Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, AK440 said:

So you prefer removing the caliper, rotor, various spacers and unfastening the side of the belly panel to drain your chaincase oil… :roflcrying:

:idiot:

If all you are after is to drain the oil its literally 5 min to use my little pump and suck it out and refill. 

The drain plugs caused plenty of problems on Pro Ride and IQ chassis when the case threads strip or idiots cross thread them. Seen a fair share of those. 

I always pull the chain case cover at the beginning of the year. The belly panel isnt even worth talking about its 4 quick fasteners and a screw. The caliper is 2 bolts, rotor is one. Battery few bolts. The biggest pain in the dick of the whole job is reinstalling the muffler springs. Which if you ever pull the chain cover on a IQ or Pro Ride you're doing the same thing. 
Basic job like I said. :read:

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

The 900T is a tank, as are many of the two/four stroke turbo's or optioned up versions.
(I posted a thread with real world weights, from a video SnowTrax did)
They [Polaris] also are riddled with recalls.

And that explains why Cat is late to the table with their big bore. Heck it's not even coming out for another year. Barring any complications

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have been to 2 poop dealers and between them, there was 7 23 available. Building more supposedly than Cat, but if you are not selling them, then you have an over priced, recall ready carry over. Typical Polaris response though.

Are you stupid enough to believe what you type??

Factory guys at haydays admit that AC builds 80 sleds a day... 

Last year they built more sleds for yamahaha and ski doo, than arctic cat dealers.

I know that holding a sign all day means your math isn't very good, but jfc....

52 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

And that explains why Cat is late to the table with their big bore. Heck it's not even coming out for another year. Barring any complications

Well atleast they shouldn't have to recall every fucking sled they've made for the past 7 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

What’s El Niño going to do to snowfall this year?  I hope we can have a repeat season in Minnesota after last year.

Just making sure we cover all topics in this thread….  :lol2:

what's the best oil to use in the 858 ?

:)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have been to 2 poop dealers and between them, there was 7 23 available. Building more supposedly than Cat, but if you are not selling them, then you have an over priced, recall ready carry over. Typical Polaris response though.

Sorry Jim, but I call bullshit on this story.  Unless the two dealers you were at are multi-brand dealers and sell Arctic Cat as well as Polaris?  What dealerships were they?

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cool story bro

image.png.e22e88700384dfa5e2f6199378caa378.png

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

at least they won't just tip over in a light breeze 

you get that from NSP?  :lol2:

there's also a chain tensioner that's good to get eyeballs on occasionally.  

hear them Pewlawress starters are awfully noisy, maybe something as simple as a shim could fix if a guy knew wtf he was doing?  :dunno:

was that 20 minutes before or after broadcasting his ignorance on HCS?

tighten to snug + 1/4 turn... then call in the rest of your coworkers and tap to the proper torque.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952oujx14mydpm8qdwdc

If only he were an actual dealer...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jdsky said:

I know this thread is about cat but fuck man, poo really needs to get their shit together and all this stop ride bullshit.  I really like the part where it says - "Polaris is working on a solution at no cost to consumers."  Who's the genius at poo that thinks not being able to actually ride the fucking sled you bought is a no cost to the consumer situation?

The new chassis is nice and I think the handling is really good overall but I'm not dropping the kind of cash poo is asking these days for shit they are still sticking their customers with.

Welcome to the world of litigation, throw in consumers that never give their sled a good look over and this is what you end up with. I never pay attention to the stop rides, most are basic pay attention to your machine, but the one about the handle bar ends I found ridiculous.

1 minute ago, airflite1 said:

Welcome to the world of litigation, throw in consumers that never give their sled a good look over and this is what you end up with. I never pay attention to the stop rides, most are basic pay attention to your machine, but the one about the handle bar ends I found ridiculous.

That's exactly what it is ... it's manufacturers being forced to cover their ass because of stupid, greedy cunts (mostly lawyers).  I will say though, the fire hazard issues with the Polaris SxS stuff was pretty legit a few years ago.  But all of the legal shit that came from that snowballed into what is happening on the snow side and has hit the other brands as well.  When a supposed issue happens, and it effects less than 20 sleds out of 200K or more?  That's called bullshit.

49 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Sorry Jim, but I call bullshit on this story.  Unless the two dealers you were at are multi-brand dealers and sell Arctic Cat as well as Polaris?  What dealerships were they?

Look it up! Almost every poop dealer has 2023 stock. Bad idea. 

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

LOL ... So you WERE lying then - you weren't at two Polaris dealers.  Why make up such a blatantly obvious, bullshit story?  That's just dumb af.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Polaris, arctic cat, Yamaha, skidoo, get paid when a sled is unloaded on to a dealers property. They really don’t give a shit what happens to it unless the dealer gets pissed, drops the franchise and by back laws makes them return it. It’s been this way longer than I have been alive. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bontz said:

LOL ... So you WERE lying then - you weren't at two Polaris dealers.  Why make up such a blatantly obvious, bullshit story?  That's just dumb af.

Is this s site where everything is factual? They are out there though. It's just fun winding you stupid fuckers up. 

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Polaris, arctic cat, Yamaha, skidoo, get paid when a sled is unloaded on to a dealers property. They really don’t give a shit what happens to it unless the dealer gets pissed, drops the franchise and by back laws makes them return it. It’s been this way longer than I have been alive. 

You watch the rebates start again do to over stocking of shit Polaris sleds. Who buys that junk? Oh. You have. 

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

Ford had a 2 safety recalls on Broncos, one for female end of seat belts that were difficult to latch because the arm was a little short and one for a backup camera that wouldn't work properly. 

39 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You watch the rebates start again do to over stocking of shit Polaris sleds. Who buys that junk? Oh. You have. 

A lot of people do. Those pre order only, sold out in minutes catalyst were super easy to acquire at haydays time. Arctic cat won’t have rebates until they actually ship something to dealers and need to keep their pricing in line with everyone else. It’s game the manufacturers of anything have played forever. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

A lot of people do. Those pre order only, sold out in minutes catalyst were super easy to acquire at haydays time. Arctic cat won’t have rebates until they actually ship something to dealers and need to keep their pricing in line with everyone else. It’s game the manufacturers of anything have played forever. 

Not quite apples to apples. Cat has very limited floor models. Shit! My dealer is sold out of everything but a couple of used sleds. Key in the KROMMER to call me a fiber. He is such a tool in my rants. Cant wait to get off of hardcore and in to brand where bashing is not allowed. Get to the important shit. Not arguing about who has the most HP. That shot means zero to me.

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well apparently the dealers don't think is a bad idea to have inventory on hand to sell. I really like seeing  inventory at the dealers when I'm shopping for a new sled. I stop by, look at what they have, if I like it, I buy it. Its really a simple process, but I know you wouldn't understand.