Check your account email address ×

Have you had Covid yet?

Have you had Covid yet?..I think we need the covid forum back..lol  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had covid

Never had it. Got vaxxed, and boosted, who knows if it helped. 

Our grandkids had it in January, my wife and I went for a visit, the variant at that time seemed to  have much less negative effects, seemed like a good time to get natural immunity. She got it, I didn't. Took no special precautions, didn't use separate bedrooms or anything special, I never got it. She did not get very sick.

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Don't believe I've had it.   Had 2 antibody tests done but those were early and incredibly unreliable.   Pumped myself with Vit D and and C since March 2020 and barely have had a stuffy nose so unless I was asymptomatic I haven't had it.  Wife, one son and both their girls have all had it.   One son's girl had it twice.

Since June 2020 I've lived life normal.   In bars, at parties, weddings, concerts...you name it.  Only wore a mask when required which around here ended surprisingly early. 

Spent some time in NC Colorado last week and was a bit surprised how few people were masked up given the type of people around there.  In 5 days only seen 4 people in masks.   

Wife and I were out west on vacation for a week the middle of last month. CO, UT, NM, AZ and Vegas. Absolutely nuts how many people I saw out there wearing masks. Couldn’t even get service at a fast food drive thru at a McDs on a Navajo reservation in AZ because I wouldn’t wear a mask when I pulled up to the drive thru window. 

Both Detroit and Vegas airports were REALLY bad with people wearing masks. Nasty fuckers would walk through security with bare feet but HAD to wear a mask. GTFOH. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Wife and I were out west on vacation for a week the middle of last month. CO, UT, NM, AZ and Vegas. Absolutely nuts how many people I saw out there wearing masks. Couldn’t even get service at a fast food drive thru at a McDs on a Navajo reservation in AZ because I wouldn’t wear a mask when I pulled up to the drive thru window. 

Both Detroit and Vegas airports were REALLY bad with people wearing masks. Nasty fuckers would walk through security with bare feet but HAD to wear a mask. GTFOH. 

I was in Estes Park and Steamboat Springs and hardly ran into anyone wearing them and zero places with requirements. 

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I was in Estes Park and Steamboat Springs and hardly ran into anyone wearing them and zero places with requirements. 

I've traveled all over this summer. Very few masks if any. Seen a few elderly Walmart employees wearing masks.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I've traveled all over this summer. Very few masks if any. Seen a few elderly Walmart employees wearing masks.

Your telling me people in PA aren't still wearing masks in some places ?  

I still see people here in CT and MA wearing them. Not many but some. 

Almost positive at this point I am immune or A symptomatic.  Have been around multiple people who has it have shared pipes and joints with people who with on a day or 2 got it afterward a few times . 

Only put on a face diaper when asked to do so . Took less than a week off work the whole time . 

That said I have never been a close talker don't like or really let any one hug me ever . If some one is a close talker I have always took a step back . Never even let strippers rub the spit of the 50 guys before me from her tits to my face . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

I still see at least 2 or 3 a day min  but I am in the city regularly.  I still smile about the fucking idiots walking alone outside with there face diaper on 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Thats good , hopefully on the up and up.

That is weird. But I remember being extremely weak also. Like do a few things around the house and then have to take a nap tired. 

Unrealted to covid but Im dealing with nerve problems this week in my back/leg. Hardly could move my left foot few days ago outta nowhere. Nothing worse then when you arent 100%. I got no patience and have a tough time taking it easy. 

Agh always something. 

Any tingly issues with the nerve problem? My left shoulder hurts a lot and left hand constantly feels like it's asleep.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Any tingly issues with the nerve problem? My left shoulder hurts a lot and left hand constantly feels like it's asleep.

Yes . First few days was numb almost no feeling. Now its only a little bit. Still cant move my toes the right way. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Only places they were required on our trip was at any public place on any Navajo reservation in NW New Mexico and northern Arizona. Denver was full of them. Moab wasn’t too bad but all of the people working at the national parks were wearing them. Same at Zion. North Rim of the GC was full of them too. Vegas was just at the airport. DTW was full of people wearing them too. Pretty bad going out there from Michigan and thinking damn, glad we don’t have an assload of people still too scared to breathe air. 

No bullshit. Waited 15 minutes to get to the pay window at a McDs in Kayenta AZ only to be turned away because I wouldn’t wear a mask, in the car I was driving, at the drive thru window for two drinks and a chicken sandwich. Navajo nation rules. 

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Your telling me people in PA aren't still wearing masks in some places ?  

I still see people here in CT and MA wearing them. Not many but some. 

It’s almost all but gone here in Michigan, from what I’ve seen. I’m sure I’ll see some fairies wearing them when I’m up in TC this weekend for my BILs wedding though. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 1

Nope, haven't had it. No one in the family or in my employ have had it. One employee's wife had it a couple weeks ago. My aunt and her entire family had it last Christmas.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:18 AM, Deephaven said:

Until Covid I had never taken a sick day in my life.  Had it twice now.  Lost 6 family members and friends to it as well.  Shocked to see that there are some people on here that haven't had it....but I guess I live in a city.

Yeah....really surprised at the # who haven't had it

On 10/12/2022 at 10:15 AM, brother groove said:

I haven't been sick a day in 3 years ... no vax.. I believe alcohol is the reason.

Haha...if that were true, I would never have gotten it

16 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I still see at least 2 or 3 a day min  but I am in the city regularly.  I still smile about the fucking idiots walking alone outside with there face diaper on 

Yeah...saw an elderly woman out for a walk with one on yesterday. Kind of makes me laugh and get angry at the same time.

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah....really surprised at the # who haven't had it

Haha...if that were true, I would never have gotten it

Yeah...saw an elderly woman out for a walk with one on yesterday. Kind of makes me laugh and get angry at the same time.

I think with anything viral, some people just won't get it, their immune system can handle it.  With that said, I also believe being exposed in small doses over time, helps the natural immune system.  Dr. Michael Osterholm of the U of M has said since day one (If you dig far enough to get his suppressed comments) that it takes 15 minutes of exposure to contract Covid.  A little contact here and there probably goes a long way to having your immune system learn what it needs to do.  This is strictly my opinion based on what we've seen and my experiences through all the BS the last 2.5+ years.

With that said, I do get a chuckle with all the maskers... It really makes you wonder where their heads are.  My 81 yo mother got her flu shot this year again, and she's had the initial vid shot and a booster or two.  But she ain't wearing no face diaper!

• Like 1

• Gold Member

No covid syrup for me or my wife.  We both had shanghi shivers last fall.  Was just a 2 day cold for us.  The smell, taste and being tired lasted a couple more days but nothing major.  Only thing with the taste thing is cottage cheese just has never tasted the same.  Weird shit.  I like me some cottage cheese.  Not any more though....   

• Like 1