Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Just now, steve from amherst said:

What is there , shaws? How bout derby?

Yes on Shaws. The Wally world isn't a super.   In Derby we have Shaws, Price Chopper and Super Walmart.   Walmart is cheaper but their meat sucks. It would be nice to have a supermarket that has good prices and good meat.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

Yes on Shaws. The Wally world isn't a super.   In Derby we have Shaws, Price Chopper and Super Walmart.   Walmart is cheaper but their meat sucks. It would be nice to have a supermarket that has good prices and good meat.

I bought a smoked shoulder at wally world once. Was like $4 for one the size of a snowmobile. When I boiled it and took the fat off I was left with a cut the size of a baseball.

Never food shopped at wally world since. That was my maiden voyage there and Im all set.

12 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I bought a smoked shoulder at wally world once. Was like $4 for one the size of a snowmobile. When I boiled it and took the fat off I was left with a cut the size of a baseball.

Never food shopped at wally world since. That was my   maiden voyage there and Im all set.

We don't have many options up here. But as cheap as I am, the majority of our groceries come from the IGA in Colebrook.   It's just a great little store.  I've never had to wait in line to get checked out.  When you go to Wally World you better be prepared to wait in line or go to their self-checkout   :bigfinger:

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

We don't have many options up here. But as cheap as I am, the majority of our groceries come from the IGA in Colebrook.   It's just a great little store.  I've never had to wait in line to get checked out.  When you go to Wally World you better be prepared to wait in line or go to their self-checkout   :bigfinger:

We stop there every time we fish in the burg. 

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

We stop there every time we fish in the burg. 

That's where @Angry ginger  and I used to stop on our way to camp in Stewartstown.  We both liked the bakery section pretty well.  I always went for the cakey stuff and Jeff liked the pastries. :lol:

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

Good hump day morning everyone.  The sky was a beautiful pink/orange earlier this AM as a cold front approaches us from the west today.  I'm sure our resident Captain knows the old wives' tale well @Kivalo 

National-Spumoni-Day-August-21.jpg

Looks delish   ^^^

Supposed to be a rough day weather wise here as well.  :bc:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Supposed to be a rough day weather wise here as well.  :bc:

Pretty heavy t-storms around Albany at 5 this morning. It must have moved through southern VT by now.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Pretty heavy t-storms around Albany at 5 this morning. It must have moved through southern VT by now.

Around 6 or so we had a band move through here. Supposed to like this all morning here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Gaykev144dicks read "spumoni" and got excited. He got out the lotion and googled it only to be disappointed by images of fucking ice cream :lol:

Why are you slumming this AM?  Bored?  :lol:

jk....good morning Bhen :bc:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Why are you slumming this AM?  Bored?  :lol:

jk....good morning Bhen :bc:

I dont feel good at all. Called in sick to work and am contemplating heading to clinic. Every time I stand up I get nauseous and dizzy. Feels like flu bug but I dont think anything is going around. I'm fine when I lay back down

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont feel good at all. Called in sick to work and am contemplating heading to clinic. Every time I stand up I get nauseous and dizzy. Feels like flu bug but I dont think anything is going around. I'm fine when I lay back down

That sucks. Take it easy and if you don't feel better soon get yourself to the doctors.  I avoided doctors for years and suffered more than necessary with my back and neck pain.  I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought during my stay at the hospital.  I'm looking forward to my appointment next week with the neurologist. He is going to be shocked at my progress as long as I don't have a relapse :bc:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

That sucks. Take it easy and if you don't feel better soon get yourself to the doctors.  I avoided doctors for years and suffered more than necessary with my back and neck pain.  I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought during my stay at the hospital.  I'm looking forward to my appointment next week with the neurologist. He is going to be shocked at my progress as long as I don't have a relapse :bc:

What did you have done?

Just now, f7ben said:

What did you have done?

Nothing yet.   I wasn't really getting anywhere going to the local doctor so Nicole's aunt suggested just going to the ER and let them do the MRI and CT scans instead of going through the process of referrals  and appointments.  I go back next Tuesday to go over everything with the doctor.  I got 2 calls yesterday. One was checking in to see how I was doing. The other one was from my doctors nurse telling me that my B12 levels were dangerously low. Nicole takes a B12 supplement everyday, so I'm on 2000ml of B12 now.  O don't know if it was the b12 from yesterday, or the steroids, but I fell and move around much better today.  Today is my last dose of the oral steroids.....

Just now, ckf said:

Nothing yet.   I wasn't really getting anywhere going to the local doctor so Nicole's aunt suggested just going to the ER and let them do the MRI and CT scans instead of going through the process of referrals  and appointments.  I go back next Tuesday to go over everything with the doctor.  I got 2 calls yesterday. One was checking in to see how I was doing. The other one was from my doctors nurse telling me that my B12 levels were dangerously low. Nicole takes a B12 supplement everyday, so I'm on 2000ml of B12 now.  O don't know if it was the b12 from yesterday, or the steroids, but I fell and move around much better today.  Today is my last dose of the oral steroids.....

Prednisone basically saved me a surgery to this point. That shit worked miracles on me

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Prednisone basically saved me a surgery to this point. That shit worked miracles on me

Same here.  They recommended surgery for me 25 years ago when I 1st herniated my back. I went the physical therapy route as they said it was possible that I might not be able to walk if things went bad.

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

Same here.  They recommended surgery for me 25 years ago when I 1st herniated my back. I went the physical therapy route as they said it was possible that I might not be able to walk if things went bad.

The surgeries have come a long ways. I'm far less tentative about it than I was even 9 years ago. I hear a lot more success stories than before. If I find myself in significant pain like I was years ago I'm going to have the surgery.

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

The surgeries have come a long ways. I'm far less tentative about it than I was even 9 years ago. I hear a lot more success stories than before. If I find myself in significant pain like I was years ago I'm going to have the surgery.

Have you tried killing your self?:lol:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, f7ben said:

Go get looked at-   Dont do what I did and wait.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammin said:

Morning-

70 / 55 and clear-  Today is officially 1 year without a drink.  Time to celebrate with a coffee, some water, maybe a diet coke and a trip North.   :bc: 

Nice....have fun homey

• Like 1