Check your account email address ×

Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, I don't completely disagree with you and on that note Cat hasn't changed jack shit cosmetically since 2018

they need imo, an updated skid (have patent for one), revised seating position and seat, new plastics, graphics Cat fans appreciate, they already have good lighting, and to shed a few lbs of unecessary weight.  they also need to start selling the 6000 & 8000 RXC to the public imo, as Doo does with the XRS and Poo does with the XCR.   Save the Luxury shit for the Limited models.   Dump this RR (racer replica) moniker ffs... as they have little to nothing to do with the SX or XC sled.  reminds me of the type of people that buy an imitation Rolex... :lol:

where the PC lacks (but is smart for manufacturing) is being a one size fits all chassis from the 600, 800, 998 perspective.  Poo gets away with less because they are all 2S sleds, and Doo has two platforms... one for 2S & one for 4S.  

that's fair and constructive criticism, what's yours?  

I like the seating position. Seat coild be a little firmer but I'm fine either way. Not really caring much if they call it RR or RXC. Still Cats best shock package. Only missing atac. I no longer ditch bang or race my buddies down the trail. I just trail ride. I'm 55 today and it hurts to crash plus I dont like wrecking my sleds. That's my take. Graphics? Cant see them when your riding. Am fine with the ones on my 2018 and love the RR Graphics.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, I don't completely disagree with you and on that note Cat hasn't changed jack shit cosmetically since 2018

they need imo, an updated skid (have patent for one), revised seating position and seat, new plastics, graphics Cat fans appreciate, they already have good lighting, and to shed a few lbs of unecessary weight.  they also need to start selling the 6000 & 8000 RXC to the public imo, as Doo does with the XRS and Poo does with the XCR.   Save the Luxury shit for the Limited models.   Dump this RR (racer replica) moniker ffs... as they have little to nothing to do with the SX or XC sled.  reminds me of the type of people that buy an imitation Rolex... :lol:

where the PC lacks (but is smart for manufacturing) is being a one size fits all chassis from the 600, 800, 998 perspective.  Poo gets away with less because they are all 2S sleds, and Doo has two platforms... one for 2S & one for 4S.  

that's fair and constructive criticism, what's yours?  

I fully agree with everything you say, including the 800 RXC, no e start base gauge exact same valving as the 600 racers.

But…… the Cat RR is light years closer to an RXC, than an XCR is to their race sled, the XRS is direct competition to XC poo’s and limited Cats they’re a joke and the “competition XRS” is still softer than an RR

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

I like the seating position. Seat coild be a little firmer but I'm fine either way. Not really caring much if they call it RR or RXC. Still Cats best shock package. Only missing atac. I no longer ditch bang or race my buddies down the trail. I just trail ride. I'm 55 today and it hurts to crash plus I dont like wrecking my sleds. That's my take. Graphics? Cant see them when your riding. Am fine with the ones on my 2018 and love the RR Graphics.

@Not greg b's 19 RR 8000 I rode had a mushy seat, handled well but he upgraded to the newer front end and it had aftermarket skis.  I primarily trail ride in tight and twisty stuff and appreciated the front end.  Can't comment too much on the skid because he was riding it on the north side of Merrill whoop section.  It also overheated... several times that night?  Partially because we were driving around downtown on blacktop and partially because it had an air bubble.  I'll be 52 in a couple weeks, am a total man child, prefer my Sno Pro's over the Procross and it's going to take something much better from Cat (in my opinion) to get me off them.  I honestly don't dislike the way the 18 and up look, in fact they look the most like a traditional snowmobile if that makes sense.  What matters (again, my opinion) for Cat to be successful and still be a player in the game is to introduce some 'newness' as SALES ultimately dictate the success or demise of a company... or in this case branch of a major corporation.  The same old (in the eyes of most consumers) 2012 Procross isn't driving people to the dealerships and plunking their $ down on Arctic Cat snowmobiles.  They need a change, not a radical change from a winning formula... just improved change people will pay for.     

25 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I fully agree with everything you say, including the 800 RXC, no e start base gauge exact same valving as the 600 racers.

But…… the Cat RR is light years closer to an RXC, than an XCR is to their race sled, the XRS is direct competition to XC poo’s and limited Cats they’re a joke and the “competition XRS” is still softer than an RR

Good, otb:lol:

and make e-start an option on that one

the XCR is very close to the new 'Cross Country' but not even remotely similar to the actual Polaris RACE sled... so maybe XCR has been as dewatered as Racer Replica.  sales tactics ;) 

the other thing I failed to mention to Jimmahy would be 'snow check' build options (not 'in season' models)... offer an ice ripper track of some sort, a Rip2 and a storm 150 (?) with the appropriate clutching and gearing.  let the consumer choose what they want and then charge them appropriately.  seems to work pretty well for P&D and I give them credit for it.  

