Check your account email address ×

Why would I participate in a debate?!

Pete

5 hours ago, Deephaven said:

OMG.  Fox news coverage is incredibly shitty.  Seriously who the fuck planned this shit.  Need to wait for a replay.  

I only watched about 15 minutes of the debate tonight, and my takeaway was ... I hate this shit!!  And even worse, we're stuck with it for the next 15 months (plus the political ads that will inundate us).  It's f'ing gross.  My wife did DVR it, so I might try to pick my way through it some time this week if I can stomach it.  From the 15 minutes I watched, it sure as hell didn't solidify who I would vote for in the primary, that's for sure. 

As far as Fox hosting it ... I don't think any major network is capable of hosting a debate, quite honestly.  They've all become huge shit shows, with the candidates talking over each other, the crowd booing, and moderators being ignored. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

I only watched about 15 minutes of the debate tonight, and my takeaway was ... I hate this shit!!  And even worse, we're stuck with it for the next 15 months (plus the political ads that will inundate us).  It's f'ing gross.  My wife did DVR it, so I might try to pick my way through it some time this week if I can stomach it.  From the 15 minutes I watched, it sure as hell didn't solidify who I would vote for in the primary, that's for sure. 

As far as Fox hosting it ... I don't think any major network is capable of hosting a debate, quite honestly.  They've all become huge shit shows, with the candidates talking over each other, the crowd booing, and moderators being ignored. 

'R' buddy and I watched it together over beers and steak.  The questions and format were typical Fox shit and dog whistle Q&A.  Not nearly enough time was spent on economic matters... not even close.  Nikki Haley came out swinging though on matters of spending.

'R' buddy voted for Trump in '16 and didn't vote for anyone for POTUS in 2020.  His comments about Vivek were priceless... and not positive.

On 8/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, ckf said:

Was it against the rules?

Being an admin has nothing to do with it. He's a member just like you.

I think the problem is you perceive him as a member, the membership perceive him as a mod.

You can't be a mod and be a member, I have been trying in a round about way to tell you that, but I just get fed up and give up.

If a cop shows up to a party in civilian clothes, the pot disappears, the music goes down and people act different. To think Mr Ban Hammer is a member is pissing into the wind, if you get my analogy.

I mentioned quite some time ago the class (or the lack there of) of people who WORK FOR YOU are a direct reflection on you and the site.

As always, you do what you want. But try to understand you have employees stealing the silverware off the tables, and no amount of calling them customers is going to change that.

I don't give a shit what you do or how you handle it. Loyalty goes up as well as down, and he shows you none with the way he treats the MEMBERS.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think the problem is you perceive him as a member, the membership perceive him as a mod.

You can't be a mod and be a member, I have been trying in a round about way to tell you that, but I just get fed up and give up.

If a cop shows up to a party in civilian clothes, the pot disappears, the music goes down and people act different. To think Mr Ban Hammer is a member is pissing into the wind, if you get my analogy.

I mentioned quite some time ago the class (or the lack there of) of people who WORK FOR YOU are a direct reflection on you and the site.

As always, you do what you want. But try to understand you have employees stealing the silverware off the tables, and no amount of calling them customers is going to change that.

I don't give a shit what you do or how you handle it. Loyalty goes up as well as down, and he shows you none with the way he treats the MEMBERS.

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate you discussing this in an adult manner.

Do you think I would get anyone to volunteer to help me run this place if I told them that they could post, but had to do it with their hands tied?  Keep in mind were you are. 

I could understand the complaints if he abused the powers, but he doesn't. All that he uses it for is to help keep things running for you and the other members.

Just now, ckf said:

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate you discussing this in an adult manner.

Do you think I would get anyone to volunteer to help me run this place if I told them that they could post, but had to do it with their hands tied?  Keep in mind were you are. 

I could understand the complaints if he abused the powers, but he doesn't. All that he uses it for is to help keep things running for you and the other members.

I'll let you know if I can figure it out. For the time being, I will continue to eat my soup with my hands.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Fucking bullshit all across the board.  I've been at plenty of parties where cops watch or partake in weed.  It's a small fucking forum.  Your requirement of double standards goes against any sort of freedom.  Wake up and think.

