Check your account email address ×

Ian is about ready to mess some shit up

BOHICA

• Gold Member

1/2r late out of Syracuse this morning. Sitting on the tarmac at Charlotte waiting on take off. I really hope my luggage made it, all my foul weather gear and water filters and etc.. are in there.

Edited by Kivalo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Daughter lives just north of gandy bridge!lives in evacuation section a.bay is couple blocks away!

luckily she packed up and headed to precinct downtown st Petersburg.on patrol all week 2pm till ?

said people crazy down there right now!!

Looks like storm hooking to south a bit more which will help at least for Tampa but going to be a tough week!have her texting every couple hours to keep in touch.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Daughter lives just north of gandy bridge!lives in evacuation section a.bay is couple blocks away!

luckily she packed up and headed to precinct downtown st Petersburg.on patrol all week 2pm till ?

Looks like storm hooking to south a bit more which will help at least for Tampa but going to be a tough week!have her texting every couple hours to keep in touch.

Watching Accuweather earlier and it sounds like  Sarasota is in for it….good luck to your daughter.👊🏻

16 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Wow, your daughter and my brother aren't that far apart.  Hope things work out well for her patrolling the area...

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Wow, your daughter and my brother aren't that far apart.  Hope things work out well for her patrolling the area...

Hope he’s headed to higher ground!!

anything east of 687 going to be a mess!!

Things looking better again this afternoon really looks to go south of Tampa.still bad but a lot better.

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

My aunts same deal gonna ride it out in Venice…good luck with that

My kids aunt on their mom's side is also in Venice, doing the same..

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

A lot do. My family is all riding it out. I would too.  

12 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I don’t think I’d be staying 🤷‍♂️.

I don't mind cold, I don't mind snow but you can't shovel wind or water..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Just like when we have huge snow storms . You prepare for the worst.  

What?? Make sure there is gas in the snow thrower? I live in the snowiest large city in the country, The inside nobody's house here gets filled with snow, nobody's house here gets swept away in a lake effect snow storm.. I mean seriously, you can't compare a snow storm to a friggin storm surging ocean, 80mph+ wind and rain from a hurricane 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

What?? Make sure there is gas in the snow thrower? I live in the snowiest large city in the country, The inside nobody's house here gets filled with snow, nobody's house here gets swept away in a lake effect snow storm.. I mean seriously, you can't compare a snow storm to a friggin storm surging ocean, 80mph+ wind and rain from a hurricane 

You prepare for what’s coming. :dunno:

Not comparing intensity.   I wouldn’t blame or minimize anyone for leaving. I personally wouldn’t. 

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I was in West Palm Beach when a tropical storm came thru in the 70's. We were about a mile from the beach and I never experienced anything like it We lived on a little knoll about 10 ft higher than the boulevard. The road turned into a 2 ft deep river in about an hour. 16 inches of rain in 24 hrs with 60 mph winds. Mother nature on the rag. Scary but exciting.

• Gold Member

Wind is starting to pick up here in Punta Gorda, been raining nonstop since I got here, too. Tomorrow is supposed to be the shit show, hurricane force winds start around 8am-ish and build to a forecasted 120-130mph.

Of course I told my father to go get water and food so he goes and gets tuna fish and chicken but no water. He thinks he's going to drink his fucking pool water. I have two water bottles and I'm filling them for me. 

What could go wrong, it's just a hurricane.

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

My uncle is 10 minutes from the villages, he’s worried about water levels on his lake. He can’t get flood insurance so he could end up fucked. 

Why? I thought the fed had to sell it to if you bought at least 90 days before the event . 

14 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Wind is starting to pick up here in Punta Gorda, been raining nonstop since I got here, too. Tomorrow is supposed to be the shit show, hurricane force winds start around 8am-ish and build to a forecasted 120-130mph.

Of course I told my father to go get water and food so he goes and gets tuna fish and chicken but no water. He thinks he's going to drink his fucking pool water. I have two water bottles and I'm filling them for me. 

What could go wrong, it's just a hurricane.

Fill the bathtub 

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I don’t think I’d be staying 🤷‍♂️.

Pft if you build right i.e. ICF or poured with poured roof  with tuck under garage/car port you can sit in the living room and watch it destroy your cheep neighbors houses . Then collect a check for all the old shit you did not want any more that was stored in the carport