Check your account email address ×

Hay Days 2023

5 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

That's rather cruel. Maybe he just needs to be familiar with STOP and GO

Normally, I just shake my head at you all going at each other, but this right here made me LOL.

On 8/9/2023 at 10:02 AM, ZR6000RR said:

Oh my. I made a mistake. Take away my birthday!

It's far more likely that you got caught in yet another lie, and that never happened.

You aren't smart enough to keep track of all the bullshit you spread

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Nothing better than wanting an 800 and ordering a 600 that has yet to be delivered when the 800 is announced.

They announced this was coming a year ago, and told everyone who asked at every consumer show, every demo ride, ever event.  It was published in every write up about the sled.

No one should be surprised or upset that a bigger engine in coming in the catalyst

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Nothing better than wanting an 800 and ordering a 600 that has yet to be delivered when the 800 is announced.

They'll likely announce the new 800 will be coming in 2026.

3 hours ago, krom said:

They announced this was coming a year ago, and told everyone who asked at every consumer show, every demo ride, ever event.  It was published in every write up about the sled.

No one should be surprised or upset that a bigger engine in coming in the catalyst

Yep.  Doesn't make it better.

On 8/12/2023 at 1:23 PM, Deephaven said:

If somebody wanted an 800 and ordered a 600, they're an idiot and I don't care if they're butthurt.  Everybody knew how this timeline was going, was no secret.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The big announcement is you can finally buy and take delivery of the fucking thing. If they had them available last winter even in a limited amount, they would have sold fast. 

It is what it is, the thing was only ever going to be available this fall to buy.  And that's probably pushing it.  

I guess you could argue that it shouldn't have been revealed at haydays last year if it wasn't ready til this fall.  But I think the announcement was a major success so I don't agree with it.  If they didn't announce at haydays, people would have bitched about that then.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It is what it is, the thing was only ever going to be available this fall to buy.  And that's probably pushing it.  

I guess you could argue that it shouldn't have been revealed at haydays last year if it wasn't ready til this fall.  But I think the announcement was a major success so I don't agree with it.  If they didn't announce at haydays, people would have bitched about that then.  

From a marketing/sales product launch standpoint you can tell they are super dis organized as company. The consumer will notice that. They are launching 2 major products no one can get yet. They should keep all the new stuff quiet until they are ready to sell it. They should be pimping the current variant of the catalyst at haydays people will still be able to find this fall when they ship to dealers. 

24 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If it had even been EPA approved. They (Cat) stated not until 25. Some people are just hardened dumbfucks. 

29 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

From a marketing/sales product launch standpoint you can tell they are super dis organized as company. The consumer will notice that. They are launching 2 major products no one can get yet. They should keep all the new stuff quiet until they are ready to sell it. They should be pimping the current variant of the catalyst at haydays people will still be able to find this fall when they ship to dealers. 

I'm sure they will be pimping the current variant of the catalyst at haydays this year.  I hope I can sit on one.  I'd be shocked if they didn't have catalysts at haydays.

I think it's pretty normal for manufacturers to introduce things before you can buy them.  I think cat has always done that, I think the other sled oems do it, I think all the automotive oems do that.  Hell every sled maker is introducing next years sleds in winter, almost a full year before they're at the dealer, and that not even when there's anything new.  So the catalyst was only unveiled around 3-4 months before other m.y. 2024 machines, I don't see the problem with that.  

Tesla unveils their truck many years before you can buy it.  Same with the new Ford bronco.  And many other things I'm sure, I don't follow cars that closely.  Years before.

• Like 1

Cat is in the spotlight at Hay Days. Every sledhead is watching. Probably the best reveal at Hay Days was when they delivered one of the race sleds by helicopter to the booth.......

I wish I could find a pic of that.....

• Like 1

Country Cat was one of the big names I noticed missing from the vendor list, but not the only one.  I saw their FB post earlier today and it actually makes sense.  When I was a volunteer EMT, I always dreaded the local summer festivals.  I don’t blame them for wanting to stay home this year.

A few Hay Days ago, I was looking at jackets at the Dennis Kirk display, and found one I liked.  Went to the nearest employees and asked how I could buy it.  They said, these are for display, order online.  I thought…. “Then, why are you here?”  They could’ve left everyone home, all the gear in the warehouse, and just had a small display giving out coupons if you stopped by their Rush City retail counter on your way home.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Country Cat was one of the big names I noticed missing from the vendor list, but not the only one.  I saw their FB post earlier today and it actually makes sense.  When I was a volunteer EMT, I always dreaded the local summer festivals.  I don’t blame them for wanting to stay home this year.

A few Hay Days ago, I was looking at jackets at the Dennis Kirk display, and found one I liked.  Went to the nearest employees and asked how I could buy it.  They said, these are for display, order online.  I thought…. “Then, why are you here?”  They could’ve left everyone home, all the gear in the warehouse, and just had a small display giving out coupons if you stopped by their Rush City retail counter on your way home.

Basically what every trad show has turned into now. Online has made them obsolete. 

• Like 1

That was interesting about country cat.

I wonder if they're butthurt because they were kind of a sideshow away from AC and Thomas SnoSports gets to butt right up to the Arctic Cat spot where it's seamless.  You actually think it's just one big AC area which it is, but half of it is Tom's.  Imo Tom deserves it as he gives way more back to the sport and the grassroots.  He also has the big spread at Princeton front and center as you walk in and country cat isn't there either.  Country Cat is big box retailer.

I remember when County Cat was THE place to buy noncurrent sleds and clothing. I purchased a few sleds there that were noncurrents including a '06 ZR900 and a '08 F6 SnoPro. I bought a ton of noncurrent bibs from them back in the day including leathers (yeah, I did that back then) and full Goretex suits. The online sales game along with manufacturers no longer carrying over product killed Country Cat's identity. I no longer see deals on much of anything at Country Cat any more.

The good news is that they still seem to have a great parts inventory, and I can get delivery via Spee-Dee Deliver the next day. 

It would be interesting to know how their Kawasaki dirt sales compare to their Cat ATV/UTV sales..... 

Edited by Ziemann
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I remember when County Cat was THE place to buy noncurrent sleds and clothing. I purchased a few sleds there that were noncurrents including a '06 ZR900 and a '08 F6 SnoPro. I bought a ton of noncurrent bibs from them back in the day including leathers (yeah, I did that back then) and full Goretex suits. The online sales game along with manufacturers no longer carrying over product killed Country Cat's identity. I no longer see deals on much of anything at Country Cat any more.

The good news is that they still seem to have a great parts inventory, and I can get delivery via Spee-Dee Deliver the next day. 

It would be interesting to know how their Kawasaki dirt sales compare to their Cat ATV/UTV sales..... 

They used to be pretty good on pricing on AC parts but they're pretty expensive now.  Like they got established as the big name in mail order and now people go there out of habit and comfort.  Thomas is significantly cheaper.  But country cat does have the best inventory and when it's in season that's important.

• Like 1