Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

26 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Says the moron who has never rode one or even probably seen one in person.  Tool

Actually- if you do a search, you will see that a lot of the initial pics from the launch were from me. Just say'in.... 

And PLEASE- tell me how I'm wrong about it being a Me Too sled.

Again, it accomplishes a couple of critical goals:

1. It allows Cat to be competitive with the offerings of Polaris and Ski-Doo. 

2. It provides a competitive product for former diehard Cat customers to purchase. 

Sales will improve for Textron/Cat. Hell, I'll give the Catalyst a fair shot- but I won't be a first year Guinea Pig. Been there and done that several times. I feel like a battered spouse.....

20220910_142628.jpg

images (1).jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

9A042CB6-9DCC-4129-9642-D71D3D545281.jpeg
Damn, got the wrong side…

The engine is actually lower than I was expecting, but this is what I wanted to see.  Now, I need to ride one to see if it makes a difference.

I think people see what they want to see, me included.  It’s easy to argue from a position of ignorance, and that’s really the only place it’s possible to argue.  If we all knew the answers, none of us would be here.

11 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

He has no clue. Less maintenance is a huge seller. The new boards are for real. It is by far the best handling sled I have ever ridden, and I have ridden the other brands supposed best. This sled IS THE REAL DEAL!

Oh yes. Chain Cases are so hard.....Jesus. People are going to flock to Cat dealers by the bus load so they don't have to crack open a chain case. 

Best handling? Possibly. But I think most people understand that evaluations from a bunch of Cat people and media that have Textron as a paid advertiser are hardly unbiased...... They are slightly more credible than you Jim.... 

Edited by Ziemann
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Sno-x isn’t relevant. It serves zero purpose for product development on consumer sleds anymore. The biggest selling market is crossover/mountain sleds. Textron understands this and isn’t willing to throw money away into a venue that can’t even attract enough advertisers to offer the live races for free on any of the 100’s to 1000’s of streaming services. Sno-x is a joke and continues to decline month after month.  

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-l

snowbikes are the future... :bong:

• Haha 1

Just now, Ziemann said:

Oh yes. Chain Cases are so hard.....Jesus. People are going to flock to Cat dealers by the bus load so they don't have to crack open a chain case. 

Best handling? Possibly. But I think most people understand that evolutions from a bunch of Cat people and media that have Textron as a paid advertiser are hardly unbiased...... They are slightly more credible than you Jim.... 

Have you ridden one? Have you even seen one? Chain case on the Pro Cross is a PITA, to say the least. Way quieter drive train. To those who spend big bucks every year having dealers service there sleds is over with this sled. Grease to the skid and you are done for the most part. Get over Textron. They are not the enemy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Best handling? Possibly. But I think most people understand that evaluations from a bunch of Cat people and media that have Textron as a paid advertiser are hardly unbiased...... They are slightly more credible than you Jim.... 

I got out of snowmobiling for a few years and when I got back in, I realized I was way behind and needed to catch up.  The only way to do that was to read snow media and online opinions - demos and test rides are few and far between.  This is the absolute worst source of information.  Online opinions are meaningless.  So, I’d go further than you, I’d say none of them are worth anything.  Ever.  The only thing that matters is seat time, and the ability to compare.  I can demo just about anything, I know a boat dealer that has demos.  But, snowmobiles?  You have to be in the right place at the right time on the right day…. You have better odds playing the PowerBall.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

lot of speculation about this new chassis... 

I'll take the opinions of a guy like @favoritos who puts a lot of hard miles on his Cat's and can actually work on his own shit without going to the dealer every ten minutes.

no one here or on FB has pounded on these sleds for an entire day, let alone an entire season... especially the guy who doesn't break the 50mph MN speed limit. 

:stop:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I got out of snowmobiling for a few years and when I got back in, I realized I was way behind and needed to catch up.  The only way to do that was to read snow media and online opinions - demos and test rides are few and far between.  This is the absolute worst source of information.  Online opinions are meaningless.  So, I’d go further than you, I’d say none of them are worth anything.  Ever.  The only thing that matters is seat time, and the ability to compare.  I can demo just about anything, I know a boat dealer that has demos.  But, snowmobiles?  You have to be in the right place at the right time on the right day…. You have better odds playing the PowerBall.

BINGO! Well stated. 

If you want to impress me, put the Catalyst in the hands of a bunch of Polaris and Ski-Doo owners, and have them come away impressed. Anything else is pretty much marketing hype. 

261307459_1237811870059395_1757691310673739564_n.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no one here or on FB has pounded on these sleds for an entire day, let alone an entire season... especially the guy who doesn't break the 50mph MN speed limit. 

Are you saying that he's not credible? 

4M5D.gif

• Haha 1

The funny thing I see with all of this is, you have guys who have been brand loyal Cat guys for YEARS .. and have tried other brands and have seen firsthand that Cat isn't all that.  Then you have the Ramstads (and a few others) who have done nothing but lick the taint of Cat/Textron and no matter what, Cat still stands tall.

Cat is where they're at because of what they've rested on, and stood idly by as SkiDoo and Polaris have out-gunned them.  Full credit, maybe the Catalyst is the next big thing.  But for now, @Ziemann is spot on with the reference to it being a "me too" sled.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The funny thing I see with all of this is, you have guys who have been brand loyal Cat guys for YEARS .. and have tried other brands and have seen firsthand that Cat isn't all that.  Then you have the Ramstads (and a few others) who have done nothing but lick the taint of Cat/Textron and no matter what, Cat still stands tall.

