Check your account email address ×

Shitty cars, shitty rockets. What a fucking surprise.

54 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ford quality is much more of an issue. Warranty claims are destroying Ford’s margins. 

gm is no better. now we are getting all the trucks that were sitting. right now we have 22,23,24 models. 22 model lst night made it 3 hours from delivery and towed back. 

• Sad 1

Think about it, the biggest rocket ever launched with 33 engines that had to fire perfectly just to get it off the ground. He pretty much expected it to blow up but couldn't say that otherwise the feds wouldn't have allowed him to launch. A friend of my son who is an engineer on the project said it was a huge win. The data that they'll collect will only improve the results.

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Think about it, the biggest rocket ever launched with 33 engines that had to fire perfectly just to get it off the ground. He pretty much expected it to blow up but couldn't say that otherwise the feds wouldn't have allowed him to launch. A friend of my son who is an engineer on the project said it was a huge win. The data that they'll collect will only improve the results.

The data collection on modern rockets has to be incredible. That’ll all get put into a bin and sorted. It’s the only way to advance. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, toslow said:

Word on the street they might have blown it up on purpose 

They have the ability and it’s their rocket so it’s completely plausible 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

gm is no better. now we are getting all the trucks that were sitting. right now we have 22,23,24 models. 22 model lst night made it 3 hours from delivery and towed back. 

No doubt GM ships a lot of shit. They are far from a Honda or Toyota. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@p51mstg must be taking a beating... hope you set a stop loss early on those shares.  ;)

it’s still up almost 32% since December.  I  guess, it depends how long he has held the shares.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Old Elon has gone from a darling of the left to public enemy #1 in a couple years LOL. He must be doing something right

Funny how that works huh? Funny who is shitting on him in this forum too.

The guy builds electric cars and smokes weed!  What Dem wouldn’t like him?  O wait he was on Fox News the other day?  It’s funny if you vote for someone your tied to every hot button issue that that side is for or against. I’m not into trans shit or welfare or defunding the police or any law enforcement.  but I like guns, electric cars and or greener energy and the environment. So I must be a liberal conservative shit bag then??  It amazes me that people think if you voted a certain way then your strictly tied to those beliefs and can’t be agreeing with the other side on things that maybe go against the “ programming” some like to say on here. 

Edited by jonlafon1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

They have the ability and it’s their rocket so it’s completely plausible 

They do.

When it stared going squirrely the computer, or a human will tell it to self destruct. 

It will not recover once far enough out of balance. It's not a motorcycle with a speed wobble.

At the speed it is travelling and the energy still left in the fuel it could easily go off course far enough to do damage to stuff and/or persons on the ground.

Until we come up with space travel that does not involve controlled explosions as propulsion, this is state of the art.

Largest rocket ever built. 

There will be growing pains.

Space X has a proven record. They will make it work...maybe twitter not so much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

The guy builds electric cars and smokes weed!  What Dem wouldn’t like him?  O wait he was on Fox News the other day?  It’s funny if you vote for someone your tied to every hot button issue that that side is for or against. I’m not into trans shit or welfare or defunding the police or any law enforcement.  but I like guns, electric cars and or greener energy and the environment. So I must be a liberal conservative shit bag then??  It amazes me that people think if you voted a certain way then your strictly tied to those beliefs and can’t be agreeing with the other side on things that maybe go against the “ programming” some like to say on here. 

This place isn't real.  The idiocy here is beyond belief.  There is ONLY black or white.  And the conspiracies............

10 hours ago, Matt said:

The primary test objective was to clear the tower.  It achieved that.  It failed a secondary task, which was unfortunate, but not a surprise.  It's impressive to see for sure!  Largest rocket ever launched by a considerable margin.

We can still build cool shit in this country.  Just need the assholes to get out of the way.

LOTS of cheering on the left today that this thing blew up.  God, it must suck to be such a miserable twat that your hate rules your life.

Indeed, what an impressive feat.  :bc:

Neal

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

This place isn't real.  The idiocy here is beyond belief.  There is ONLY black or white.  And the conspiracies............

You posted a dumb thread and got called out on it.

Now you’re trying to make yourself sound smart 

What a dumbass 

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Elon and Tesla will single-handedly put ford and gm out of business. 

Only 1 person has stood up and told executives of both of those govenment hind titt suckers if you move production you will be looking at a 35% tariff .

And no tesla won't be overtaking ford or gm with the garbage they put out same junk diff name plate