Check your account email address ×

Is Tesla swirling the drain?

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You are one of the sheep.  Not saying it wasn't the right choice for you, but it is not a good car.  It is fine for what it does but when competing with a real car it looks really bad.

Not really.  It’s a stellar car that most others are trying to emulate

• Haha 1

Buddy of mine has a Model 3 dual motor that he commutes in and uses to drive between WI and MI. In 150k miles it's only needed wiper blades, washer fluid, and tires. It's by far the best car he's ever owned. 

The number of Teslas I see in AZ is staggering. The model 3 is like the Taurus was in 1996.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Audi’s are routinely ranked near last on quality and reliability among car brands. Just for shits and giggles i looked up the etron on jd power and ya just as I thought not good. Horrible cars I’ll look at the nice design as I walk by.F6BD3D3C-7A3D-47E1-BA52-BBF44EB4A376.thumb.png.7b507b2c6d6196e93cc16810073d4785.png32396328-8943-449A-8D7A-BFC6B0AEA145.thumb.png.161cca3af4be7962966bedfa1cddad1d.png

Look at all the Korean and Japanese vehicles on top of that list

7 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Audi’s are routinely ranked near last on quality and reliability among car brands. Just for shits and giggles i looked up the etron on jd power and ya just as I thought not good. Horrible cars I’ll look at the nice design as I walk by.F6BD3D3C-7A3D-47E1-BA52-BBF44EB4A376.thumb.png.7b507b2c6d6196e93cc16810073d4785.png32396328-8943-449A-8D7A-BFC6B0AEA145.thumb.png.161cca3af4be7962966bedfa1cddad1d.png

Some weird rankings there based on my experiences.  Ram near last?  It won truck of the year 3 years in a row, mine has been stellar.  My 750 BMW was in the shop every couple months when I owned it, thankfully under warranty.  I'd never own one out of warranty.  My wife and I have had 4 Mercedes and they've all been stellar.  Porsche near the top?  I'm doubting that.  At least for people who put normal amounts of miles on them.  And unless Acura managment has totally lost their shit, how can they be near the bottom, they've always been Toyota/Lexus/Honda reliable and quality imo.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Buddy of mine has a Model 3 dual motor that he commutes in and uses to drive between WI and MI. In 150k miles it's only needed wiper blades, washer fluid, and tires. It's by far the best car he's ever owned. 

The number of Teslas I see in AZ is staggering. The model 3 is like the Taurus was in 1996.

Yup....everywhere here as well

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Look at all the Korean and Japanese vehicles on top of that list

It's not a car for me but my brother loves his Kia Teluride.....coming from a Toyota with 420k miles pretty much trouble free

7 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Some surprises in that list....I know EV's aren't really factored in..might be forced roo eventually,.but I am no where near ready to get one

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Some weird rankings there based on my experiences.  Ram near last?  It won truck of the year 3 years in a row, mine has been stellar.  My 750 BMW was in the shop every couple months when I owned it, thankfully under warranty.  I'd never own one out of warranty.  My wife and I have had 4 Mercedes and they've all been stellar.  Porsche near the top?  I'm doubting that.  At least for people who put normal amounts of miles on them.  And unless Acura managment has totally lost their shit, how can they be near the bottom, they've always been Toyota/Lexus/Honda reliable and quality imo.

I was surprised to see that also. The 2 rams I own have been almost flawless. Every GMC truck I have owned I have had to replace fuel pumps, window motors, other misc electronics. My 2015 ram still has all of that original stuff. No complaints

23 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It's not a car for me but my brother loves his Kia Teluride.....coming from a Toyota with 420k miles pretty much trouble free

Some surprises in that list....I know EV's aren't really factored in..might be forced roo eventually,.but I am no where near ready to get one

Those Tellurides are nice looking rigs.👍🏼

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was surprised to see that also. The 2 rams I own have been almost flawless. Every GMC truck I have owned I have had to replace fuel pumps, window motors, other misc electronics. My 2015 ram still has all of that original stuff. No complaints

I don't get that either??? My 13 Ram, as I've stated more than a few times here, has been the best truck I have owned. My previous GM's and Chevy's all had problems that shouldn't have arose with the amount of miles on them at the time. 

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Not really.  It’s a stellar car that most others are trying to emulate

Not at all.  It fits a niche better than any other car, but the car itself is a piece of shit.  Just look at how many have to go back to have the seals fixed since they leak water.  This is an 80's problem, not a modern day.  What goes wrong with Tesla's shouldn't go wrong with any car.  The battery/e-motor and such are fine.  It is the car part that fails miserably.

• Gold Member
48 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Some strange ones for sure. Porsche was a big one for me that seemed way to high. Ram or dodge/Chrysler have always had more issues than the other big two so that wasn’t much of a surprise to me but I do know many ram owners love them and if personally take a ram over a Chevy/gmc currently. Bmw and Mercedes are on another level over Audi not even close. My moms x5 was flawless my dads a5 was the biggest piece of shit he said he’s owned sense a Chrysler Lebaron back in the day. The thing burned a quart of oil a week and the Audi dealer claimed it was normal and fine. He traded it with just over 50k.

55 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

My mom traded her x5 for a genesis gv70 last year after I told her about it. She was reluctant to buy it but after driving it and some convincing on my part she got it and loves it.

Three factors here that I see would lessen the consumer base for tesla.

First Tesla now has to play by the same rules as the other car manufactures.  Tax Breaks are slowly going away so it makes them less desirable.

Next you have the novelty of owning a telsa slowly fading.

Third, Musk acquired twitter and liberals are turning on him. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Three factors here that I see would lessen the consumer base for tesla.

First Tesla now has to play by the same rules as the other car manufactures.  Tax Breaks are slowly going away so it makes them less desirable.

Next you have the novelty of owning a telsa slowly fading.

Third, Musk acquired twitter and liberals are turning on him. 

Are there enough GOP’ers to save Tesla. 

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, spin_dry said:

Chrysler and Jaguar got better quality ratings by JD Powers. Only Range Rover and Alpha Romero were worse than Tesla. That’s pretty sad. 

Now all those yrs jacking off over them and him . Must be Sort of like another divorce for you emotionally 

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Are you saying GOP’ers are gonna save it? 

They won't have to one of the big 3 will eventually buy them out . You know the plan of every start up ever no matter how big they get 

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

They won't have to one of the big 3 will eventually buy them out . You know the plan of every start up ever no matter how big they get 

No way the big 3 will.  There is nothing for them to gain.  They are interested in the battery side....but Musk won't sell that to them.  The car side will be bought by the Chinese or someone else who thinks a name will help them penetrate America.

46 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

No way the big 3 will.  There is nothing for them to gain.  They are interested in the battery side....but Musk won't sell that to them.  The car side will be bought by the Chinese or someone else who thinks a name will help them penetrate America.

Musk is closely aligned with the Chinese government so that’s a real possibility. Especially with the mess Elon got himself into with this twitter fiasco. 

And the fact that the Chinese switched all automotive development to EV only YEARS ago.  No one here will buy a Chinese car...unless it is labeled a Tesla then the stupid blind sheep will just keep eating that shit up.

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And the fact that the Chinese switched all automotive development to EV only YEARS ago.  No one here will buy a Chinese car...unless it is labeled a Tesla then the stupid blind sheep will just keep eating that shit up.

And those same blind sheep will cheer our government to bail out Tesla so the Chinese don't get the technology that tesla has......just like the useful idiots did when we had to bail out the other automakers.