Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

See there you go again with the job bs.

Thanks to family eh!?

What? Family? I suppose in the end we are family. My hire was almost 20 years ago. Hired because of my qualifications. You? Not for your personality. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

What? Family? I suppose in the end we are family. My hire was almost 20 years ago. Hired because of my qualifications. 

If you say that out loud or type it enough does it make you believe your own lie more?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

I don't see how only offering the 600 is conservative.
Polaris did the same thing with the Rush in 2010.

I also don't see Cat doing a 'Me Too' engine. 
The only reason they are doing an 860-920cc is so it can fit into the Catalyst, but I am guessing there will be Turbo options for it, maybe even the 600 too as it already has the 800 crank. We'll see.

Far as the 800 CTEC, it was Cat's first real go at a big bore. They got it close after the 2nd revision but from hearing Cat's team speak about how things have been, Catalyst has been something they've put most of their R&D into the past 5 years. Doesn't matter how good the motor is if the chassis is outdated, that needed to be priority #1, especially for them with limited resources...well compared to larger competition. Knowing the industry moved to 850's, they started working on the presumably 860 and new chassis years ago.

I think Cat will pull in alot of customers, riders love the new Cat, it supposedaly handles better then anything out there and its weight figures look real good. That trail belt drive and progressive steering makes your 650 outdated.

Supposedly handles better, based on what. What riders love the new Cat. The ones who have ridden the production version. You and 2 others on here are unbelievable. This sled could come out as colossal failure but in your minds will be the greatest thing on snow.:lol2:

It's been awhile since I've looked at those on my phone, but pretty much every test rider and outlet, from Snowtech, SnoeGoer, Snowtrax, snowmobile.com and others said the same thing about how the machine handles. Your comment would hold some water if the machine was still in development, buts its been test ridden for many months now by all of the major outlets, and some folks even have 2K + miles on them and rave about the sled's handling compared to the field.

3 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

cat2.PNG

FWIW the clunk from fwd to rev is in the secondary clutch (which changed suppliers in 22, but hasn't significantly changed design since 16) poo had it too, along with the earlier qrs, but its not something I usually pay attention to, so they may still have it, or may have fixed it

129/137 turns well, but the riot pushes a lot more, and has a lot more ski lift than the pro-cross riot (most can be contributed to the narrow ski stance)

Trail too flat for me to judge anything about bumps

They where still trying different fuel mapping during the consumer demo rides, I watched them try new maps.

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

remember the 2012's? 

nah, that can't happen again... 9_9

They built 3 to 5 times as many pro-cross for 12, than they will catalyst for 24.

jimwit prob doesn't even know why catalyst production got pushed so late, or that it was originally supposed to be much earlier.

Edited by krom

1 minute ago, krom said:

They built 3 to 5 times as many pro-cross for 12, than they will catalyst for 24.

jimwit prob doesn't even know why catalyst production got pushed so late, or that it was originally supposed to be much earlier.

hopefully they don't match the 2012 quality control 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

hopefully they don't match the 2012 quality control 

hopefully.

¿hablas español?

Extraño México, hace demasiado frío aquí.

Edited by krom