bear or wolf near by. He keeps growling at the woods?

7525902B-8B9E-4B61-8E32-9ABE76CD528B.jpeg

77B9B77E-1E8F-4680-A1A8-E51149A67709.jpeg

They can sense things for the most part. Our dobe/mix and the dobe knew something was out there just by watching their behaviour and their hackles standing up