Check your account email address ×

Facebook marketplace

I haven't used Market Place to list anything for a while, but I've had good luck with it.  The last sled I sold, I only had one contact that appeared to be a scammer but it was easy to tell and I just ignored/deleted the message.  It's definitely better than Craigs List, and if Market Place is a pile now too .... I'd be curious what the next best option is.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Bontz said:

I haven't used Market Place to list anything for a while, but I've had good luck with it.  The last sled I sold, I only had one contact that appeared to be a scammer but it was easy to tell and I just ignored/deleted the message.  It's definitely better than Craigs List, and if Market Place is a pile now too .... I'd be curious what the next best option is.

I have been telling them to meet me at the town police station , then crickets

• Haha 1

Craigslist used to be f'ng great... Marketplace ruined it.  eBay used to be great too until it turned into a retail store.  Have bought and sold several items on marketplace with success, just have to weed through the losers and scammers.  I miss the days of the local buyers guide and newspaper but I'm vintage.  :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I just sold 3 sleds on marketplace, other than a few no shows, was painless. I've sold numerous things over the years and have never had a problem.

50 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Is that place 95% scammers and shitloafs?

Just listed a wheeler for salwe and got about 20 messages , all scams

I've been trying to sell an old wood stove on there, put every detail imaginable, and yes about 40 shitloafs keep sending me questions......that are in the ad, including if its still listed, its still available.  I even put in there, "must be picked up, bring at least 2 strong individuals and a low profile trailer...."............and I get one, "Is it still available?"  "will you deliver to   *40 miles away*, I will pay you on delivery?"  I mean wtf people.  Useless.

28 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Where is the best place to sell cars nowadays?

Carmax.  I had to get rid of ma's Chevy Trax, and they gave us top $.    Simple and easy, no haggling, sketchy greasy used car salesmen, go in, give them the keys they give you a check.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member

seen a killer 2007 polaris zrt 600 with aftermarket cams for sale on there a few weeks back.

dream ride. :lol: this guy knew his stuff and definitely wasn't looking for opiod money.

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Steve753 said:

I just sold 3 sleds on marketplace, other than a few no shows, was painless. I've sold numerous things over the years and have never had a problem.

Same here on marketplace. I sell parts on eBay all the time 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

" is this item still available" 

Do you even know what you are responding to? I know you dont care , but at least put a little fucking effort in will ya.

I think part of the time people hit that by accident. I know I have, since it's right on the ad where you may be scrolling. There's always different people but I've had mostly good transactions on marketplace. 

• Like 1

I sell atvs and sleds all the time on market place. Definitely have to sort through the idiots. I still use craigslist too but it's pretty much dead now. I miss the way ebay used to be, and the old tradin times paper

15 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

I think part of the time people hit that by accident. I know I have, since it's right on the ad where you may be scrolling. There's always different people but I've had mostly good transactions on marketplace. 

Im starting to think all the scams when I first listed was the same person using 8 different profiles