Check your account email address ×

Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

15 minutes ago, krom said:

Polaris had more revisions to the first year dragon 800, than cat has had on all 800 engines since 2003 combined.

Lets not forget that there was a single remap to the gen 1 ct2 800 to fix a rich issue causing flames from the exhaust, and 0 revisions for longevity or durability.

Gen II came about in 2020 to lower emissions, and was/is more reliable than any year 800, or 840 poo.

Somewhere after that a beancounter at textron, or QC managed to screw the pooch, and the "great deal" they got on injectors didn't turn out too well. 

That combined with the jerk-offs at team changing the spider shimming to try and keep their junk clutches from getting hot and exploding (over-revving, doesn't help)

Causing a higher percentage of engine failures than any other AC product in the last 20 years. 

Still not as high as any poo engine over 600 cc, but higher than what AC riders have come to expect...

AC released a flash to fix it, and is putting complete engines in any sled that has an issue.

Or the changing of the injectors and piston design for Arctic cat.  LOL a reflash of engine design. To bad the joint design efforts on the clutches also failed for Arctic cat

Today is kind of a sad day in our riding group.  The lone Arctic Cat rider we had left in our group sold his sled and will be on a Polaris or Ski-Doo.  

Good luck in the future.  

Edited by Doug

6 minutes ago, Doug said:

Or the changing of the injectors and piston design for Arctic cat.  LOL a reflash of engine design. To bad the joint design efforts on the clutches also failed for Arctic cat

Today is kind of a sad day in our riding group.  The lone Arctic Cat rider we had left in our group sold his sled and will be on a Polaris or Ski-Doo.  

Good luck in the future.  

first year poo 800 had at least 3 complete top end re-designs as updates..  pistons/cylinders/head.

Eventually they changed the cases, and the rest of the countless re-designes parts no longer fit the original bottom end, so they told those owners to pound sand.

2 minutes ago, krom said:

first year poo 800 had at least 3 complete top end re-designs as updates..  pistons/cylinders/head.

Eventually they changed the cases, and the rest of the countless re-designes parts no longer fit the original bottom end, so they told those owners to pound sand.

Oh Krom you need to put the caps on the chemicals you use when your clean the toilets.  It's effecting your thought process again.

Good luck in the future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Oh Krom you need to put the caps on the chemicals you use when your clean the toilets.  It's effecting your thought process again.

Good luck in the future.

Kind of a weird way to respond to facts

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Krom has to pull out the mid 2000's to defend the Ctec.  Rofl.  The Ctec 8 is still a POS. 

Krom pointed out that every single poo engine over 600 is hot garbage, including the mid 200's 800, every year 840, even the new 650's are blowing up, and fouling plugs

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I don't know that there was ever a better 800 class engine than the Suzuki 800. It was the benchmark that everyone was striving to beat. Bulletproof. Versus the flame thrower 800 that goes down that dealers can't get parts for half of the time?

Cat's 600 has a great track record. The C-tec2 800 has had how many reflashes and revisions in it's short lifespan thus far?

Seems that they all make a great 600 class sleds. 

16 hours ago, Badger** said:

Let me know when I should quit. 2022

Dam Badger surprised you actually have a pic of one on the trail.  Seems they're one snowcheck away from being extinct.  Your not creeping all the forums and Facebook pages to find these pics like some janitor are you?  😂🤣

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

Where are you guys getting all these pics of the Cats, there are next to none where I ride. Most of the Cat guys in my area are now on Doo or Poo. Guess it doesn't help that 3 dealers in the area packed it in.

It's funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing until yesterday, son and I rode to Jake's in Port Loring, saw lots of Cat's for a change, but mostly older stuff. Our local Cat dealer gave up sleds a few years ago when they Textron awarded  ATV's to his competitor down the road

This entire thread and the vast majority of the comments is further proof that BRP is 'winning'.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:57 AM, Ziemann said:

I don't know that there was ever a better 800 class engine than the Suzuki 800. It was the benchmark that everyone was striving to beat. Bulletproof. Versus the flame thrower 800 that goes down that dealers can't get parts for half of the time?

Cat's 600 has a great track record. The C-tec2 800 has had how many reflashes and revisions in it's short lifespan thus far?

From what I've heard, the ct8000 performs better when it's not overheating, shooting flames, burning down top ends or running into a mid-range bog.  The zuke, stone cold reliability, which to people that like to actually ride is rather important.  The reliability of the zuke is part of what's made the ct8000 look like a stink bomb.   Friend of a friend here has done two top ends, maybe three? on his 19.  Had a coolant leak in one jug, sent me some pics before sending it off to an engine guy I trust... porous absolute shit casting.  

If buying a new Cat in the past five years, the 6000 is the safe bet, but down 5hp to the competition.  :lol:

22 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

I guess i would be #4. I've had 2014, 2015,2017,2019 Ctec 600's and they have all been excellent engines. Good on fuel and crazy good on oil!!!!!Would never go back to a zuke!!!

but, would you buy an 8000 ?

22 hours ago, krom said:

Polaris had more revisions to the first year dragon 800, than cat has had on all 800 engines since 2003 combined.

Lets not forget that there was a single remap to the gen 1 ct2 800 to fix a rich issue causing flames from the exhaust, and 0 revisions for longevity or durability.

Gen II came about in 2020 to lower emissions, and was/is more reliable than any year 800, or 840 poo.

Somewhere after that a beancounter at textron, or QC managed to screw the pooch, and the "great deal" they got on injectors didn't turn out too well. 

That combined with the jerk-offs at team changing the spider shimming to try and keep their junk clutches from getting hot and exploding (over-revving, doesn't help)

Causing a higher percentage of engine failures than any other AC product in the last 20 years. 

Still not as high as any poo engine over 600 cc, but higher than what AC riders have come to expect...

AC released a flash to fix it, and is putting complete engines in any sled that has an issue.

you forgot they didn't put a better pipe on the 2020 and up because that costs money

just sayin ;) 

17 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Seems that they all make a great 600 class sleds. 

right!

all three manu's EPA friendly 600's have been trustworthy and reliable for quite some time

jury is still out on the Poo 650 but I'd wager they'll get it dialed in before the CT8000  

21 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

It's funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing until yesterday, son and I rode to Jake's in Port Loring, saw lots of Cat's for a change, but mostly older stuff. Our local Cat dealer gave up sleds a few years ago when they Textron awarded  ATV's to his competitor down the road

Yes, I see a few old ones around but they could be 2022's:D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Pretty much what poo has done. Same for doo. Change the plastic and call it all new. To funny! 

well, I don't completely disagree with you and on that note Cat hasn't changed jack shit cosmetically since 2018

they need imo, an updated skid (have patent for one), revised seating position and seat, new plastics, graphics Cat fans appreciate, they already have good lighting, and to shed a few lbs of unecessary weight.  they also need to start selling the 6000 & 8000 RXC to the public imo, as Doo does with the XRS and Poo does with the XCR.   Save the Luxury shit for the Limited models.   Dump this RR (racer replica) moniker ffs... as they have little to nothing to do with the SX or XC sled.  reminds me of the type of people that buy an imitation Rolex... :lol:

where the PC lacks (but is smart for manufacturing) is being a one size fits all chassis from the 600, 800, 998 perspective.  Poo gets away with less because they are all 2S sleds, and Doo has two platforms... one for 2S & one for 4S.  

that's fair and constructive criticism, what's yours?  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr