Check your account email address ×

2023 Polaris Indy VR1 Boost 850 Turbo

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Still pretty damn impressive for a factory turbo 2 stroke at low elevation.

Yup. Most people don’t want the hassle of a mod sled. Honestly most wouldn’t know how to keep one running.

if this engine holds together, which is a big if with Polaris, it’s one fuckin awesome sled 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yup. Most people don’t want the hassle of a mod sled. Honestly most wouldn’t know how to keep one running.

if this engine holds together, which is a big if with Polaris, it’s one fuckin awesome sled 

The mod sled thing is different now , they can flash the stock ecu and the sleds run like they should have from the factory. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The mod sled thing is different now , they can flash the stock ecu and the sleds run like they should have from the factory. 

Yeah I meant more building your own turbo sled from scratch. Not just a tune 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I am hearing some good things about the 2023 Doo Turbo's in the mountains.....at least as far as performance goes. 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Yep. Even the 650’s are 16 plus now.

It's kinda dumb that the 850's cost that much more than a 650 because there really isn't any difference except piston size

1 hour ago, ACE said:

This.  I would still never own one out of warranty. Or in the first year. What happens if one blows up?  Parts on backorder until September 2026?

Probably my biggest issue with the Mach Z was the straight up misleading marketing. It should never have been called that. It should have been called a touring sport. It’s simply not a fast machine. It’s just a nice machine. I wonder how much they paid snowtrax to say it’s as fast as a winder. 

Just now, HSR said:

Gut hooked by the Lesters :lol: Oooofffff:lol:

They came out with that like a 1/2 year after it was released for sale so you just wasted another one of your freak outs :( 

57 minutes ago, ACE said:

They came out with that like a 1/2 year after it was released for sale so you just wasted another one of your freak outs :( 

He's like that the king of the freak outs or find a way to put another man down, that is why I call him out all the time on his BS. He was never really like that on HCS back then I liked the guy and we had no beef with each other till I got over here. He loves the fact when I mention HCS, just wait for the freak out now.:whistle:

Your Z its not a bad sled at all they just over overhyped, like you said, just like they did with all the new 800 and 850's and have driven alot of them. They will never be old Mach Z or T-Cat old or new fast. Ace I would call your sled more of a Cadillac of the snowmobile industry, I bet its got one hell of a good ride. :thumb:

Edited by Badger**

Just now, Badger** said:

He's like that the king of the freak outs or find a way to put another man down that is why I call him out all the time on his BS. He was never really like that on HCS back then I liked the guy and we had no beef with each other till I got over here. He loves the fact when I mention HCS, just wait for the freak out now.:whistle:

Your Z its not a bad sled at all they just over overhyped like you said just like they did with all the new 800 and 850's and have driven alot of them. They will never be old Mach Z or T-Cat old or new fast. Ace I would call your sled more of a Cadillac of the snowmobile industry, I bet its got one hell of a good ride. :thumb:

Yeah he’s a spaz 

like I said it’s nice and probably the nicest driving 4 stroke on the market but that 900r engine is so mediocre compared to how they marketed it and compared to the 998

maybe mad at myself too for falling for doos bullshit of constant over promise and under deliver marketing bullshit 

they honestly deserve to fall to 2nd place because they need a good boot in the ass 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Yeah he’s a spaz 

like I said it’s nice and probably the nicest driving 4 stroke on the market but that 900r engine is so mediocre compared to how they marketed it and compared to the 998

maybe mad at myself too for falling for doos bullshit of constant over promise and under deliver marketing bullshit 

they honestly deserve to fall to 2nd place because they need a good boot in the ass 

The 20th I'll be up in Mercer and I'll be jumping on a Mach Z-T, I am looking forward to giving it a run on the Turtle Flambeau Flowage. I bet it will gives my 850 a run for its money or it gives a better ride. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

The 20th I'll be up in Mercer and I'll be jumping on a Mach Z-T, I am looking forward to giving it a run on the Turtle Flambeau Flowage. I bet it will gives my 850 a run for its money or it gives a better ride. :dunno:

Well, shouldn’t it?

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

Likely be pretty close 

I don't have enough miles on my R yet, but I know my reg turbo 900 was easily as quick and fast as the 850s I ran against.  The R should spank an 850 handily.  I want to pinch this pig across a long hardpan lake. If it does 100 I'm good.  The Winders are probably gonna walk it, and thats ok.  I love the way they feel, doesn't wear me out like my cat turbo did.

• Like 1