Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

27 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sure they do. Fuck! You are not that good a rider.  I will take a racers word over an internet jockey any day of the week. 

Saying stupid shit like that, and all the other bullshit, and lies you spread on here is why you are known as a jimwit.
factory, and sponsored racers aren't ever going to say anything negative about the sled, or products.  Hell its common for racers to not use a sponsors product, and use the sponsors competitors product.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, krom said:

Saying stupid shit like that, and all the other bullshit, and lies you spread on here is why you are known as a jimwit.
factory, and sponsored racers aren't ever going to say anything negative about the sled, or products.  Hell its common for racers to not use a sponsors product, and use the sponsors competitors product.

I bet your warranty claims on arctic cat snowmobiles are pretty much zero since you only sell to racers and people that don’t use the internet. 

4 hours ago, krom said:

18/19 ctec are/were very reliable, only issue is the flames out the exhaust that happen when ridden the right way.  If you never stop, you don't have to worry about them.

20 was pretty good too

'21 was a disaster, mapping, injectors, clutching all off.  We had at least one long block on the shelf at all times , and had to take good parts from blown up low mileage motors, to get guys back on the snow (blast too)

'22/23 reliable again, but still no oem fix for the bad low speed mapping.

You really are stupid, and ignorant of what is going on aren't you???!!!  textron does not stock parts like arctic cat did.  I've even posted screen shots from long term textron employees saying they wouldn't buy a machine because of how bad parts, and warranty are. Yet here you are lost and lying out your ass.

exactly, textron doesn't stock enough parts to do anything, its not that uncommon for parts to be on backorder for 6+months, it happened with 800 engine parts in 21.  600 long blocks, 600 and 800 pistons are currently on back order

Hell if you need exhaust stud(s) for a 2024 998, a clutch for any year wildcat trail/sport, transaxle parts for an 18-2023 wildcat XX, you are sol as AC has discontinued them.

I have 2 new long blocks and 2 sets of top end rebuilds ready to go for CTEC 600's.  Maybe 3 sets, I'd have to look and dig a bit.  I'm better stocked than most dealers in that respect.

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Yes they do. Park Rapids is a true cross country event. So is the 500. Mostly ditch pounding action. You are mental!

They haven't run the rail grade in Park Rapids for a few years. 

When we'd drop out of the woods by Nevis and traditionally run the grade back to PR with a short drop onto Belle Taine 

We started running the 34 ditch to Nevis and back into the woods by Nevis a few years ago. 

I hated the rail grade run from Belle Taine to PR. 

Only other thing close to the rail grade was the run down the goat path Gulch Lake until we were back in the woods.

44 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have yet to meet a racer that doesn’t brake anything. The end users brake the same crap if not more than the racers. I guess arctic cat makes an inferior product that only racers can keep from falling apart. 

There were years where we skipped the bucket of shame and went straight to the 55 gallon drum of shame.

Edited by racinfarmer

34 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have yet to meet a racer that doesn’t brake anything. The end users brake the same crap if not more than the racers. I guess arctic cat makes an inferior product that only racers can keep from falling apart. 

Yet they have stated no broken belt. I'll take them at their word over you.

32 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I bet your warranty claims on arctic cat snowmobiles are pretty much zero since you only sell to racers and people that don’t use the internet. 

Last warranty I can remember was on my 1998.

Edited by ZR6000RR

37 minutes ago, krom said:

Fuck you internet jESUS! You bounce around more than a rubber ball.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I am waiting to see how the belt drive holds up to the constant shock loads from the wash boards we run in the UP. I have a 135 studs ready to go in mine and I am going to try Mohawks this year instead of the razors. I am gonna order the skis next week when I get back to Minnesota. Also what shock package did you get on the other one? The IFP or the Atac? I went with the IFP as I don’t see any value in the iact. 

I hear you on the belt drive concerns.  I wish they would give me test mules to run in those conditions.  It sure seems to be hard on sleds.  I've been trying components for years just to get them to hold together.  I hope the belt drive isn't one of those areas I need to make better.

I never did the test rides.  Buddies that did say the sleds turn.  Sounds like Razors might be too much.  I have a spare set of Curve skis I'm planning on trying.  Funny deal with the spare set.  My dealer was clearing out a storage area and found the set.  He knew I ran the skis and asked if I wanted them.  I only needed to buy the mounting kit. :yahoo:

The other one is a 137 ATAC.  Thought it would be a good idea to get contrast in shock packages to test the setup and ride.  You should bop up there some time when we're riding.  Then we'd have the full set of skid options to compare.  I came close to getting a 129, but wasn't sure how much time I'd have to set up the thing.  I figured the 137 was close enough to the Procross skid that I'd speed up the process.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I hear you on the belt drive concerns.  I wish they would give me test mules to run in those conditions.  It sure seems to be hard on sleds.  I've been trying components for years just to get them to hold together.  I hope the belt drive isn't one of those areas I need to make better.

