Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

but are they actually flat out lying like rick? if so then i'd agree, but i dont personally see that

I don't know if they're flat outlying but they're playing tricks, being deceitful.

Their Hercules helix they say will drop belt temps 40 degrees.  I would bet that their helix with the same angle as what came out will not meet that claim.  That's probably after playing around and finding a better angle that suits that machine.  But it's not apples to apples then because you could likely find a regular helix in a different angle that drops temps a similar amount.  So that's a game/tactic that these guys use.  Flat out lie I don't know, but it's dishonest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

but are they actually flat out lying like rick? if so then i'd agree, but i dont personally see that

He did say he's clutched a catalyst to go 113 mph.  Leaving off the fact that it was a full mod sled turning 9500 rpm (don't know either way how much of the actual clutching he did)

5 minutes ago, krom said:

He did say he's clutched a catalyst to go 113 mph.  Leaving off the fact that it was a full mod sled turning 9500 rpm (don't know either way how much of the actual clutching he did)

well that is leaving info out, not claiming to win races you were never at. or having your son pretend to be a customer and review your products, or claim patents on thing when you've never actually applied for one, etc.
that's a special level of dirtbag

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, krom said:

I havent honestly looked - is it even possible with the gear ratios out there?

16 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I havent honestly looked - is it even possible with the gear ratios out there?

is there a real need for some more sprocket ratios? if there is, i'm sure we could put some in production

I'm going to drag my catalyst behind my car and claim with my tuning my stock catalyst goes 120 mph gps and then sell products and that won't be shady at all because it's not technically a lie.  Solid business model.

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

huh, wasn't your last/current? sled a Riot?

thought that was the direction you were going in the new buggy

I still have my 21 Riot.  The Catalyst was intended to replace my wife's sled, but she hasn't been able to try it yet.  I figured if she took the 137 ZR, then that would allow me to trade my ProCross Riot for a Catalyst Riot.

6 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Not exactly as exploded as the pics some people post but they do crack. Speedwerx cover looks to be the nicest all while being the cheapest option out there.

IMG_3241.thumb.jpeg.7b0c7c45b1b85ef639abeb157a9744a0.jpegIMG_3242.thumb.jpeg.d13b0a448b8f1cf1dcc42241cd275646.jpeg

That sucks. Any idea how that happened? 

2 of them!

Edited by jonlafon1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I'm going to drag my catalyst behind my car and claim with my tuning my stock catalyst goes 120 mph gps and then sell products and that won't be shady at all because it's not technically a lie.  Solid business model.

You could get ZR to be your marketing guy and probably make a fortune. He does have a degee you know.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yea it seems like its not every cover. As some get miles on bigger power sleds? These covers should be fine on lower power sleds. I just don't trust them personally, when I broke down the adapt the first time I was really concerned. The cover weights virtually nothing.   :dunno:

23 minutes ago, Premium said:

I'm wondering if we are seeing some variability in the casting batches.  I've got quite of few miles on my tuned turbo with an ADAPT. Zero issues so far.

Guessing your using a INCH pound torque wrench when installing. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Heat and being thin in that area I think

Maybe the towers and the cover not being flat and parallel with each other??

Appears to be more cracks circled in red

Screenshot_20240213_131920_Chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

Maybe the towers and the cover not being flat and parallel with each other??

Appears to be more cracks circled in red

Screenshot_20240213_131920_Chrome.jpg

That one cracked two covers in a day so we were actually thinking it may have been a tweaked tower as well. Not sure if the one going in towards the spider is a crack or not but the other circled area was also completely broken off just held in by the bolt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

kit.jpg

at TextronCat... we value your left foot

Is this what the race department has been working on?  Hmm?   I’m wondering if they should concentrate on the checkered flag and the mph to see that wave?  O well. Maybe we will see that pride and dominance again some day.  I really hope so. Bring that 858 strong cat. Get some. 

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

That one cracked two covers in a day so we were actually thinking it may have been a tweaked tower as well. Not sure if the one going in towards the spider is a crack or not but the other circled area was also completely broken off just held in by the bolt

These 998 harmonics are rattling everything to death?  Wondering if that’s why we see more on the thunder chickens than 2 smokes??  Harmonics do strange things!  

5 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I still have my 21 Riot.  The Catalyst was intended to replace my wife's sled, but she hasn't been able to try it yet.  I figured if she took the 137 ZR, then that would allow me to trade my ProCross Riot for a Catalyst Riot.

Now here is a man with a plan. I like that happy wife happy life.  O so true!  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

These 998 harmonics are rattling everything to death?  Wondering if that’s why we see more on the thunder chickens than 2 smokes??  Harmonics do strange things!  

998 issues are more than just harmonics imo, the stub shaft splined to the crank is just stupid...  It lets those harmonics hammer on the clutch like an impact. 

35 minutes ago, krom said:

998 issues are more than just harmonics imo, the stub shaft splined to the crank is just stupid...  It lets those harmonics hammer on the clutch like an impact. 

Yes I concur. The old style would be better. Not sure what they were thinking, but the motor sure runs good. Now the fad is the “ knockout kit”. lol.  Works for a few hundred miles. Basically grease quiets  them down.  I’ll pass. 

Edited by jonlafon1

1 hour ago, krom said:

On the original version of the motor, in the vectors, the crankshaft had an oil galley feeding the splines to quiet everything down. 

Then, they didn't 

29 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

On the original version of the motor, in the vectors, the crankshaft had an oil galley feeding the splines to quiet everything down. 

Then, they didn't 

you bother to do anything on the ones that have had the bearing/stub shaft walk into the engine throwing the offset out of whack?