Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

I'm hoping to see if there is chassis efficiency this coming winter. 

I'm running two 22 ZR 800 sleds with fresh clutching and one with a freshened up motor.  I also have a couple different secondaries to compare. (Nobody talks much about the 22 800 secondary.  They should)

Anyhow, I have two Catalyst sleds with coupled skids ordered and I'm hoping to see how the old 800 runs against the new chassis with a 600.

Riding style is typically fairly hard core long distance in crappy pulling snow.  It's hard on clutching and takes a lot of power.  If there is efficiency in the chassis, I hope to find out.

If these 600 sleds can hang with the old 800 setup, the new motor should be a rock star in the chassis. 

I'm honestly more concerned about any weak points in the new chassis/setup they may not have yet discovered.  All the efficiency in the world doesn't mean squat if it's sitting in a shop. 

That's about all I've got for the actual sled discussion.  Now we can get back to the blathering.

What happened to the 22 that it needed to be freshened up?

Frankly- From a credibility standpoint, I'd value @favoritos feedback on the Catalyst more than anyone else. He has always been a straight shooter and is very insightful. 

I look forward to some pics once @favoritos takes delivery. 

I am also curious on the various accessories- tunnel bags, etc.....

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Procross was shit as was first year ctec 800 and ctec 800 v2.  Fucking disasters.  

Btw - he doesn't say he is cats most loyal customer in the post you quoted.  Also said he got burned hard and got smart.  Why are you so fucking blind?

18/19 ctec are/were very reliable, only issue is the flames out the exhaust that happen when ridden the right way.  If you never stop, you don't have to worry about them.

20 was pretty good too

'21 was a disaster, mapping, injectors, clutching all off.  We had at least one long block on the shelf at all times , and had to take good parts from blown up low mileage motors, to get guys back on the snow (blast too)

'22/23 reliable again, but still no oem fix for the bad low speed mapping.

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I beg to differ. Betting I would get even better service.

You really are stupid, and ignorant of what is going on aren't you???!!!  textron does not stock parts like arctic cat did.  I've even posted screen shots from long term textron employees saying they wouldn't buy a machine because of how bad parts, and warranty are. Yet here you are lost and lying out your ass.

5 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Unless Chad has a long block sitting and waiting for someone, he'd have to rely on being able to get a new one from Cat or a refurb from Northern Crank.

Cat doesn't appear to have any available right meow.  My guess is all going to Catalyst orders.

exactly, textron doesn't stock enough parts to do anything, its not that uncommon for parts to be on backorder for 6+months, it happened with 800 engine parts in 21.  600 long blocks, 600 and 800 pistons are currently on back order

Hell if you need exhaust stud(s) for a 2024 998, a clutch for any year wildcat trail/sport, transaxle parts for an 18-2023 wildcat XX, you are sol as AC has discontinued them.

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Frankly- From a credibility standpoint, I'd value @favoritos feedback on the Catalyst more than anyone else. He has always been a straight shooter and is very insightful. 

I look forward to some pics once @favoritos takes delivery. 

I am also curious on the various accessories- tunnel bags, etc.....

From a credibility standpoint, I don't care about who you think is credible because you're just looking for confirmation to your own bias.

8 hours ago, Bontz said:

This thread is entertaining, holy shit :lol: So let me get this right - guys who bought Cats, year after year for damn near 30 years can't be called loyal because they no longer buy Cats?  FFS - that's ridiculous.  You're only loyal if you STILL ride Cat?? 

I look at guys like @Ziemann and see a perfect example of what Cat did to screw themselves & why Cat is where they are today - trying to claw their way back to relevance.  He stuck with Cat as long as possible, and finally got tired of it all & tried something else.  That something else ended up being a better product.  Some of you guys could learn from him.

BTW - first year Cats and nobody talked about the 17+ recalls my '03 F7 had .... that was fun :news:

Do you understand the definition of loyalty?

If you are loyal to your spouse for many years and then are not, would you consider that the "most loyal" husband?

This discussion isn't about whether or not a person should be brand loyal, that's a different discussion, keep up here low IQ haters.  It was to correct his incorrect assertion of claiming most loyal people who leave a brand.  It's an oxy moron, if you can't see that, well it wouldn't surprise me but it's pretty pathetic.  

Funny how much you all hate the hater tag even though it's completely obvious.  95% of the content in this lame ass forum is discussion about people who hate cat and others who defend cat.  Seriously.  The other 5% is Polaris recall information which is just good humor at this point.  Why are you guys so obsessed with such an inferior product and brand?  You think you'd be excited about your current rides and snochecks... pretty quiet on that end hmmm wonder why.  JK I don't wonder.

