Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

40 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Seizing at 700 miles is something only you would try to swing into a positive.

You are stupid as fuck!

Scored bearing from Suzuki. It happened on a Sunday. Was back riding the following Friday. Yeah! It ended positive. Try that on a poo or a doo, you stupid FUCK!

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Seizing at 700 miles is something only you would try to swing into a positive.

You are stupid as fuck!

They recalled all the 98 600efi because they were super reliable and put new pistons and cylinders on them. every non 600 twin of that era were garbage. I don’t know anyone that didn’t blow one up.

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Ok I just read hater squad #1 dip shit post because zr6000 quoted him.  All first year cats are shit?  Haha ok?  I'll give you the procross, ok.  First year prowler?  First year zr?  First year thundercat?  First years z/zr snopro?  First year firecat?  First year M/crossfire?  First year twin spar?  First year four strokes and turbos?  First year snopro race/500's?  First year ascender/alpha?  So one means all?  What a dumb ass seriously.

Historically cat has first year sleds that perform right away with no major issues, way more than anyone else.  Just more proof he has no clue what he talks about 

Procross was shit as was first year ctec 800 and ctec 800 v2.  Fucking disasters.  

Btw - he doesn't say he is cats most loyal customer in the post you quoted.  Also said he got burned hard and got smart.  Why are you so fucking blind?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Procross was shit as was first year ctec 800 and ctec 800 v2.  Fucking disasters.  

Btw - he doesn't say he is cats most loyal customer in the post you quoted.  Also said he got burned hard and got smart.  Why are you so fucking blind?

You have to admit that between Stinki, mnstang and Dimwit (the 3 amigoes) there is some comical shit in there

• Thanks 1

This thread is entertaining, holy shit :lol: So let me get this right - guys who bought Cats, year after year for damn near 30 years can't be called loyal because they no longer buy Cats?  FFS - that's ridiculous.  You're only loyal if you STILL ride Cat?? 

I look at guys like @Ziemann and see a perfect example of what Cat did to screw themselves & why Cat is where they are today - trying to claw their way back to relevance.  He stuck with Cat as long as possible, and finally got tired of it all & tried something else.  That something else ended up being a better product.  Some of you guys could learn from him.

BTW - first year Cats and nobody talked about the 17+ recalls my '03 F7 had .... that was fun :news:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

BTW - first year Cats and nobody talked about the 17+ recalls my '03 F7 had .... that was fun :news:

Oh- and those cracked fuel tank necks were a great time. But- everything was perfect......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ziemann said:

Holy Shit- Thank you, @Bontz

No need to thank me.  You have a pretty damn good track record, and it's just laughable the diehards don't recognize why the sinking ship in TRF has been taking on so much water these last several years. 

12 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

And here's the thing they don't get. Many of us are stating that we would give Cat a fair shot at earning our business in the future if they can get their shit together. 

download (2).jpg

Exactly.  I'm sure we'll see some sort of "you're just haters" comments, but meh .. whatever.  If Cat can deliver a sled that performs as good/better as what I've got, and the 858 is legit, I would go back.  I just hope the price tag is realistic.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I had a 98 500. It locked up at 700 or so miles. Got it back, less than a week later. Still running. Credibility is in you, worshiper of internet jESUS.

You wouldn't get that kind of service from Cat or your dealer today.

You'd be waiting on a CTEC 6000 to become available for anywhere between 1 week to ??? months.

You certainly wouldn't be back out riding your sled the next weekend.

Unless you'd want to pay the piper for one of my new long blocks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You wouldn't get that kind of service from Cat or your dealer today.

You'd be waiting on a CTEC 6000 to become available for anywhere between 1 week to ??? months.

You certainly wouldn't be back out riding your sled the next weekend.

Unless you'd want to pay the piper for one of my new long blocks.

I beg to differ. Betting I would get even better service.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what I find utterly hilarious at times is the infighting amongst the maga type cat guys and the rino type cat guys.  

9_9

I am going to put Polaris stickers on my new cat to confuse people. I will tell people it’s a prototype 9r trail sled that is going to replace the vr1 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I beg to differ. Betting I would get even better service.

Unless Chad has a long block sitting and waiting for someone, he'd have to rely on being able to get a new one from Cat or a refurb from Northern Crank.

Cat doesn't appear to have any available right meow.  My guess is all going to Catalyst orders.

• Like 1

Every rider in our group will be back on cat if they get back to leading and can deliver a superior product but that is going to take more than a couple of seasons of sleds in owners hands to be proven.  The other major hurdle textron has is they have gutted the dealer network.  None of my past cat dealers even carry the brand anymore.  It's going to be an uphill battle to keep the lights on in TRF.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Unless Chad has a long block sitting and waiting for someone, he'd have to rely on being able to get a new one from Cat or a refurb from Northern Crank.

Cat doesn't appear to have any available right meow.  My guess is all going to Catalyst orders.

All hypothetical so who the fuck cares? Back in 98, only thing replaced was the crank.

On 9/18/2023 at 1:47 PM, jonlafon1 said:

23 pages and not one person is mentioning chassis efficiency of the catalyst.  Why does cat need to go bigger then 858 again?  We do not have any production models YET but i think this chassis is going to be way more efficient about getting the HP to the ground. Time will tell for sure.. If Cat gets the clutching right for once this will be a killer Catalyst in both classes.. The 600 will surprise this season.. 858 will put Cat back on the map where it has not been for many years. 

Okay give me the green goggles comments!   :salute: 

I'm hoping to see if there is chassis efficiency this coming winter. 

I'm running two 22 ZR 800 sleds with fresh clutching and one with a freshened up motor.  I also have a couple different secondaries to compare. (Nobody talks much about the 22 800 secondary.  They should)

Anyhow, I have two Catalyst sleds with coupled skids ordered and I'm hoping to see how the old 800 runs against the new chassis with a 600.

Riding style is typically fairly hard core long distance in crappy pulling snow.  It's hard on clutching and takes a lot of power.  If there is efficiency in the chassis, I hope to find out.

If these 600 sleds can hang with the old 800 setup, the new motor should be a rock star in the chassis. 

I'm honestly more concerned about any weak points in the new chassis/setup they may not have yet discovered.  All the efficiency in the world doesn't mean squat if it's sitting in a shop. 

That's about all I've got for the actual sled discussion.  Now we can get back to the blathering.

• Like 6