Check your account email address ×

Who actually owns sleds and rides on a regular basis?

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

I would think it’s good picking. Interest rate high if you have to finance. I had a  female customer ask me about a used sled and what to buy. I did a quick used search, dealer I bought from has a 20 Indy xcr 800. 2000 miles and absolutely mint. Studded, and the gray color. Sweet machine and not an 850. That 800 is bad ass and she will get used to it. She’s tall and can handle it. I told her I’ll  do all 4 shocks. I gave her my tall windshield. I’m never gonna use it. She paid 9k. Not a bargain but a little bit of warranty and just so clean. She is excited to say the least 

Decent deal for sure and I would absolutely ride an 800 after coming off my 850 Assault.

11 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

Oh yeah , bunch of Wednesday in there.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Best day to ride 

Only rode on Saturday last year.  Normally ride Wednesday through Friday.  Wednesday and Thursday being the best days.  Friday it's starting to get more traffic.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It snowed in Italy yesterday.

Damn climate boiling.:lol:

Motoneige c’est bon!

actualy our seasons have been very cyclical . We’ve had low snow and crazy amounts of snow through my entire career 

I farm so paying attention to the weather is just part of who we are 

precipitation cycles. And it doesn’t give a shit about the calendar year. In my career precipitation actually goes through about 7 year cycles 

2009, and building up to it was a slow building drought. Then end of may in 2010 it started raining and it didn’t stop raining for 5-6 years. 2010 we started measuring rainfall in feet not inches 

now, we’re basically back in a drought again . As far as useable rainfall for the crop is concerned 

but then when November hits it starts snowing hard and doesn’t stop 

but that will change again. It always has as long as I’ve been alive 

2021 XCR 850

2018 XCR 800

2016 Pro-S 800

And two 1993 XCR 440’s

Beat season ever last year with 7520 miles on the two newer XCR’s, son did 1100 with me on the Pro-S.  

• Like 5

'22 XCR 850 (136") ... which is for sale, once I go get it from my buddy's place.

image.png.15a32b104731fd41196269f0b3e66187.png

'23 VR1 850 (137") ... I picked this one up late last season after it came in (late) & my brother-in-law opted out of it

image.thumb.png.fe92349d3fa54da9250a9ba302f32fad.png

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

'22 XCR 850 (136") ... which is for sale, once I go get it from my buddy's place.

image.png.15a32b104731fd41196269f0b3e66187.png

'23 VR1 850 (137") ... I picked this one up late last season after it came in (late) & my brother-in-law opted out of it

image.thumb.png.fe92349d3fa54da9250a9ba302f32fad.png

that's a sweet color combo. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

2021 XCR 850

2018 XCR 800

2016 Pro-S 800

And two 1993 XCR 440’s

Beat season ever last year with 7520 miles on the two newer XCR’s, son did 1100 with me on the Pro-S.  

my last was an 18 xcr 800. that's why i say the 800 is bad ass

Just one sled these days but we keep them fresh.

23 Expedition Extreme 900turbo.  We travel 370 miles north each way most weekends, or long weekends to Jackman ME.  We have been renting up there for years, and this year found some new digs at Lake Parlin for 5 of us, all met from the forums.  The drive can be a bit of a grind at times, but we still love to ride, get stuck and generally get ourselves into shit we have no business doing.  :lol: 

• Like 2

Last year we had a new demo Polaris 4 stroke.  Dealer got the sled late and needed miles put on being a demo.  Was pleasantly surprised how good it rode and handled with the additional weight.  Never felt and heavier as a 2 stroke while trail riding. Wife really liked the sled.

Performance was a different story compared to an 850.  

20230310_094943.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Is it bad if I'd have to sit down and think about the number of sleds we have right meow?

I've lost track of how many I've owned, its been a lot.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

Oh yeah , bunch of Wednesday in there.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Best day to ride 

I've started taking pto on Wednesday or Thursday and riding some. One day last winter we rode 180ish miles and saw 6 other sleds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

My knuckles hurt just thinking about keeping the wrenches on that many sleds. :lol: 

Well we like our old triples plus we like how the kids have to learn how to maintain and fix these old sleds rather than just handing them new stuff and saying “here ya go”

my oldest boy loves his 97 Mach 1. He has a lot of wrench time into it so he takes Really good care of it 

he even swapped it himself to an 809 when he was 14 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Well we like our old triples plus we like how the kids have to learn how to maintain and fix these old sleds rather than just handing them new stuff and saying “here ya go”

my oldest boy loves his 97 Mach 1. He has a lot of wrench time into it so he takes Really good care of it 

he even swapped it himself to an 809 when he was 14 

Still have a sweet spot for the triples.  On my list of sleds forgot to include a 2001 XCR.  Bought it from a good friend of mine and its still at his place.

20220226_181048.jpg

20171216_200645.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Still have a sweet spot for the triples.  On my list of sleds forgot to include a 2001 XCR.  Bought it from a good friend of mine and its still at his place.

20220226_181048.jpg

20171216_200645.jpg

Man XCR 800’s have skyrocketed in price too 

Polaris had so many garbage triples but anything ultra based was decent