17 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Procross was shit as was first year ctec 800 and ctec 800 v2.  Fucking disasters.  

Btw - he doesn't say he is cats most loyal customer in the post you quoted.  Also said he got burned hard and got smart.  Why are you so fucking blind?

Ok he proclaimed he's owned the most cats ever and then the very next sentence mentioned most loyal customers, if you can't connect those dots..   regardless, let's pretend he's not talking about himself and take him out of it, he's inferring that cat's most loyal customers have left or been burned etc.  Which brings me right back to my original reply.  For you to argue this minuscule technicality is funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, krom said:

18/19 ctec are/were very reliable, only issue is the flames out the exhaust that happen when ridden the right way.  If you never stop, you don't have to worry about them.

20 was pretty good too

'21 was a disaster, mapping, injectors, clutching all off.  We had at least one long block on the shelf at all times , and had to take good parts from blown up low mileage motors, to get guys back on the snow (blast too)

'22/23 reliable again, but still no oem fix for the bad low speed mapping.

You really are stupid, and ignorant of what is going on aren't you???!!!  textron does not stock parts like arctic cat did.  I've even posted screen shots from long term textron employees saying they wouldn't buy a machine because of how bad parts, and warranty are. Yet here you are lost and lying out your ass.

exactly, textron doesn't stock enough parts to do anything, its not that uncommon for parts to be on backorder for 6+months, it happened with 800 engine parts in 21.  600 long blocks, 600 and 800 pistons are currently on back order

Hell if you need exhaust stud(s) for a 2024 998, a clutch for any year wildcat trail/sport, transaxle parts for an 18-2023 wildcat XX, you are sol as AC has discontinued them.

Wow, I would have never thought this day would come.

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If you are loyal to your spouse for many years and then are not, would you consider that the "most loyal" husband?

I do understand the definition of loyalty.  Maybe you could use the right analogy if you're going to use the spouse thing.  How about this?  If you are loyal to your spouse for many years, and then after getting fucked over by your spouse multiple times you finally give up ... I'd say you stayed loyal as long as you could and finally stood up for yourself.

You and your hate :lol:

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I do understand the definition of loyalty.  Maybe you could use the right analogy if you're going to use the spouse thing.  How about this?  If you are loyal to your spouse for many years, and then after getting fucked over by your spouse multiple times you finally give up ... I'd say you stayed loyal as long as you could and finally stood up for yourself.

You and your hate :lol:

:peace:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mnstang said:

From a credibility standpoint, I don't care about who you think is credible because you're just looking for confirmation to your own bias.

Ok he proclaimed he's owned the most cats ever and then the very next sentence mentioned most loyal customers, if you can't connect those dots..   regardless, let's pretend he's not talking about himself and take him out of it, he's inferring that cat's most loyal customers have left or been burned etc.  Which brings me right back to my original reply.  For you to argue this minuscule technicality is funny.

I understand the definition of loyalty perfectly. For some reason you assume that I'm not a loyal Cat customer.  I'm not sure where you got that idea. My garage and trailers are all Cat except for one sled: A VR-1 (which has been a great product).

As a few people here on FS can attest, my Cat experiences range from the race track to my local trails. You know damn well that Cat's market share plummeted when they lost their core customers like me. Only a moron would marginalize 30 years of purchasing history, and 30+ new Cats, and think that's not the epitome of loyalty. Reality Check: Cat didn't get to the cellar because they were doing a great job. 

What Cat has left are green Kool-aide drinkers like you that have "Sucker" tattooed on your forehead-- that will buy anything Cat in robotic fashion. They don't give a shit about you. You'll buy anything they sell and be happy about it. For the rest of us, they will have to re-earn that business. That's what's going to be required for them to gain market share.   

I'm surprised that Cat released anything new at all, because mindless robots like you will buy a Cat regardless. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I understand the definition of loyalty perfectly. For some reason you assume that I'm not a loyal Cat customer.  I'm not sure where you got that idea. My garage and trailers are all Cat except for one sled: A VR-1 (which has been a great product).

As a few people here on FS can attest, my Cat experiences range from the race track to my local trails. You know damn well that Cat's market share plummeted when they lost their core customers like me. Only a moron would marginalize 30 years of purchasing history, and 30+ new Cats, and think that's not the epitome of loyalty. Reality Check: Cat didn't get to the cellar because they were doing a great job. 

