Check your account email address ×

2023 Polaris Indy VR1 Boost 850 Turbo

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yeah. Try to run E85 in a sled. That should be a good time. 

Not ideal for a trail sled for sure unless you had a short range and a good supply 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not ideal for a trail sled for sure unless you had a short range and a good supply 

Without seriously pre-heating the engine, specific cold start only tune or blending down the ethanol content, that bitch ain’t gonna light. I’ve seen it in the automotive world plenty. Sled engine management, fuel delivery, etc isn’t gonna pull it off any better. 

All the big Cat turbo guys I knew back in the day were on race fuel for hotter tunes and spray meth (washer solvent) if trying to run hard on the trail. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

4 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Without seriously pre-heating the engine, specific cold start only tune or blending down the ethanol content, that bitch ain’t gonna light. I’ve seen it in the automotive world plenty. Sled engine management, fuel delivery, etc isn’t gonna pull it off any better. 

All the big Cat turbo guys I knew back in the day were on race fuel for hotter tunes and spray meth (washer solvent) if trying to run hard on the trail. 

We used to have a bitch of a time firing up race sleds at -25 on race day with c16. Damn near had to have the trailer heated 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

We used to have a bitch of a time firing up race sleds at -25 on race day with c16. Damn near had to have the trailer heated 

Yup even 50/50 was a fucker to start when it was really cold 

• Like 1