Check your account email address ×

2023 Polaris Indy VR1 Boost 850 Turbo

The best chassis that’s ever existed got a legit 190hp setup from the factory. Yes it’s probably the best sled ever. Up until now you had to mod one yourself to have it. I’d imagine a properly dialed in big bore 850 would still beat the boost though and can be done for cheaper. Reliability is anyone’s guess at this point 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The best chassis that’s ever existed got a legit 190hp setup from the factory. Yes it’s probably the best sled ever. Up until now you had to mod one yourself to have it. I’d imagine a properly dialed in big bore 850 would still beat the boost though and can be done for cheaper. Reliability is anyone’s guess at this point 

I'd love to try one.  Stupid money though.  

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'd love to try one.  Stupid money though.  

23k? No thanks , you could buy a new vr1 for 16k and spend 4K on a 940 stroker and smoke the boost. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

23k? No thanks , you could buy a new vr1 for 16k and spend 4K on a 940 stroker and smoke the boost. 

Yeah that is just a little too high especially when I look outside and see grass and mud.😫

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah that is just a little too high especially when I look outside and see grass and mud.😫

The depreciation on the boost in 3 years will total what a new hypersled cost 5 years ago outright. That’s the real issue. I won’t piss away 4K per year on depreciation on a fucking sled. That’s idiocy

Honestly, it’s too much money. Agreed that a 850 modded is cheaper and will be faster. Clearly the boost is for the guy that the fastest thing out there, just wants to pull the cord and go and doesn’t give a shit about how much it costs. 

Also, if the Matryx trail chassis is as bad as the Matryx mountain chassis is, hard pass for me on that one. I know multiple people who sold their Matryx RMKs from last year and went back to Axys chassis RMKs. After riding the Matryx chassis RMK, I don’t blame them. 

On 1/2/2023 at 3:39 PM, f7ben said:

13 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Honestly, it’s too much money. Agreed that a 850 modded is cheaper and will be faster. Clearly the boost is for the guy that the fastest thing out there, just wants to pull the cord and go and doesn’t give a shit about how much it costs. 

Also, if the Matryx trail chassis is as bad as the Matryx mountain chassis is, hard pass for me on that one. I know multiple people who sold their Matryx RMKs from last year and went back to Axys chassis RMKs. After riding the Matryx chassis RMK, I don’t blame them. 

Not sure it would smoke the boost if its massaged at all and I think it would depend on what kind of race you are talking about.   Pump gas tunes take it 200+ range.  Not that familiar with the 940 kit so I don't know its reliability record either.  Still think the turbo might have longer legs than the big bores of which most are in the 190 hp range. 

As for resale not sure I wouldn't want a used boost that hasn't been pumped up than a big bore.   Time will tell with reliability and resale....likely will take a big hit but lots of people want that power and not willing to pay the 22+ but might 15+ for a good used one.  

Edited by Highmark

On 1/2/2023 at 3:39 PM, f7ben said:

I don't think you can buy a brand new vr1 for $16k either lol

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

The 850 is a pretty stout engine, I think it will do good with that turbo

Reliably making full hp, all the time, on the boost is going to be difficult I think. I’ll bet it pulls power often due to IATs, coolant temps and exhaust temps. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I hope they sell all they can and push doos sales into the shitter 

At 22k Boost sales won't be responsible for that happening. Poo needs a really good 4 stroke and better fit and finish overall before they get by Doo.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Anler said:

I don't think you can buy a brand new vr1 for $16k either lol

You can't ... they were pretty much $18K all day long, as a snowcheck.  And that's typically a "decent price" out the door considering what dealers are listing them for right now.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

You can't ... they were pretty much $18K all day long, as a snowcheck.  And that's typically a "decent price" out the door considering what dealers are listing them for right now.

Yep. Even the 650’s are 16 plus now.

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Not sure it would smoke the boost if its massaged at all and I think it would depend on what kind of race you are talking about.   Pump gas tunes take it 200+ range.  Not that familiar with the 940 kit so I don't know its reliability record either.  Still think the turbo might have longer legs than the big bores of which most are in the 190 hp range. 

As for resale not sure I wouldn't want a used boost that hasn't been pumped up than a big bore.   Time will tell with reliability and resale....likely will take a big hit but lots of people want that power and not willing to pay the 22+ but might 15+ for a good used one.  

Looks like you can only get to about 210hp on the boost and that takes 93oct pump , any more is race fuel.

A 940 stroker setup would make 210ish on pump and probably be snappier and hard hitting than the turbo setup. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Looks like you can only get to about 210hp on the boost and that takes 93oct pump , any more is race fuel.

A 940 stroker setup would make 210ish on pump and probably be snappier and hard hitting than the turbo setup. 

Not familiar with the 940 kit but 210 seems like a bunch considering what has been around in the past for big twin HP on pump gas.

Carl's Cycle 900 kit is pretty highly thought of and it makes around 190.

Cat's 1000 twin was a damn good motor in its day and pulling 210 out of in on pump wasn't easy. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Not familiar with the 940 kit but 210 seems like a bunch considering what has been around in the past for big twin HP on pump gas.

Carl's Cycle 900 kit is pretty highly thought of and it makes around 190.

Cat's 1000 twin was a damn good motor in its day and pulling 210 out of in on pump wasn't easy. 

I might have to retract , I thought Terra Alps had a big bite stroker setup for the 850 but it seems like they are only doing the stroker for the 800ho. Everyone has 900 big bores for the 850. Bikeman is claiming over 200hp depending on setup out of their 900 but I’m not buying that 

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I might have to retract , I thought Terra Alps had a big bite stroker setup for the 850 but it seems like they are only doing the stroker for the 800ho. Everyone has 900 big bores for the 850. Bikeman is claiming over 200hp depending on setup out of their 900 but I’m not buying that 

I forget who but someone is claiming 215ish HP on the Boost with a tune and head on pump 91.   If and that's a big if that is true it would be some set up. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I forget who but someone is claiming 215ish HP on the Boost with a tune and head on pump 91.   If and that's a big if that is true it would be some set up. 

I think it was BCM but it was on 93.