Check your account email address ×

Markets.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Damn what a bloodbath.   Was thinking getting back in but I think they might go down another 25% this year. 

Im completely out except for one biotech but looking for an exit on that one soon. Way too much uncertainty for me. I'm actually surprised it has held up as well as it has. Pretty sure if we actually enter a recession it's going to dive.... like 2008

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Im completely out except for one biotech but looking for an exit on that one soon. Way too much uncertainty for me. I'm actually surprised it has held up as well as it has. Pretty sure if we actually enter a recession it's going to dive.... like 2008

I highly doubt that, you won't see a recession that severe in this country for a long time. The banking industry and politicians will have to develop amnesia again some time in the future before a Great Recession ever happens again.

14 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I highly doubt that, you won't see a recession that severe in this country for a long time. The banking industry and politicians will have to develop amnesia again some time in the future before a Great Recession ever happens again.

Maybe it won't be as bad as 2008... I got my ass handed to me then but if we go another quarter of contracted GDP..... we officially enter recession territory.

Well double digit inflation and the possibility of a major war kinda makes the markets nervous. The DOW is till over 30k which was a pipe dream not too long ago. 

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well double digit inflation and the possibility of a major war kinda makes the markets nervous. The DOW is till over 30k which was a pipe dream not too long ago. 

It's gonna be brutal.

34 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Maybe it won't be as bad as 2008... I got my ass handed to me then but if we go another quarter of contracted GDP..... we officially enter recession territory.

Umm it has the groundwork to make that look like child's play.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I could have made more money in the market but it wasn't worth the worry.

It’s definitely not fun looking at your portfolio on days like today. But risk = reward, or so they say.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Exactly.  Invest in companies you know are going to be around for a long time and have paid long term rising dividends.  Even when the markets are down, the dividends reinvesting are buying more shares and the income they produce goes up.  Regardless of stock price.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Exactly.  Invest in companies you know are going to be around for a long time and have paid long term rising dividends.  Even when the markets are down, the dividends reinvesting are buying more shares and the income they produce goes up.  Regardless of stock price.

Passive index investing is currently not the way.  The bold is solid advice right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

It’s definitely not fun looking at your portfolio on days like today. But risk = reward, or so they say.

Tell us what you think the markets will do over the next 12 months.

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It certainly wasn't an exclusive club, just about everybody got their ass handed to them, some worse than others.

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

You musta had a rough day today. A lot of panic phone calls, I bet.  :bc:

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Anyone check in on snotty? hopefully he isnt swinging from a rope in his barn.

Actually, I was eye-ballin' the garage roof, and the chicken coop roof today, tryin' to figure out which one would be quickest. 

It's the chicken coop.