I never did the test rides.  Buddies that did say the sleds turn.  Sounds like Razors might be too much.  I have a spare set of Curve skis I'm planning on trying.  Funny deal with the spare set.  My dealer was clearing out a storage area and found the set.  He knew I ran the skis and asked if I wanted them.  I only needed to buy the mounting kit. :yahoo:

The other one is a 137 ATAC.  Thought it would be a good idea to get contrast in shock packages to test the setup and ride.  You should bop up there some time when we're riding.  Then we'd have the full set of skid options to compare.  I came close to getting a 129, but wasn't sure how much time I'd have to set up the thing.  I figured the 137 was close enough to the Procross skid that I'd speed up the process.

Think of it as a timing belt on a car. Lots of load put on them, yet last 100,000 miles plus. 

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Timing belts see a relatively consistent and linear load.

Drive belt on a sled will see shock loads.

Not really. Acceleration, deceleration, starting and stopping. The shock load on the Catalyst is controlled by the TCL and the eccentric bearing. Time will tell, but I am confident.  

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Ditches and big jumps are completely different from the 1 foot vibration magnets on a rail grade. Cat either leaves bolts loose on skids from the factory or those wash boards rattle them loose. I am going with its from the vibration of those bumps. 

I'm going to comment on the bold.

I like banging around in the rough junk once and awhile.  It's fun and the workout let's you know you've been riding.  I'm a pretty light guy and the shock valving works well for that stuff.  The last RR sleds were almost perfect with a few tweaks for light riders.  I could use full range of travel in those skids and still have a great ride.  I rarely broke stuff in rough conditions.  If I did, it's usually something I hit hard.  I banged my chest hard into the bars a few times and thought for sure something had to be broke.

On the other hand, I lose motors and clutch components like throwing candy at a parade when I'm riding mashed potato stutters all day.  Those conditions are hard on sleds for some reason.  Some of the stock valving setups just don't work and the skids lock up like deadheading in an old Mack truck.  That issue doesn't help.  Drive components don't hold up when running hard.  The constant loading and unloading stress tears the bejeezus out of anything past the throttle lever.  Funny thing with those conditions.  Those three hundred pound guys seem to break less driveline stuff in those conditions.  They do go through motors though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I talked to someone that has put sometime on the catalyst and that was his thinking on the c and a. he has had the same opinion on c and a on the procross as we have. He switched to the slp a couple seasons ago with better results. He also pointed out with the slp if you need more bite for powder days, you can drop the ski bottoms off the Mohawk and switch them over to the powder pro bottoms real quick. the ski bottoms for slp are cheap and the mount stays on the sled when swapping over. I sold those razors with my last because they had about 20,000 miles on them and were pretty worn. I didn’t see any point into putting the stock skis back on it to sell it this time. I might living back in the up this winter so I will have to meet up with you guys some place. 

• Like 1

@ZR6000RR, I hope you are correct about the belt drive system holding together.

I'd have to argue that I can't compare it to a timing belt.  In fact, I have quite a bit of faith in belts that run a more consistent load.

These things run a lot of load through belts.

20230506_145441.thumb.jpg.93c599414b8daf08decfda42aad4abf5.jpg

We run the heck out of them for long hours and don't worry too much about belts.  They do run chains in two spots, unloading auger and running parts of the head.  The unload chain really takes a hit even with soft start. The feeder house chain gets a chatter load.  I'm not sure why those areas use chains, but we usually replace them every year.  They stretch and will break.  Some of the belts run thousands of hours under load without replacement.  They also run constant tension.

I can have faith in belts holding together.  I also know setting them up right is a big deal. 

One advantage of the Catalyst belt drive is it doesn't rely on side pressure to drive.  That alone reduces heat stress and constant sidewall pressure load strain.  On the other hand, the system would be prone to failure if the belt wasn't always tight.  There is nothing left to slip and shock strains would be huge.  I'll be watching that belt tension close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, favoritos said:

I'd have to argue that I can't compare it to a timing belt.  In fact, I have quite a bit of faith in belts that run a more consistent load.

We run the heck out of them for long hours and don't worry too much about belts.  They do run chains in two spots, unloading auger and running parts of the head.  The unload chain really takes a hit even with soft start. The feeder house chain gets a chatter load.  I'm not sure why those areas use chains, but we usually replace them every year.  They stretch and will break.  Some of the belts run thousands of hours under load without replacement.  They also run constant tension.

I can have faith in belts holding together.  I also know setting them up right is a big deal. 

One advantage of the Catalyst belt drive is it doesn't rely on side pressure to drive.  That alone reduces heat stress and constant sidewall pressure load strain.  On the other hand, the system would be prone to failure if the belt wasn't always tight.  There is nothing left to slip and shock strains would be huge.  I'll be watching that belt tension close.

The tensioner they are using has been around longer than you or I. Not worried at all. Just like all the anti TCL dipshits, it works as designed. 

4 minutes ago, favoritos said:

The belts on a combine are not the same as a cogged belt used as a timing belt or what is on the Catalyst. They rely on tension to keep from slipping. 

16 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Does the one have a Big Dick?

22 minutes ago, favoritos said:

Did you guys get them out yet?? Gotta be getting close to go time