Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 hours ago, krom said:

I'm sure jimwit will jump in and correct me, but despite him saying they will all be built in oct and nov...

of the sleds we have on order, the earliest production date (subject to change) is an M on 10-30. 

all of our 129's are showing second week of December.  trucking can add a few days to a couple of weeks (no rhyme or reason to how long it takes)

They told the folks at haydays that about 80 sleds a day get built now (assuming parts are available)

I am sure you are wrong and they build 562 a day with next day air shipping at no extra charge 

2 hours ago, krom said:

I'm sure jimwit will jump in and correct me, but despite him saying they will all be built in oct and nov...

of the sleds we have on order, the earliest production date (subject to change) is an M on 10-30. 

all of our 129's are showing second week of December.  trucking can add a few days to a couple of weeks (no rhyme or reason to how long it takes)

They told the folks at haydays that about 80 sleds a day get built now (assuming parts are available)

Holy shit, that is later then i thought, Didn't they use to build 300 + sleds a day?

Just now, wrinkly balls said:

Holy shit, that is later then i thought, Didn't they use to build 300 + sleds a day?

They can build up to 450. Assuming worker shortage and companies still playing the covid game. Very profitable I'll bet.

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am sure they were still in validation testing on the sound insulation for the full on production models. 

Do you just make shit up?  Sound insulation, rofl.  I'll give you a hint at full rpm you are hearing the intake noise dominate, not even the exhaust.  Yes they could design a different helmholtz resonance in the intake or pipe but that is not "sound insulation".  Hint #2, to stop sound you need mass.

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Also what elevation were they comparing too? A larger engine will have advantages in elevation. Comparing the poo 650 to the Cat at basically sea level, I thought the Cat more than held it's own. I rode them back to back pretty much.

Wrong....as usual.  Losses aren't determined by engine size.

• Like 1

Just now, mnstang said:

Well cat has lowest mass in class and the most centralized so that would explain the noise.  Because science.  But haters don't want to hear those inconvenient truths OOPS CDS 

Not at all.  Mass in the path of the sound.  Centralized and low sled weight are unrelated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Well cat has lowest mass in class and the most centralized so that would explain the noise.  Because science.  But haters don't want to hear those inconvenient truths OOPS CDS 

Then why isn't the XCR louder than a ProCross?

3 hours ago, krom said:

Maybe I shouldn’t have sold the 17 😂 give me an extra couple months to save for my $17k, $9500 sled though.

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

x4477

...I'd bet we've met

My favorite story of his was Willy with a Mod JLO on the Dyno pulling 39hp, A engineer from Germany was standing behind him upset saying you can't do that with our engines, as if on cue it seized. JLO immediately providing engines to Polaris and that was how Polaris ended up with Fuji as a supplier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

My favorite story of his was Willy with a Mod JLO on the Dyno pulling 39hp, A engineer from Germany was standing behind him upset saying you can't do that with our engines, as if on cue it seized. JLO immediately providing engines to Polaris and that was how Polaris ended up with Fuji as a supplier.

Fucking Germans.  "Vee didn't design it to do zat", "shtop!"

Edited by Deephaven

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I have an Aiwa cd carousel mini stereo

in the context of this discussion that makes no sense. I know what it takes to pass sound emission tests and some ways used to get false numbers. 

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Fucking Germans.  "Vee didn't design it to do zat", "shtop!"

They were so worried about their reliability reputation, the first Fuji was an exact clone of the 372, other than a tin fan housing.