Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I bought a Plain Jane ZR 137, but one of the other guys from the photo shoot bought a Riot.  He likes it so much that he wants another one for his wife, but that's about all I know.

huh, wasn't your last/current? sled a Riot?

thought that was the direction you were going in the new buggy

7 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

https://speedwerx.com/billet-aluminum-primary-clutch-cover-arctic-cat-adapt.html

Looks like another entry in the adapt clutch cover.

Exploding catalyst clutch covers are the new talk on fuck book and which aftermarket is the best? I guess Zach was so worried he was sent 2 magic covers after pine lake. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Exploding catalyst clutch covers are the new talk on fuck book and which aftermarket is the best? I guess Zach was so worried he was sent 2 magic covers after pine lake. 

https://bikemanperformance.com/bmp-procross-stage-2-clutch-kits.html

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I was surprised to see SW enter the market with one. I like the Thunder ones because you can adjust belt to sheave clearance as your belt wears, makes for butter smooth engagement. BUT I don't see that cover working with the limited room by the primary/panel on the catalyst. Exploding covers? Anyone have enough miles on these things to explode them?   

27 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

I was surprised to see SW enter the market with one. I like the Thunder ones because you can adjust belt to sheave clearance as your belt wears, makes for butter smooth engagement. BUT I don't see that cover working with the limited room by the primary/panel on the catalyst. Exploding covers? Anyone have enough miles on these things to explode them?   

You won’t be able to on the catalyst 911. Not enough room to clear the belly pan. He has them available for the catalyst now. You can also use the old cat/polaris springs with it he says 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

You won’t be able to on the catalyst 911. Not enough room to clear the belly pan. He has them available for the catalyst now. You can also use the old cat/polaris springs with it he says 

Been checking the thunder clutching site for months. Never saw anything? Not be finding the one for the adapt? I probably missed it on spacebook? I miss out on all the good info. o well

Edited by jonlafon1

5 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Been checking the thunder clutching site for months. Never saw anything? Not be finding the one for the adapt? I probably missed it on spacebook? I miss out on all the good info. o well

He just announced he has them available now on Facebook post. A few people had been running the prototypes because some of them posted they have them. Call the shop and they can get you one it appears. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

The adapt has been around since 2022 models.  Including thundercats and 8000.  But now the aftermarket is trying to invent all kinds of problems to fix since there's lots of excited catalyst owners eager to chuck money at them.

I have heard about cover issues before but I think they can manage 120 HP just fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The adapt has been around since 2022 models.  Including thundercats and 8000.  But now the aftermarket is trying to invent all kinds of problems to fix since there's lots of excited catalyst owners eager to chuck money at them.

I have heard about cover issues before but I think they can manage 120 HP just fine.

Tapp option?

@Tommcat 

Do 2s owners ever step up or is it primarily t4s guys upgrading?  pretty sure I already know the answer but... :dunno:

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Maybe they can handle a "average set up". Typically the covers are over torqued by individuals without the proper torque wrench, causing issues. I like a good cover that supports the towers FULLY and has a decent bushing in it. That's what's great about it , your free to choose to spend your money on a better product or settle for mediocre. 

The cover thing is bs..

Even the picture of the broken clutch thunder posted is one that had a weight go pat the roller, and explode, not something that was caused by a weak or faulty cover

• Like 1

I have run the 911 cover on my cat big pins with machined sheaves, blue printed and balanced. It made a difference in how much smoother the clutch shifted over a stock one. Was it needed?? Probably not but it did make a difference. I am sure any of the billet covers out now will do the same thing. I think the better bushings they are using in them makes them shift nicer over a factory cover more than anything. 

• Like 2

Guessing 95% of cover issues are from over torque. The towers on the adapt being moved in probably helps with tower flex SOME.. Aftermarket covers are posting BS pics I would agree. The billet covers do help with tower flex and bushing wear wear. Needed on a 130 hp machine probably not. I like piece of mind and the additional tower support.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Maybe they can handle a "average set up". Typically the covers are over torqued by individuals without the proper torque wrench, causing issues. I like a good cover that supports the towers FULLY and has a decent bushing in it. That's what's great about it , your free to choose to spend your money on a better product or settle for mediocre. 

I'm sure they can because they seem to be doing fine.

I really can't comment on failures as I'm not doing hands on investigations of broken adapt clutches.

That's cool.

Good to know.

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Tapp option?

@Tommcat 

Do 2s owners ever step up or is it primarily t4s guys upgrading?  pretty sure I already know the answer but... :dunno:

Not sure how big that clutch is but there may be clearance issues on a catalyst.  I'd doubt many people are running them on two strokes except for those people who don't settle for mediocre..

Tuned tcats seem to crack the covers around the ears the most. I’d put a cover on one of those but not needed for anything else imo. 

I’ve never seen Thunder really advertise before and I wish for his sake he’d go back to not doing it. He comes across wicked pushy and gimmicky especially when he tries to call out everyone else instead letting his product speak for itself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Tuned tcats seem to crack the covers around the ears the most. I’d put a cover on one of those but not needed for anything else imo. 

I’ve never seen Thunder really advertise before and I wish for his sake he’d go back to not doing it. He comes across wicked pushy and gimmicky especially when he tries to call out everyone else instead letting his product speak for itself.

Starting to remind me of northstar rick

• Like 1

Just now, jonlafon1 said:

When the juice is turned up especially. 

I see we have graduated from jack shafts and belts, to cracked covers on a juiced up boat anchor. The after market would be better off doing a free tune included in the purchase of all the drive line parts to support 250+ hp 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

They have a history of really over promising and over hyping some things.  Even if you read through their products they make everything they sell sound like it's earth shattering stuff with zero downsides and massively huge gains.  I see their FB posts, reputable companies aren't doing that stuff you don't see any of them constantly promoting and posting their supposed test data, sometime also throwing shade about "the other guys".  Comes off as sleezy.  IMO they are worse than nsp Rick in the big claims talk and big head department.

14 minutes ago, mnstang said:

They have a history of really over promising and over hyping some things.  Even if you read through their products they make everything they sell sound like it's earth shattering stuff with zero downsides and massively huge gains.  I see their FB posts, reputable companies aren't doing that stuff you don't see any of them constantly promoting and posting their supposed test data, sometime also throwing shade about "the other guys".  Comes off as sleezy.  IMO they are worse than nsp Rick in the big claims talk and big head department.

you see him bragging on TY around a year ago about how he was working with AC on the catalyst clutching, and the huge improvements he made to it?

Edited by krom

1 minute ago, krom said:

you see him bragging on TY around a year ago about how he was working with AC on the catalyst clutching, and the huge improvements he made to it?

No but it doesn't surprise me.  Those guys are that type.  Everything they do is so revolutionary.. game changing, light years ahead of anything else, always at the forefront.  They really sell it well if you don't know any better.  They had me going on some carb miracle products a while back.  Everything you read on their site made it sound so revolutionary and awesome like it was the best thing ever with zero downsides.  Until you search old forums and most people could never get them to run right and lots of people blew up their shit, very very few people echod anything close to the claims.  Not all their stuff is bad but you don't know with those guys and I'd rather support a more modest and professional company that lets results speak.

• Haha 1