Check your account email address ×

Is Tesla swirling the drain?

1 hour ago, hayward said:

there are many on the road.  Here.

He’s pretty much had a captive audience until recently. I drove and rode in the new Ford lightening two weeks ago. Elon better watch out. 

Edited by spin_dry

Tesla has several advantages over the big autos. 

1. Tesla still leads in tech

2. Has battery market cornered

3. Doesn't have union legacy costs and bullshit and uses more robotic assembly

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Tesla has several advantages over the big autos. 

1. Tesla still leads in tech

2. Has battery market cornered

3. Doesn't have union legacy costs and bullshit and uses more robotic assembly

Don't forget the biggest weakness.  Musk is an amazing cheap ass willing to cut all sorts of corners.  Tour their engineering and then ANY other car company and you will NEVER buy a Tesla.  

Another clarification.  They do not lead in tech.  Their infotainment is awful and the auto drive is behind a few others.  Their batter range tech isn't leading either.

28 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Don't forget the biggest weakness.  Musk is an amazing cheap ass willing to cut all sorts of corners.  Tour their engineering and then ANY other car company and you will NEVER buy a Tesla.  

Another clarification.  They do not lead in tech.  Their infotainment is awful and the auto drive is behind a few others.  Their batter range tech isn't leading either.

Chrysler and Jaguar got better quality ratings by JD Powers. Only Range Rover and Alpha Romero were worse than Tesla. That’s pretty sad. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Chrysler and Jaguar got better quality ratings by JD Powers. Only Range Rover and Alpha Romero were worse than Tesla. That’s pretty sad. 

Again visit them and you will NEVER buy.  It is shameful for a 1990 Corolla.  Seriously crap assembly and the engineering is super cut corners and suspect.

42 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

And I would still take it over a Ford or GM.

I’ve been impressed by the quality of my Transit. The cost of parts are quite a bit cheaper compared to Toyota. In some cases 1/2 price and much more available. 

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Again visit them and you will NEVER buy.  It is shameful for a 1990 Corolla.  Seriously crap assembly and the engineering is super cut corners and suspect.

Ford’s Lightening is going to decimate the completion. It’s really good. If I were in the hunt for an EV, that’s the one I’d buy. 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It’s awesome to see the woke crying about Tesla, their former flagship vehicle. What’s the new woke vehicle?

They’ve always been cool with forward thinking ideas. It’s the workmanship and quality that sucks. The Plaid remains the most insane vehicle in the world. 

Look at an Audi etron GT RS, a blind man 👨‍🦯 could see the differences in quality and design.  Get in it and drive it, you won't look back at an American car again.

41 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Tesla is more profitable then GM or Ford.  Most profitable North America auto manufacturer.  

https://www.thestreet.com/.amp/technology/tesla-snatches-a-coveted-relic-from-gm-and-ford

Doesn't give them the excuse to release a piling heap of shit for a car....and that of course will change your quote above.  The sheep just have to look at another option and Tesla is done.

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Doesn't give them the excuse to release a piling heap of shit for a car....and that of course will change your quote above.  The sheep just have to look at another option and Tesla is done.

5 months with my Tesla and it’s a solid car.  Friend has a Mach E which is nice as well.

Tesla will be the #1 profitable North America manufacture for some time.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

5 months with my Tesla and it’s a solid car.  Friend has a Mach E which is nice as well.

Tesla will be the #1 profitable North America manufacture for some time.

You are one of the sheep.  Not saying it wasn't the right choice for you, but it is not a good car.  It is fine for what it does but when competing with a real car it looks really bad.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, ICG said:

Look at an Audi etron GT RS, a blind man 👨‍🦯 could see the differences in quality and design.  Get in it and drive it, you won't look back at an American car again.

Audi’s are routinely ranked near last on quality and reliability among car brands. Just for shits and giggles i looked up the etron on jd power and ya just as I thought not good. Horrible cars I’ll look at the nice design as I walk by.F6BD3D3C-7A3D-47E1-BA52-BBF44EB4A376.thumb.png.7b507b2c6d6196e93cc16810073d4785.png32396328-8943-449A-8D7A-BFC6B0AEA145.thumb.png.161cca3af4be7962966bedfa1cddad1d.png