Cat is where they're at because of what they've rested on, and stood idly by as SkiDoo and Polaris have out-gunned them.  Full credit, maybe the Catalyst is the next big thing.  But for now, @Ziemann is spot on with the reference to it being a "me too" sled.

Well he, and it seems like you, are dumb fucks. Just pointing it out. Ride before judging dipshit, is what I am saying. Might be the asphalt fumes I've been in the last week, but that is not a make me stupid drug.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well he, and it seems like you, are dumb fucks. Just pointing it out. Ride before judging dipshit, is what I am saying. Might be the asphalt fumes I've been in the last week, but that is not a make me stupid drug.

Don't sell yourself short .. you are the epitome of a dumb fuck :thumbsup:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

He is the site clown (cr, way to long.) I'm guessing and going with never ridden as well. Who has clout again?

Jim- Frankly- I'm about as unbiased as anyone. Hell, I own a Polaris Matryx with 3 "DO NOT RIDE" recalls on it. :-P 

I have NOT ridden a Catalyst, but would love to. I have not bashed the sled at all. But have taken the position that until proven otherwise- it's nothing special. I'm not ready to crown it "King of Snow" yet. That has to be earned. 

The funny thing is, Jim- you probably know more about me than most people here do....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Jim- Frankly- I'm about as unbiased as anyone. Hell, I own a Polaris Matryx with 3 "DO NOT RIDE" recalls on it. :-P 

I have NOT ridden a Catalyst, but would love to. I have not bashed the sled at all. But have taken the position that until proven otherwise- it's nothing special. I'm not ready to crown it "King of Snow" yet. That has to be earned. 

The funny thing is, Jim- you probably know more about me than most people here do....

State that then. IT'S THE REAL DEAL!

2 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

If you're in the neighborhood this weekend, Jim- I'll be at the Brainerd Grass Drags. Hell, I'll buy ya a beer. 

Retard2.jpg

Would love to but will be in Consruction. Contractor goes into liquidated damages on Saturday. Still have 9 days of paving, then shouldering. Right to my Beet hauling. Got to love 15-16 hour days, not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

He has no clue. Less maintenance is a huge seller. The new boards are for real. It is by far the best handling sled I have ever ridden, and I have ridden the other brands supposed best. This sled IS THE REAL DEAL!

But that was the Procross last year and there was no way anything could be better.  Absolutely no need for Cat to do anything...but then they copied the other sleds and now it's better than the Procross?  

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Says the moron who has never rode one or even probably seen one in person.  Tool

Highlight all the things that are not me too if it isn't a me too offering.  Hell even in the me too domain they are behind.  Where is the turbo?  How about the 900?  All catch-up so far.

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Have you ridden one? Have you even seen one? Chain case on the Pro Cross is a PITA, to say the least. Way quieter drive train. To those who spend big bucks every year having dealers service there sleds is over with this sled. Grease to the skid and you are done for the most part. Get over Textron. They are not the enemy.

Oh, poor Jimwit has a hard time working on a simple chain case.  Guess when you hold a sign for a living that could be hard.  Even an engineering tech would find that easy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

But that was the Procross last year and there was no way anything could be better.  Absolutely no need for Cat to do anything...but then they copied the other sleds and now it's better than the Procross?  

Highlight all the things that are not me too if it isn't a me too offering.  Hell even in the me too domain they are behind.  Where is the turbo?  How about the 900?  All catch-up so far.

Oh, poor Jimwit has a hard time working on a simple chain case.  Guess when you hold a sign for a living that could be hard.  Even an engineering tech would find that easy.

The Axys & Maytrx chaincase s are a royal pain in the ass to change the oil in too. Polaris must be making bank from eliminating the .50 cent drain plug.

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

He is the site clown (cr, way to long.) I'm guessing and going with never ridden as well. Who has clout again?

nope, and have said I look forward to getting actual saddle time on one and not on some sort of ten minute 'marketing' ride which is why I stated what I stated.  when people whom I trust assess and have compared it I believe and value their opinions.  your opinion on sleds or pretty much anything in life is completely worthless drivel to me... and likely others here as well. 

But you keep doing you  Jimbo as it seems to be working out quite well here and the other sites you've already been banned from.  

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952yvhd3p1idd7cviz2m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Are you saying that he's not credible? 

No

Want to see credible?  

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/52092-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-chassis-details/&do=findComment&comment=1536967

That's a credible review from a credible rider who's opinion I value.   ;)

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

If you can't change the chain case oil, you sure the fuck aren't cleaning the exhaust valves, which needs to be done every season.  No real savings on maintenance other than the cost of the fluid. 

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lot of speculation about this new chassis... 

I'll take the opinions of a guy like @favoritos who puts a lot of hard miles on his Cat's and can actually work on his own shit without going to the dealer every ten minutes.

I have a couple hours at almost crashing speed, but the trails had just been groomed, so I wouldn't consider it pounding.  Its better than a procross, the front end is better than anything doo has ever built, and one of the guys I trust say its better than his maytrix front end, but I don't have enough time on one of them to judge.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, krom said:

I have a couple hours at almost crashing speed, but the trails had just been groomed, so I wouldn't consider it pounding.  Its better than a procross, the front end is better than anything doo has ever built, and one of the guys I trust say its better than his maytrix front end, but I don't have enough time on one of them to judge.

someone let a lowly 'janitor' take one out for a couple hours?  :roflcrying:

anchorman-i-dont-believe-you.gif

• Haha 1