Check your account email address ×

Hay Days 2023

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I think I found a new sled. How much is an 800 with a speedwerx pipe, can and all the trail closing dangles worth?? It might come in a box. Not sure yet. 

$800 

:roflcrying:

11 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Mike Kloetys rejection email to me for an RXC made it sound like there isn’t much promise in the cat racing world. But at least the guy on trail riders bitching about the seat on the RXC compared to his 2019 pantera will get his cross country sled.

oh?  that sucks... 

42 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Cat announcement set for 1:00pm on Saturday, Sept. 9 at Hay Days.  It's a glowing crate with scary animal sounds emanating from it.

They always do 1pm. I might go to see some monkeys 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

$800 

:roflcrying:

oh?  that sucks... 

I did try to give him my snowcheck vin to switch over to race dept pricing but that wouldn’t fly either 😂. He did make it sound like things maybe getting ready to change for the better but not this year 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

The big announcement is a fully featured sled, with the big engine and every option you can get. It will be a one year only 2025 and that’s it. Textron is shutting down arctic cat that is why Yamaha announced they are done with sleds. Haydays will be the Textron announcement. 

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The big announcement is a fully featured sled, with the big engine and every option you can get. It will be a one year only 2025 and that’s it. Textron is shutting down arctic cat that is why Yamaha announced they are done with sleds. Haydays will be the Textron announcement. 

Yeah. That makes total and complete sense. :lol2: :lol:

Try harder to make shit up next time. 

20 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Cat announcement set for 1:00pm on Saturday, Sept. 9 at Hay Days.  It's a glowing crate with scary animal sounds emanating from it.

New engine built off the existing 800 flame thrower, I guess the larger displacement means it will provide more warmth for the Cat riders.

Edited by Tripleflipper
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

New engine built off the existing 800 flame thrower, I guess the larger displacement means it will provide more warmth for the Cat riders.

I had every problem but flame shooting.  

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I had every problem but flame shooting.  

Knock on wood, mine has been pretty good, can't complain.  Wish the harmonics were better, found another broken exhaust spring last weekend.  Also wish it behaved below 20mph, but above that it has been a good runner.

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Knock on wood, mine has been pretty good, can't complain.  Wish the harmonics were better, found another broken exhaust spring last weekend.  Also wish it behaved below 20mph, but above that it has been a good runner.

Those sleds were either great or problematic. Sounds like the 2022 and 2023s were better than what I had 

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Those sleds were either great or problematic. Sounds like the 2022 and 2023s were better than what I had 

My 18 was flawless for 2400 miles in a season and a 1/4. My buddies 19 caught on fire 4 times a ride and the dumb fuck put it out every time. My 22 RR was fine for the 500ish miles I put on it an my buddies runs like a smashed ass since it was new. So I’ve been lucky but yea there’s definitely no in between

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

baby brother who lives in Rhode Island and comes home to ride once a year, and my reply. 

Screenshot_20230901-125413.png

I have an extra sled my fiance never rides at the foothills of tug hill if he ever wants to get crazy and ride twice a year. Epping isn’t far from him if he wants a show like that, I went last year and I wouldn’t go again though 😂

On 8/24/2023 at 2:26 PM, p51mstg said:

Use high temp (orange) RTV on every exhaust spring.. Just run a heavy bead on each side of exhaust spring coils. After springs are installed and stretched slightly/ Bead it so it runs entire length of spring coils and some RTV gets in between all coils on two sides. Been doing this for years on cats.. Y pipe is a must.. Never break springs anymore.  

• Like 2

The newer exhaust springs also work well.  I can't remember which year they started, I believe it was the 21 models.  It seems hard to believe that the small insert works so well, but I have not lost any of the newer style springs. 

I used to go through the old springs like crazy.  Carried a couple in my tool kit all the time.

• Like 1

I do use RTV on my springs, but forgot one and found it broken this summer.  That doesn't solve the harmonics, but is a good workaround.

If Cat announces a new engine design with multiple displacements - and not just a bigger version of the 800 - that would be really cool.  The odds of me being there have improved dramatically over the last week or so, and I even found a place to stay overnight. 

Current forecast for Saturday:  Start of the day at a seasonal 50, then mostly sunny with a high near 78, southerly winds 5-10 gradually switching to being out of the north in the afternoon.  As a pilot, I always look to see what the day before looks like, since it seems like actual weather lags behind the forecast.  Thursday and Friday are also going to be nice and dry, which is an excellent indicator.  Looking forward to a nice tight formation of T6/SNJ's at Noon for Opening Ceremonies.

What's a good YouTube video topic for Hay Days?  I'm trying to figure out what I should cover.

40 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I do use RTV on my springs, but forgot one and found it broken this summer.  That doesn't solve the harmonics, but is a good workaround.

If Cat announces a new engine design with multiple displacements - and not just a bigger version of the 800 - that would be really cool.  The odds of me being there have improved dramatically over the last week or so, and I even found a place to stay overnight. 

Current forecast for Saturday:  Start of the day at a seasonal 50, then mostly sunny with a high near 78, southerly winds 5-10 gradually switching to being out of the north in the afternoon.  As a pilot, I always look to see what the day before looks like, since it seems like actual weather lags behind the forecast.  Thursday and Friday are also going to be nice and dry, which is an excellent indicator.  Looking forward to a nice tight formation of T6/SNJ's at Noon for Opening Ceremonies.

What's a good YouTube video topic for Hay Days?  I'm trying to figure out what I should cover.

Swap meet treasures and of course the Arctic Cat reveal that the entire industry is buzzing about.

• Like 1