Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

8 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Hope all is well, John.  :bc:

Thanks Brad :bc:    I'm stronger today than I was last night so things are moving forward :thumb:  When I got home yesterday afternoon I needed a little help lifting my left leg up the 4 steps to get to the deck. I just went out to see where I'm at this morning and my leg cleared each step by 2".  Life is fragile my friends.....make the most of every moment you have :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

Thanks Brad :bc:    I'm stronger today than I was last night so things are moving forward :thumb:  When I got home yesterday afternoon I needed a little help lifting my left leg up the 4 steps to get to the deck. I just went out to see where I'm at this morning and my leg cleared each step by 2".  Life is fragile my friends.....make the most of every moment you have :bc:

I hadn't realized you were having this many issues. That sucks!  Hope your able to heal soon!  :bc:

• Like 2

Just now, Kivalo said:

I hadn't realized you were having this many issues. That sucks!  Hope your able to heal soon!  :bc:

When I said I couldn't lift my legs I wasn't kidding, LOL.    The doc has me in good spirits and I'm an old suborn bastard.....I got this :bc:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, ckf said:

Glad to hear you're on the mend.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Good morning! The pest (wife) woke me up at 6:48 and said okay you've slept in and time to get up. I told her I'm trying to break the cycle of getting up at 3:45 every morning. She said I'm doing good and got 3 hours extra sleep. Sheesh! HELP me please lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Good morning! The pest (wife) woke me up at 6:48 and said okay you've slept in and time to get up. I told her I'm trying to break the cycle of getting up at 3:45 every morning. She said I'm doing good and got 3 hours extra sleep. Sheesh! HELP me please lol

Wives just don't understand.........

• Haha 1

Morning! Weather is great and I'm stuck at home repairing the clunk I heard Tuesday on the drivers side rear suspension of my 2004 Escape.

Wife says just break down and buy a different vehicle. Me, that'll buff right out LOL

20190814_173957.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

Good Sunday morning everyone!  Cloudy and 64° to start the day.   Our token Mexican must be happy today...   

National-Fajita-Day-August-18.jpg

:gm:

Sunny and pleasant here...possible storms later...Fajitas sound delicious! 

• Like 1

Sitting at a hotel outside state college PA this morning.  Wife's going to be cranky we drove 2 hours more than planned when there were no hotels with rooms between Scranton and here. Dropping the daughter off at 2 then spending tonight in Pittsburg. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Sitting at a hotel outside state college PA this morning.  Wife's going to be cranky we drove 2 hours more than planned when there were no hotels with rooms between Scranton and here. Dropping the daughter off at 2 then spending tonight in Pittsburg. 

Yuh....set my daughter up at college last weekend and BAM!  Here she is at home again pissing me off!  WTF!  I’m sending her out of state!!!!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yuh....set my daughter up at college last weekend and BAM!  Here she is at home again pissing me off!  WTF!  I’m sending her out of state!!!!

They're hard to get rid of lol. Go steal a for sale sign with sold on it lol

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well with mine a 10 plus hour car ride away I don't need to worry about seeing her come home unexpected. My son goes 30 minutes away and the only reason we saw him last year is he had to go back to his job when he ran out of money 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Well with mine a 10 plus hour car ride away I don't need to worry about seeing her come home unexpected. My son goes 30 minutes away and the only reason we saw him last year is he had to go back to his job when he ran out of money 

Time to raise his allowance you cheap bastard :lol: 

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

They're hard to get rid of lol. Go steal a for sale sign with sold on it lol

Or, do it for real!!!

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

She’s still got friends going to school locally and kept her job?? It was her idea to transfer.  WTF?  It’s time for her to spread her wings....and GTFO!!!

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Time to raise his allowance you cheap bastard :lol: 

Fuck no.  I pay 20k the rest is on them both spending money and the difference in tuition. Smart kids would have gone to the cheapest school and had money in their pocket. Instead they chose to pay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Fuck no.  I pay 20k the rest is on them both spending money and the difference in tuition. Smart kids would have gone to the cheapest school and had money in their pocket. Instead they chose to pay. 

Good for you  :bc:

43 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I’m doing something similar.  She has been given a lump sum in a joint account for her education or, to start another endeavor (with my permission and guidance).  It’s up to her how it gets used but she is still required to have a PT job during college.  A day or two a week of work is good for anybody for several reasons, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m doing something similar.  She has been given a lump sum in a joint account for her education or, to start another endeavor (with my permission and guidance).  It’s up to her how it gets used but she is still required to have a PT job during college.  A day or two a week of work is good for anybody for several reasons, IMO.

All of my kids were required to have a pt job since they started driving. No job = no driving. I think teaching your kids about earning money and a good work ethic,is more important than any 4 year degree. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

All of my kids were required to have a pt job since they started driving. No job = no driving. I think teaching your kids about earning money and a good work ethic,is more important than any 4 year degree. 

If the only place they think money comes from is your pocket, that's the only place they will ever look for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Few years back a couple I know in town drove 22+hours to bring their daughter to school in Toronto. Took their time on the way home only to find,,,you guessed it,,,daughter beat them home!!! LOL She didn't like it there hahaha

57 minutes ago, HSR said:

Few years back a couple I know in town drove 22+hours to bring their daughter to school in Toronto. Took their time on the way home only to find,,,you guessed it,,,daughter beat them home!!! LOL She didn't like it there hahaha

Holy shit!  That’s like going back in time....in reverse!  I’d be PISSED!

:lol: