Check your account email address ×

Hay Days 2023

6 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Riding a Sled that isnt yours isnt a test ride? 

Even if it was your buddys sled are you not "trying" or "testing" it out? Back to back as you say with testing out a Catalyst that also wasnt yours?   :lol:

Dont get hung up on words Jim it makes you look even more stupid. 

Fuck off! The Catalyst I rode was a test ride for me. The poo after sold me on the Catalyst. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Hell has to be good for polaris for being the one everybody has to compare themselves too!!

I’ve ridden them all besides new catalyst and they all have some good and bad but overall polaris just fits me like a glove!!it’s a sled you can ride all day and I’m talking 300 mile days not 100 and be ready for another 300.

time will tell how good catalyst is but to say it’s better than polaris in every way is a stretch or should I say bullshit!!!

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Fuck off! The Catalyst I rode was a test ride for me. The poo after sold me on the Catalyst. Nothing more, nothing less. 

:lol:

"derp I didnt test ride the Poo!! Just test rode it to buy the Catalyst I already sold myself on!!!"

179CC3D8-24C3-4AC2-8B81-71F0A2989A0E.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Took me one ride to get my RR set up to my liking and the only adjustment besides the clickers was to take some pressure off the front shock. Had to much ski pressure.

you loosened the ski springs or the front skid shock spring? 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

5 hours ago, X2700 said:

Hell has to be good for polaris for being the one everybody has to compare themselves too!!

I’ve ridden them all besides new catalyst and they all have some good and bad but overall polaris just fits me like a glove!!it’s a sled you can ride all day and I’m talking 300 mile days not 100 and be ready for another 300.

time will tell how good catalyst is but to say it’s better than polaris in every way is a stretch or should I say bullshit!!!

For some of these Cat riders that's equal to a season of riding. Especially the slower ones

• Like 3

Jim- you continue to be your own worst enemy. Arctic Cat must absolutely hate having you on their side. Cat's marketing department must cringe every time they hear your name.....

***Maybe Jim is a double agent? Jim is actually a BRP employee and this is just a scheme by the Ski-Doo/BRP marketing department just to make Cat look bad?**

• Haha 1

With that said.....I have to say that I go to Hay days every damn year. And this year? Meh...... I'm just not feeling it. I really don't need any gear. I'm not in the market for a new sled. And I really don't need anything in swap. The last couple of years, the only thing that I've bought is a 5 gallon pail of Klotz from Northern Synthetics.....

Edited by Ziemann

10 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Jim- you continue to be your own worst enemy. Arctic Cat must absolutely hate having you on their side. Cat's marketing department must cringe every time they hear your name.....

***Maybe Jim is a double agent? Jim is actually a BRP employee and this is just a scheme by the Ski-Doo/BRP marketing department just to make Cat look bad?**

That is an opinion. Highly doubt they follow this shit show though. To busy building quality sleds. Poo should follow there lead.

41 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

With that said.....I have to say that I go to Hay days every damn year. And this year? Meh...... I'm just not feeling it. I really don't need any gear. I'm not in the market for a new sled. And I really don't need anything in swap. The last couple of years, the only thing that I've bought is a 5 gallon pail of Klotz from Northern Synthetics.....

I just realized the last time I went to haydays was in 2015. I got my back pack out for the first time in a long time and the 2015 guide was in it. I didn’t realize it had been that long already. 

I see familiar names missing from the list of exhibitors this year, and they moved the manufacturers.  Probably means nothing.

i’m planning to go, simply to cover the new Cat engine and have source material for some yt videos.  If that wasn’t the reason, I don’t know why I’d go this year - sled restoration projects still tbd at some point in the future, so no need to rummage the swap meet.

Never been to Princeton,, heard that’s a good time, maybe next year.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if you loosen the front skid shock spring collar (take spring tension off) it increases ski pressure... you dumbass! 

9_9

I increased the tension you dolt!

44 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Oh my. I made a mistake. Take away my birthday!

it wasn't intended as a gotcha moment, as I frequently read about people fiddling with fts spring and ski pressures and many seemingly make their sleds worse. 

think of the fts spring as the center (pendulum) of a teeter totter.  once the fts spring pressure is set then level the pressures of the rear torsion springs and ski springs to deliver the ideal sag and firmness and light but precise steering and handling.  Proper toe alignment of the skis themselves are also crucial. 

If the sled is setup correctly you can run an aggressive keel ski and carbides without excessively heavy steering... as @mnstang also pointed out. 

Duallys, snow trackers, etc are all just band aids for improperly set-up sleds imo... 

gotcha 😁

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I see familiar names missing from the list of exhibitors this year, and they moved the manufacturers.  Probably means nothing.

i’m planning to go, simply to cover the new Cat engine and have source material for some yt videos.  If that wasn’t the reason, I don’t know why I’d go this year - sled restoration projects still tbd at some point in the future, so no need to rummage the swap meet.

Never been to Princeton,, heard that’s a good time, maybe next year.

I like Princeton way better than haydays. Dirt isn’t getting all over everything, Good racing, you don’t have all the clowns there and they usually have a pretty good vintage display to check out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I like Princeton way better than haydays. Dirt isn’t getting all over everything, Good racing, you don’t have all the clowns there and they usually have a pretty good vintage display to check out

Plus stopping by Dr Mario's for some dilly beans at midnight is fun too

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

That's rather cruel. Maybe he just needs to be familiar with STOP and GO

Don't forget YIELD that is what he said he holds the most, probably because the other two are hard for him.

Edited by Deephaven
  • Like 1