Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

4 hours ago, fortune46x said:

except for the miles logged in mn and wisconsin lol ... and actually our trails are alot of tighter woods surprisingly with the occasional rail grade blast

hogwash

anchorman-i-dont-believe-you.gif.2fb59572ff4d22d51fffb4208ebf307d.gif

24 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

No no no. He's good where he is. 👍

21dtie.gif

3 hours ago, Doug said:

I know shock load to the belt was the reason Polaris was not using a belt drive on the flatlander sleds but that was a couple years ago.  There's some aftermarket belt drives that been out there and know a guy that's been running one for 2 years here in Wisconsin with any issues.

I suspect if it’s ridden gently it’ll survive just fine. But I’ve seen issues with ice buildup on Polaris sleds that have caused belt drive failures. Their system has been out for 10 years now over three different models and it still isn’t 100% reliable. Not saying that Cat couldn’t do better or learn from Polaris and the aftermarket, I’m just skeptical. Chaincases have been around since the 60’s and are generally very, very reliable as long as a guy changes the oil and keeps proper chain tension. It’d be great if a belt drive offers chaincase level reliability. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I suspect if it’s ridden gently it’ll survive just fine. But I’ve seen issues with ice buildup on Polaris sleds that have caused belt drive failures. Their system has been out for 10 years now over three different models and it still isn’t 100% reliable. Not saying that Cat couldn’t do better or learn from Polaris and the aftermarket, I’m just skeptical. Chaincases have been around since the 60’s and are generally very, very reliable as long as a guy changes the oil and keeps proper chain tension. It’d be great if a belt drive offers chaincase level reliability. 

The procross eats chain tensioners. It’s an auto design. The newer ones are better 

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The procross eats chain tensioners. It’s an auto design. The newer ones are better 

Never lost a chain on any sled. Do your service and inspection for christ Sake. The belt drive will be just fine. Funny as the sled gets closer to production, the haters list of why it will fail grow. It is not 2012 and even that was not as big an issue as some make. I'm enjoying the show!

47 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Never lost a chain on any sled. Do your service and inspection for christ Sake. The belt drive will be just fine. Funny as the sled gets closer to production, the haters list of why it will fail grow. It is not 2012 and even that was not as big an issue as some make. I'm enjoying the show!

Yes how do you think I found the broke part?? I guess I need to disassemble the chain case before every ride. cat updated it a bunch of times. 

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yes how do you think I found the broke part?? I guess I need to disassemble the chain case before every ride. cat updated it a bunch of times. 

Well you break shit and think it's fun. You are one fucked up individual. 

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It is extra fun doing any service on those chaincases too.  

Still haven't found a great way of dealing with them.

Strange. Has not been an issue for me.  Maybe I am lucky or more likely not destructive?

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Strange. Has not been an issue for me.  Maybe I am lucky or more likely not destructive?

Bringing them to a dealer really isn't an option when you are in and out of them several times a winter or even a weekend.  Rip all that shit off the sled just to get to the chaincase, then dump oil everywhere since there isn't a drain plug anywhere to access.

Good times.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It is extra fun doing any service on those chaincases too.  

Still haven't found a great way of dealing with them.

A 800 pound 1/2 impact with a long extension works well to open them up. I was told that’s what the dealers do. 3 duggas to put it back on. 

the long torx bit help but it still sucks. 

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Bringing them to a dealer really isn't an option when you are in and out of them several times a winter or even a weekend.  Rip all that shit off the sled just to get to the chaincase, then dump oil everywhere since there isn't a drain plug anywhere to access.

Good times.

Never brought mine in. Once a year for me. Still looking forward to not dealing with it though. Will have 2 Catalyst soon enough. On the mess? A pan under the skid and brake cleaner for after. I thought you were a professional?

There should be a drain plug in them.  I tip them on the side then pull the cover then suck out everything I can then tip on skis with absorbent mat to catch the remaining.  It should have a drain plug just like the best sleds ever from the 90's.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Never brought mine in. Once a year for me. Still looking forward to not dealing with it though. Will have 2 Catalyst soon enough. On the mess? A pan under the skid and brake cleaner for after. I thought you were a professional?

In between every race I'd be opening one up and before the season started.

Just now, mnstang said:

There should be a drain plug in them.  I tip them on the side then pull the cover then suck out everything I can then tip on skis with absorbent mat to catch the remaining.  It should have a drain plug just like the best sleds ever from the 90's.

I have a big syringe that I suck out as much as I can, then pull the cover off.  Sometimes flip it on its side.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

In between every race I'd be opening one up and before the season started.

I have a big syringe that I suck out as much as I can, then pull the cover off.  Sometimes flip it on its side.

You have not raced in years. 

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I'm guessing you dont. Mr. I ride harder than Tucker fucking Hibbert, wannabe. 

If I didn’t service anything I wouldn’t have found the broke part. You don’t have to ride like a racer to brake shit. You need to go faster than 2 mph and things wear out and brake. 

• Like 1

Just now, Not greg b said:

If I didn’t service anything I wouldn’t have found the broke part. You don’t have to ride like a racer to brake shit. You need to go faster than 2 mph and things wear out and brake. 

Yeah. Ok. What you said.

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

No doubt Mr. 600 miles a season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

Pig pads are awesome 👍