It is seriously disgusting to see all these proud pretend republicans pull the victim card.  Grow some fucking balls.

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Fucking bullshit all across the board.  I've been at plenty of parties where cops watch or partake in weed.  It's a small fucking forum.  Your requirement of double standards goes against any sort of freedom.  Wake up and think.

It is seriously disgusting to see all these proud pretend republicans pull the victim card.  Grow some fucking balls.

Nah he’s right , you haven’t been here long enough to get it. There was only ever one cop on these forums and that was Rob. When it passed to John we all gladly accepted him as having the same role. Then came the stinker debacle and that left a bad taste in our mouths about mod privileges. I get John needs help , it’s great that HSR does that. It doesn’t dismiss the fact that it’s tough to get in the gutter with a guy who has behind the curtains access 

Edited by f7ben

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Oh look, Cunt Boyardee and his bleeding gash strikes again.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

Nah he’s right , you haven’t been here long enough to get it. There was only ever one cop on these forums and that was Rob. When it passed to John we all gladly accepted him as having the same role. Then came the stinker debacle and that left a bad taste in our mouths about mod privileges. I get John needs help , it’s great that HSR does that. It doesn’t dismiss the fact that it’s tough to get in the gutter with a guy who has behind the curtains access 

Dude, I have been an admin since FS v1.0 was just a thought that Rob, OT and I started talking about it. At the time Rob wouldn't even consider it unless we were both on board.  After OT left Rob promoted Joel.

Rob was the one that you didn't want to talk back to when he told you to drop it. Now that is me.

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

Access to what exactly? I have had access to members personal info here and on HCS for 10 years previously. Can you point to an instance where I EVER abused my power? Have I ever posted a members real full name on any forum? Or anything for that matter. That kinda shit would have been made well known if it ever happened.  You're creating a scenario to fit your narrative.

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, HSR said:

Access to what exactly? I have had access to members personal info here and on HCS for 10 years previously. Can you point to an instance where I EVER abused my power? Have I ever posted a members real full name on any forum? Or anything for that matter. That kinda shit would have been made well known if it ever happened.  You're creating a scenario to fit your narrative.

He didn’t accuse you of anything and it’s a scenario that happened previously with someone else.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He didn’t accuse you of anything and it’s a scenario that happened previously with someone else.

Stinky Dave fucking with peoples posts behind the scene and god knows whatever else?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What does have to do with me and who asked you any ways? Please go back to ignoring my posts thanks.:bc:

12 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Stinky Dave fucking with peoples posts behind the scene and god knows whatever else?

In all honesty I probably exaggerated that a bit at the time. I can't even remember all of the details. I *think* Dave blew Snakes cover for a dupe account and it pissed me off. When I went back to the logs I could see where Dave edited members posts. I knew that he and Z both used to edit spelling mistakes in thread titles. Since I couldn't see exactly what was done, just that it had been edited, I blamed Dave for editing members posts.. He was probably telling the truth when he claimed that he was just editing for spelling.

I guess I am getting soft in my old age :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

What does have to do with me and who asked you any ways? Please go back to ignoring my posts thanks.:bc:

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I understand this. I was asking Jimmy if that's what was brought up by Ben. 

ie "scenario that happened previously"

Exactly…a nice Friday morning and he’s already crying and playing the victim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

In all honesty I probably exaggerated that a bit at the time. I can't even remember all of the details. I *think* Dave blew Snakes cover for a dupe account and it pissed me off. When I went back to the logs I could see where Dave edited members posts. I knew that he and Z both used to edit spelling mistakes in thread titles. Since I couldn't see exactly what was done, just that it had been edited. He was probably telling the truth when he claimed that he was just editing for spelling.

I guess I am getting soft in my old age :lol:

Thanks for clearing this up a bit :bc:  I remember what was being said out in the open but I have no clue what was actually going on being the scenes with the forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Thanks for clearing this up a bit :bc:  I remember what was being said out in the open but I have no clue what was actually going on being the scenes with the forum. 

I probably embellished a bit to get my point across. Heat of the moment type shit:lol:

I know that he might not have been everyone's favorite, but I always got along good with Dave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly…a nice Friday morning and he’s already crying and playing the victim.

Obviously Woolie is the victim here right?