Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

You need to see it when there is snow and it is cold. People will miss step and slide all the way down that hill. One year some girl lit a brand new fxr coat on fire because she was cold, drunk and got to close to boogers salamander heating the flip cup tournament 

I can see how... and why. :)

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I can see how... and why. :)

That year he wasn’t front row center he was in the parking lot where they were having bon fires. His dad got in a fight with some 20 year old dudes and won. They were pissed we stole their women and the 20 year olds ended up getting arrested. That was after the coat fire. 

Any of you guys had the airbox out of one of these piles yet? Finally working on the sway bar braces but either I’m retarded or you have to take the whole sled apart to get the airbox out

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Any of you guys had the airbox out of one of these piles yet? Finally working on the sway bar braces but either I’m retarded or you have to take the whole sled apart to get the airbox out

Did you check the service manual?

It's not in there, but I was just wondering:thumb:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

No but I am going to be ripping my hood apart soon to put the windshield trim on it 

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

I took the starter out of my catalyst and remember it was more time consuming than the procross.  I think I removed the throttle bodies but left the air box in place.

I think maybe if I take the TB’s off I’ll be able to get the airbox far enough back to get it out but I lost interest in it for now 😂

45 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Mine isn’t broken yet 2 that came from the race department are

Your’s was properly inspected in Norman county. The race department ones weren’t. They also weren’t broke in correctly and abused 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

How do you get chatter from a brake rotor at idle? 

As in loose tolerancing?

I get chatter (pulsing) on the scallops rotors out trail riding, but that is all I've really noticed.  

From what I’ve seen on pretty much all cats is initial run after setup the rotor will rattle a little bit. Grab the brake a couple times and it seats on the shaft where it wants to be and its fine from then on

12 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

From what I’ve seen on pretty much all cats is initial run after setup the rotor will rattle a little bit. Grab the brake a couple times and it seats on the shaft where it wants to be and its fine from then on

Maybe it is just an issue with all the 8000 and 9000 riders who never really use the brake since they ride at like 20mph anyway.

• Haha 1

I thought the brake rotor was supposed to have a little wiggle?  My understanding is that allows for a driveshaft that might not run true.

Whatever the reason, I think I've always had loose fitting rotors.  The clip doesn't clamp them in place.

19 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I think a little green loctite on the shaft and should be good to go.

Yes, disassemble your brand new $20k sled to apply loctite to a critical component. It might work.:lol:

If it were that easy there are 2 scenarios:

Cat could do it (apply green loctite) at the factory and has elected not to....FAIL

Cat doesn't acknowledge the core problem at all due to cost/assembly logistics/etc....FAIL

Edited by Premium

12 minutes ago, Premium said:

Yes, disassemble your brand new $20k sled to apply loctite to a critical component. It might work.:lol:

If it were that easy there are 2 scenarios:

Cat could do it (apply green loctite) at the factory and has elected not to....FAIL

Cat doesn't acknowledge the core problem at all due to cost/assembly logistics/etc....FAIL

Why would they? They need it to last 2 seasons. then they can sell you a new shaft and bearings for 500 bucks 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Why would they? They need it to last 2 seasons. then they can sell you a new shaft and bearings for 500 bucks 

This is essentially arguing they don't care about perceived nor actual quality....FAIL

31 minutes ago, Premium said:

This is essentially arguing they don't care about perceived nor actual quality....FAIL

Textron has always been a reactive, fix when fail company. Unless it is something they have a shit ton of warranty claims right away they will sweep it under the rug and fix it when someone bitches. Most people will pay the piper