What Cat has left are green Kool-aide drinkers like you that have "Sucker" tattooed on your forehead-- that will buy anything Cat in robotic fashion. They don't give a shit about you. You'll buy anything they sell and be happy about it. For the rest of us, they will have to re-earn that business. That's what's going to be required for them to gain market share.   

I'm surprised that Cat released anything new at all, because mindless robots like you will buy a Cat regardless. 

Same goes for Polaris and Doo. They don't give a shit about anyone! Just your money. A stop sale, stop ride should push you to the better brand, Cat!

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Same goes for Polaris and Doo. They don't give a shit about anyone! Just your money. A stop sale, stop ride should push you to the better brand, Cat!

Oddly enough- you're not wrong about that. I think you can make a strong argument that they all have done a pretty poor job. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Oddly enough- you're not wrong about that. I think you can make a strong argument that they all have done a pretty poor job. 

If you would just listen to me, you would be so far ahead in life.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, favoritos said:

I'm hoping to see if there is chassis efficiency this coming winter. 

I'm running two 22 ZR 800 sleds with fresh clutching and one with a freshened up motor.  I also have a couple different secondaries to compare. (Nobody talks much about the 22 800 secondary.  They should)

Anyhow, I have two Catalyst sleds with coupled skids ordered and I'm hoping to see how the old 800 runs against the new chassis with a 600.

Riding style is typically fairly hard core long distance in crappy pulling snow.  It's hard on clutching and takes a lot of power.  If there is efficiency in the chassis, I hope to find out.

If these 600 sleds can hang with the old 800 setup, the new motor should be a rock star in the chassis. 

I'm honestly more concerned about any weak points in the new chassis/setup they may not have yet discovered.  All the efficiency in the world doesn't mean squat if it's sitting in a shop. 

That's about all I've got for the actual sled discussion.  Now we can get back to the blathering.

I am waiting to see how the belt drive holds up to the constant shock loads from the wash boards we run in the UP. I have a 135 studs ready to go in mine and I am going to try Mohawks this year instead of the razors. I am gonna order the skis next week when I get back to Minnesota. Also what shock package did you get on the other one? The IFP or the Atac? I went with the IFP as I don’t see any value in the iact. 

Edited by Not greg b

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I am waiting to see how the belt drive holds up to the constant shock loads from the wash boards we run in the UP. I have a 135 studs ready to go in mine and I am going to try Mohawks this year instead of the razors. I am gonna order the skis next week when I get back to Minnesota. 

Seems to hold up fine racing. Harder than even you can be.

9 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Seems to hold up fine racing. Harder than even you can be.

Again you are retarded. They don’t run straight line wash boards on rail grades for miles in any kind of racing. The wash boards are hell on sleds. It rattles them apart. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Again you are retarded. They don’t run straight line wash boards on rail grades for miles in any kind of racing. The wash boards are hell on sleds. It rattles them apart. 

Yes they do. Park Rapids is a true cross country event. So is the 500. Mostly ditch pounding action. You are mental!

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Yes they do. Park Rapids is a true cross country event. So is the 500. Mostly ditch pounding action. You are mental!

Ditches and big jumps are completely different from the 1 foot vibration magnets on a rail grade. Cat either leaves bolts loose on skids from the factory or those wash boards rattle them loose. I am going with its from the vibration of those bumps. 

• Like 1

Just now, Not greg b said:

Ditches and big jumps are completely different from the 1 foot vibration magnets on a rail grade. Cat either leaves bolts loose on skids from the factory or those wash boards rattle them loose. I am going with its from the vibration of those bumps. 

Sure they do. Fuck! You are not that good a rider.  I will take a racers word over an internet jockey any day of the week. 

On 9/23/2023 at 6:38 PM, Ziemann said:

Cat squandered their most loyal customers, for a multitude of reasons. Then @mnstang thinks we should all be blind to a legacy of Cat failure (that almost drove them in to the ground), and just blindly drink the green Kool-aid of the latest Me Too sled. 

Squandered as they aren't anymore because they got burned too many times.

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Again your green goggles can't fucking read/think.  He said he's bought more than anyone on here.  After said Cat fucked over too many people so they aren't loyal anymore.

It's odd you are implying you should get fucked all the time and stay a customer.  That is dumb as shit.

24 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sure they do. Fuck! You are not that good a rider.  I will take a racers word over an internet jockey any day of the week. 

I have yet to meet a racer that doesn’t brake anything. The end users brake the same crap if not more than the racers. I guess arctic cat makes an inferior product that only racers can keep from falling apart.