Check your account email address Ă—

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Does it come with the $400 dollar hyfax?? Or will you add those??

I'd wait and just buy the clearance ones from Yamaha when they're all done making sleds and not supervising employees at Thief River Falls. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd wait and just buy the clearance ones from Yamaha when they're all done making sleds and not supervising employees at Thief River Falls. 

But the cat ones are all new. Designed specifically for the all new cattle ass. 

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

But the cat ones are all new. Designed specifically for the all new cattle ass. 

I'm sure they make an huge difference in comparison to the Vespels

I have Vespels on the 720... makes it easier to tow broken CTech 6000's off the trail.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm sure they make an huge difference in comparison to the Vespels

I have Vespels on the 720... makes it easier to tow broken CTech 6000's off the trail.

That is a lie. Ctechs never brake down. Never ever. If they do then it was operator error. they used the wrong oil, start up and brake in procedure.

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

That is a lie. Ctechs never brake down. Never ever. If they do then it was operator error. they used the wrong oil, start up and brake in procedure.

is that what you were telling yourself while I was dangling skis and hauling you on the broken 6 back to the truck, or just something you read online?

20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

is that what you were telling yourself while I was dangling skis and hauling you on the broken 6 back to the truck, or just something you read online?

Yes. I was like if someone would have read the book I would not be hunting a cow for dinner 

9 hours ago, krom said:

trying to come across the patent info for the yamahaha vespel hyfax, I found a bunch of patents for what I assume is woodies.  Including a carbide with an aluminum main bar.
https://patents.justia.com/patent/20070096433

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/robert-musselman

If they want aluminum host bars, they should barrow some of the miracle glue from Polaris and glue the carbide to the host bar

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It was rough. I was left to die in a cow field in Wisconsin. I also had no beer. It was rough. I had a non running ctech with me though. 

No beer, in Wisconsin? Something doesn't add up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

If they want aluminum host bars, they should barrow some of the miracle glue from Polaris and glue the carbide to the host bar

I was thinking just glue the carbide directly to the ski and no host bar win win plus unmatched durability 

22 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

C2c took off with all of it. I could hear him laughing to himself. He was saying stupid procross rider from Norman county, I got the beer. You got the broken procross. Have fun with the cow 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I was thinking just glue the carbide directly to the ski and no host bar win win plus unmatched durability 

Didn’t think of that. When the ski wears you add more glue. Ultimate light weight ski 

20 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

we didn't even make it to the first pit stop...  

19 hours ago, Not greg b said:

C2c took off with all of it. I could hear him laughing to himself. He was saying stupid procross rider from Norman county, I got the beer. You got the broken procross. Have fun with the cow 

to be fair did you have beer along for everytime your 8000 overheated that one night? 

probably a good thing you didn't... it was cooling down more than it was moving.

19 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Didn’t think of that. When the ski wears you add more glue. Ultimate light weight ski 

if you crank the FTS spring all the way you don't even need wear bars, or skis... or spindles

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we didn't even make it to the first pit stop...  

to be fair did you have beer along for everytime your 8000 overheated that one night? 

probably a good thing you didn't... it was cooling down more than it was moving.

if you crank the FTS spring all the way you don't even need wear bars, or skis... or spindles

Next time I am pouring beer on the engine. Maybe that will keep it cool enough to get to the pit stop 

48 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Next time I am pouring beer on the engine. Maybe that will keep it cool enough to get to the pit stop 

long as we don't tackle the mean streets of Merrill...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 2:16 PM, mnstang said:

If I cared enough I would look for those HCS threads.  But I don't.  They might have had the whole powerband, not just peak.   Most cans gained.  Diamond s was the winner.  Maybe one or two lost power.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:16 PM, mnstang said:

If I cared enough I would look for those HCS threads.  But I don't.  They might have had the whole powerband, not just peak.   Most cans gained.  Diamond s was the winner.  Maybe one or two lost power.

arctic cat zr8000 muffler compariso3 (1).pdf

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 12:36 PM, Ziemann said:

Alright- I'll bite!  :-)

LOL- Give me a fucking break. You @stinkipinki, like Ramstad @ZR6000RR, pretend to be knowledgeable, but don't know shit. You were either absent, or not paying attention at that time. Unlike you and Ramstad that are nothing more than green cheerleader wannabe's, there are several of us here that had a ton of first hand experience, and had cell #'s of engineers at that time to help sort out the issues. It was bad. 

The '12's sucked, and it embedded a ton of mistrust of Arctic Cat due to what they dumped on dealers and customers. The '12's were not refined at all. Those of us that bought '12's were Guinea Pigs so Cat could finish development. If I sat here, I could come up with several more issues than I've already posted with the '12's. 

There's a reason why the Fox Floats went away. Remember the hundreds of Fox Float posts on HCS with people desperate to get the right pressure to fix the handling and ride woes on the Floats that year? Google is your friend. 

You don't even remember the issues with the Tri-Hub? LOL

ECU's being destroyed by belts that grenaded? Or belts thru the belly pan and even occasionally blowing the side panels off? I remember working on clutching fixes at that time to try to keep belts on those sleds. Tons of testing went in to addressing alignment issues, clutch calibration, even belt compounds to help guys keep belts on not only the Turbos, but the F800's as well (which weren't nearly as bad).

Anyone remember the headlights that aimed at the sky?

Or the initially inaccurate directions for installing the tall windshield that caused many people to drill in to the headlight housing?

REMEMBER THE GLACIERS that built up on the tunnels of the '12 causing Cat to redesign the tunnel and replace the dented tunnels on many '12's?

REMEMBER the snow ingestion issue? It resulted in burn downs on the 2 strokes and later Cat fixed the issue with a different intake gasket and 2 long screws by the intake to keep the hood from moving enough to break the seal.

Remember those that bought LXR's in '12 that didn't get a battery or electric start? 

I could go on all fucking day.....

All of those issues that I posted previously were well discussed on HCS at the time. I remember posting pictures constantly of sleds that I was working on that had those frequent issues. It was a mess. You have no credibility at all if you're trying to sugar coat the '12's. Those sleds gave Cat a HUGE black eye. Cat even took back some Turbos that year that they could not fix. 

The good news is that things improved for '13, and were great from '14 on....

Gates measurement.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

:owned:

speaking of credibility...  :thumbsup:

On 9/12/2023 at 10:19 PM, mnstang said:

finally had an opportunity to read this on a computer... interesting seeing and comparing hp/tq numbers in a full range and I see a few names some of us here know in the article.

would be interesting to see the similar testing done on a stock modern EPA sled.