Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

They don't need flaps..

PXL_20240105_231227653.jpg

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

are you going to Alaska soon? 

:roflcrying:

@AK440 claims he has a ton of snow, even though he refuses to post a picture of it.  Least he could do would be provide lodging 

Edited by krom

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I had to leave the one Catalyst group.

I can't do those FB groups. My head explodes every time I try to. Any moron can post anything regardless of whether they know anything or not. There is so much bad information passed, and so many uneducated snowmobilers, that I simply can't do it. 

• Like 1

I've left a few and have been removed from a pair.

I guess when someone asked how to make their shitbox wheelie, cut the limiter straps wasn't the answer...

It is even worse now, the book has an anonymous posting feature.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I can't do those FB groups. My head explodes every time I try to. Any moron can post anything regardless of whether they know anything or not. There is so much bad information passed, and so many uneducated snowmobilers, that I simply can't do it. 

Same here ... for the most part anyway.  I rarely reply to topics in the FB groups - it's more so about the entertainment some of them provide.

26 minutes ago, krom said:

@AK440 claims he has a ton of snow, even though he refuses to post a picture of it.  Least he could do would be provide lodging 

he's still gutted over the demise of Yamaha and lashing out at everyone over it. 

poor Bontz... :lol:

Same here with FB.  Bikeman got sick of me asking what test they did that their cans were at an acceptable level on the trails.  Never once did they take me up on an offer to talk to our landowners and answer the questions when I'd get asked how come some sleds are loud and wake them up.  All of a sudden I can nolonger access that page :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

The land of the never rising sun?  A guy can dream..

the sun thing is regional as well

it's always sunny at AKs trailer 

• Haha 2

Just now, Doug said:

Same here with FB.  Bikeman got sick of me asking what test they did that their cans were at an exceptable level on the trails.  Never once did they take me up on an offer to talk to our landowners and answer the questions when I'd get asked how come some sleds are loud and wake them up.  All of a sudden I can nolonger access that page :dunno:

none of them are willing to do DB testing... because they claim the certification costs so much.  I say bullshit... 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

none of them are willing to do DB testing... because they claim the certification costs so much.  I say bullshit... 

Then don't put "At an acceptable level" in your advertising.  They also didn’t like that response.

• Like 1

Just now, Doug said:

Then don't put "At an acceptable level" in your advertising.  They also didn’t like that response.

I questioned a well known performance companies claim via email a couple years ago... 'we don't because of the costs associated' was the canned (pun) reply.  

I look at it this way... everyone of these manufacturers regardless of brand fits a muffler (MUFFLER) that meets the specifications they are required to while delivering as much performance as they possibly can (pun) and if an aftermarket manufacturer could wouldn't they be screaming from the mountain tops that they did?  

this being said and being truthful, IDK if the aftermarket muffler (not a can) on my not close to stock sled would pass a DB test... probably right on the ragged edge if it does.  when I'm on it I try to be as mindful as possible as I don't want attention from land owners or Leo's.  

the douche nozzles with race cans and mountain cans... those are the ones I detest. 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I questioned a well known performance companies claim via email a couple years ago... 'we don't because of the costs associated' was the canned (pun) reply.  

I look at it this way... everyone of these manufacturers regardless of brand fits a muffler (MUFFLER) that meets the specifications they are required to while delivering as much performance as they possibly can (pun) and if an aftermarket manufacturer could wouldn't they be screaming from the mountain tops that they did?  

this being said and being truthful, IDK if the aftermarket muffler (not a can) on my not close to stock sled would pass a DB test... probably right on the ragged edge if it does.  when I'm on it I try to be as mindful as possible as I don't want attention from land owners or Leo's.  

the douche nozzles with race cans and mountain cans... those are the ones I detest. 

I piss land owners off with the loud bang of ctech cranks failing 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

On come on, none of them "get on it" around houses or in town!

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

On come on, none of them "get on it" around houses or in town!

right... or a bar, gas station or anywhere they want to get noticed.  

• Thanks 1

Got a nice cover on today!  I have been running thunder 911 covers for ever. Went with this one from PRECISION. Thinking this will support the towers way better than the potato chip stocker. The one photo is the stock cover on top of billet.  

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Got a nice cover on today!  I have been running thunder 911 covers for ever. Went with this one from PRECISION. Thinking this will support the towers way better than the potato chip stocker. The one photo is the stock cover on top of billet.  

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

That looks like it will be tight in catalyst body work ..

Are you going to get it balanced with the new cover?

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That looks like it will be tight in catalyst body work ..

Are you going to get it balanced with the new cover?

I usually do have thunder balance them. But this year I’m going without. I’ll let you know about how it fits.  Not to worried. 

12 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

Not a bad price on it. 

2 hours ago, krom said:

I’ve post two photos of my snow conditions. I can’t help that you’re too stupid to notice. :news:

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That's because none of them pass.  The expense is two fold.  First it has to be every version of every model it fits and second it has to pass.  Most of the manufacturers units won't pass on good snow.  They do a lot of testing in contrived conditions to make sure that they can eek out the last bit of flow and still pass.  It's made worse in that at higher rpm the intake noise actually dominates so no matter what you do if you have any constructive audio signal from the pipe at that point you won't pass.

• Like 2

I should clarify on the second expense.  The redesign when it fails and understanding why it failed in that model is brutal to track down.  Modeling acoustic noise is an art as much as it is a science and the aftermarket suppliers have no one that understands any of it.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2024 at 7:46 PM, jonlafon1 said:

I usually do have thunder balance them. But this year I’m going without. I’ll let you know about how it fits.  Not to worried. 

Get one of these's as a quick check.  Use this when I rebuild clutches

20240106_112043.jpg

balancer.jpg

• Like 1