Check your account email address ×

Yamaha Out After 2025

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

No surprise, snowmobiling has not recovered from it's peak during the late 90's to early 2000's. 

I don't think that will ever happen. Less trails and a much higher cost today than back then.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

I don't think that will ever happen. Less trails and a much higher cost today than back then.

Electric snowmobiles will make the whole industry recover and they'll sell more than they ever did!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Snowmobiling is crazy expensive these days.

Its kind of a bummer, I really thought Yamaha could have dominated the sport if they wanted to, but farming out their mfg to Cat a few years ago kind of foretold what was going to happen eventually.  Over 20 grand for a new Lynx turbo.  Unreal machine, but what the frig, they have gotten to be stupid money.  And you can't even get one, unless you ordered it the first week of snowcheck.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Snowmobiling is crazy expensive these days.

Everything recreationally is.   Seen how much boats have went up.   UTV's easily into the $30K range.   Its all nuts. 

• Like 5

Just now, Highmark said:

Everything recreationally is.   Seen how much boats have went up.   UTV's easily into the $30K range.   Its all nuts. 

It is , When my bud told me what he had into his SXS , Im thinking , thats more then I paid for my last work truck.

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

It is , When my bud told me what he had into his SXS , Im thinking , thats more then I paid for my last work truck.

Cheaper to buy a really nice used jeep 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

This must put textron in a precarious situation with the end of an engine supplier looming in the future.

I think Yamaha painted themselves into a corner with chassis development.  We have all speculated when this day was coming.

I think the Yamaha 998 turbo is a real winner, and it would be a shame to lose it.  However, I'm not sure why Cat wouldn't follow the same path as Polaris in developing a new 4 stroke - if that's what they want to do.  I don't think it's as bad for Cat as it appears.

Log live the turbo 998, and I'm sure most of them will.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HSR said:

This must put textron in a precarious situation with the end of an engine supplier looming in the future.

they have alternatives, though less desirable.  @Tommcat can dispell the Yamaha engine quality beliefs.  Snow Tracker sales are going to plummet, right @Not greg b:lol:

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

Wisconsin dealers were called to an in-person meeting in Milwaukee yesterday to be told.

The local Yamaha dealer in Antigo wisely picked up Polaris and BRP long ago.  Last time I spoke with them they were surprised they launched 2024 models.

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s just getting too expensive for a lot of people 

the math of the cost vs. usage for the vast majority of the population makes no sense.  90 day season here, if we're lucky.  I'll just keep maintaining, riding and enjoying my old clunkers.  Hard to say how long until there aren't as many trails out there as there used to be with land owners, and the lack of youth involvement in some clubs. 

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

And comes with a full cab, heater and AC 

AND turn signals, brake lights, DOT approved for road/street use.  :thumbsup: 

right @Bontz :lol:

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

Cheaper to buy a really nice used jeep 

Ain't that the truth... 

Recreational industry is leaning on the fact that there are so many boomers retiring with good savings.   They are charging what people will pay and people are paying it.  Last I heard it was still a 6 mo wait on some Can-Am utv models.  Good thing is if you owned something already its value has increased substantially with how expensive everything new has gotten.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Will they sell the engine tech?

I would think that the TCat will remain at least for a while. 

No snow here anymore, either.  Cost vs use doesn’t make sense anymore.  I can at least use my RZR all year.  

My buddy has been ragging on me about selling it to him because it sits a lot. Asked him if he had any idea what they sell for.  Starts googling them and says ….I guess I’m not buying your RZR !!! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Recreational industry is leaning on the fact that there are so many boomers retiring with good savings.   They are charging what people will pay and people are paying it.  Last I heard it was still a 6 mo wait on some Can-Am utv models.  Good thing is if you owned something already its value has increased substantially with how expensive everything new has gotten.  

Yup I just sold my SxS that I had for 3 years close to what I paid for it.