Check your account email address ×

Yeah ... sign me up for an EV truck

Take the amount of money that you feel your time is worth, and multiply that by the amount of wasted hours sitting and waiting for a bar graph to slowly creep across the dash to 100%.

You seriously have to be a special kind of idiot....

Just now, Snake said:

Take the amount of money that you feel your time is worth, and multiply that by the amount of wasted hours sitting and waiting for a bar graph to slowly creep across the dash to 100%.

You seriously have to be a special kind of idiot....

Yes you would need to be an idiot to attempt to use the completely wrong tool for a very long and tedious job. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes you would need to be an idiot to attempt to use the completely wrong tool for a very long and tedious job. 

I agree. Use you $80k truck to haul a yard of dirt to level your lawn....  just make sure it's local... :lol:

• Haha 3

The last thing in the world my X5M is, is a towing machine. But it has a tow rating of 6k pounds. I could have made the trip in half the time, minimum, in a vehicle not designed for towing.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I agree. Use you $80k truck to haul a yard of dirt to level your lawn....  just make sure it's local... :lol:

That truck would be very useful for plenty of people , myself included at times. It is not useful to haul things long distances. 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

That truck would be very useful for plenty of people , myself included at times. It is not useful to haul things long distances. 

Do you borrow someone's $80k Ford 3/4 ton to do the job when the need arises?

45 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Why not stop at the hitch store and fit the Ford with a hitch and tow the virtue signaling express home 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

As usfull as any other worthless pos with a 54 inch box I guess 

3 minutes ago, Doorider said:

So they bought the wrong tool for the job, then blamed the tool? 

It's amazing how many have been brainwashed enough into this global warming scam that would make them go out and purchase said vehicle all in the name of protecting the environment. Some are slow I guess, but it sounds like many are now starting to see the sham it is. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, irv said:

It's amazing how many have been brainwashed enough into this global warming scam that would make them go out and purchase said vehicle all in the name of protecting the environment. Some are slow I guess, but it sounds like many are now starting to see the sham it is. 

My brother got his EV because it's much cheaper to operate than his gas truck going to work and the cabin. He's never mentioned having it to save the environment. It's no different than someone who uses a smart car to commute.

12 minutes ago, joe_zrt said:

I guess it beat out the lightning for towing range by 15 miles :lol:

"Just stay in the hotel with the charging stations... is that so hard?"

It's amazing the excuses and rationale these people try to foist on people...

The worste part is attempting to force something on everyone that just isn't ready. When battery technology gets to the point of equal range and equal "fill up" time at the station as a ICE, I have no doubt ICE will go away quickly for light passenger vehicles. 

• Like 2

The government will give you vacation credits at your employer to take your family on vacations in a EV because of the additional time to get to your destination.

• Haha 1

When they make Airforce #1 & Airforce #2 100% electric put the President in #1 and the V.P. in #2 and send them on nonstop flights around the world I might buy into the electric vehicle stuff........ Might........ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

When they make Airforce #1 & Airforce #2 100% electric put the President in #1 and the V.P. in #2 and send them on nonstop flights around the world I might buy into the electric vehicle stuff........ Might........ 

literally impossible with current technology