ok, 40 degrees out... time to go spend quality time with the wife and some friends.  :) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Not greg b's 19 RR 8000 I rode had a mushy seat, handled well but he upgraded to the newer front end and it had aftermarket skis.  I primarily trail ride in tight and twisty stuff and appreciated the front end.  Can't comment too much on the skid because he was riding it on the north side of Merrill whoop section.  It also overheated... several times that night?  Partially because we were driving around downtown on blacktop and partially because it had an air bubble.  I'll be 52 in a couple weeks, am a total man child, prefer my Sno Pro's over the Procross and it's going to take something much better from Cat (in my opinion) to get me off them.  I honestly don't dislike the way the 18 and up look, in fact they look the most like a traditional snowmobile if that makes sense.  What matters (again, my opinion) for Cat to be successful and still be a player in the game is to introduce some 'newness' as SALES ultimately dictate the success or demise of a company... or in this case branch of a major corporation.  The same old (in the eyes of most consumers) 2012 Procross isn't driving people to the dealerships and plunking their $ down on Arctic Cat snowmobiles.  They need a change, not a radical change from a winning formula... just improved change people will pay for.     

the XCR is very close to the new 'Cross Country' but not even remotely similar to the actual Polaris RACE sled... so maybe XCR has been as dewatered as Racer Replica.  sales tactics ;) 

the other thing I failed to mention to Jimmahy would be 'snow check' build options (not 'in season' models)... offer an ice ripper track of some sort, a Rip2 and a storm 150 (?) with the appropriate clutching and gearing.  let the consumer choose what they want and then charge them appropriately.  seems to work pretty well for P&D and I give them credit for it.  

ok, 40 degrees out... time to go spend quality time with the wife and some friends.  :) 

Both my buddies with new this year XCRs have put fat boy springs in and had them revalved but liked the valving on my RR. I’d like to see cat have a slightly more “progressive” valving on the RR’s it’s not terrible at all and they’re setup almost perfectly for riding hard when trails get real shitty but almost too stiff for small studder bumps, never getting into the stroke of the shock. Where the polaris is great in the studders but gives that up in the big stuff. I haven’t ridden my buddies since the revalve because winter decided to take a hike here in upstate NY.

Like you said to Jimmy they’re not out to lunch but some decent easily marketable (which I’m sure they’ll mess up) changes to get people fired back up,  slightly higher seat that’s firmer, gauge package for those guys that are into it, tweak the skid, shave off a couple pounds, new motor(s) and I think they can stay a lot more relevant. Definitely need to have more options with the snow checks and color options, last year they had a similar deal as Doo with the online order stuff where you could select your windshield, bag, hanguards and stuff like that outside of the one size fits all trailblazer kit which was a step in the right direction. 

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Friggin blizzard here. There are ducks in the second picture 

C0FC4958-DA1A-4DF1-B8BE-10E7C7B2D11A.jpeg

C5B9278A-AC97-41DE-B1F6-C1BA814A33D5.jpeg

• Like 1

Seating position and ergonomics on the ProCross blow.  The Doo is made for midgets, the Cat for those stuck in the 90's and it is the one thing Poo has completely nailed.  Shouldn't be hard to fix....but they are surely taking their time 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Seating position and ergonomics on the ProCross blow.  The Doo is made for midgets, the Cat for those stuck in the 90's and it is the one thing Poo has completely nailed.  Shouldn't be hard to fix....but they are surely taking their time 

What makes you say the position blows? Honest question, I hear that a lot from people and trying everything else I feel the shape and firmness of the seat is what’s really the issue. I think if they could make the seat firmer and more slim down the sides it would make the biggest difference. The Axys and Matryx seat is definitely a lot better for that. The cat panels imo are the best for being able to get around the sled cornering hard as you can kind of slide your knee right around the rounded contour of the panel and back up (18+ obviously). As far as controls and shit I feel like they’re all pretty much on par right now, cat not having a separate switch for ATAC equipped sleds I can definitely see as an annoyance.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Ride one and then any other modern sled.  Position feels like 2008. Transition from sit to stand is awful and control of the sled in that transition follows.  

Have! Not better. You must be a shitty rider. Take off the thong and wear real men's underwear.  Sure cant hurt cravings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

What makes you say the position blows? Honest question, I hear that a lot from people and trying everything else I feel the shape and firmness of the seat is what’s really the issue. I think if they could make the seat firmer and more slim down the sides it would make the biggest difference. The Axys and Matryx seat is definitely a lot better for that. The cat panels imo are the best for being able to get around the sled cornering hard as you can kind of slide your knee right around the rounded contour of the panel and back up (18+ obviously). As far as controls and shit I feel like they’re all pretty much on par right now, cat not having a separate switch for ATAC equipped sleds I can definitely see as an annoyance.

I had it on my sold 20. Not hard at all to activate. Simply hit the button in the middle. Not like you are switching that often. 

20 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Happy Birthday!

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Say Whaaatttt?

10 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I have both. The ride position on the Polaris sits higher and farther foreword than the cat. It’s similar to the sno pro 500. Look at a bare axys chassis it will make you say hummm. The wind protection is better on the Polaris. The handle bars don’t block the gauge so you can see it and the gauge dose not rattle in the hood. The body fits together better. The handle bar controls are easier to feel what button you are pushing vs the cat. The 2018 back cat control were better than what any of them are offering now. They were just ugly.The engine dose not surge all over, hang idle, or over heat on the Polaris. The speedo is off by 6 mph on the Polaris vs a gps. I don’t think the cat is off by that much. So far the Polaris has been way more reliable than my 800 ctech. Still waiting to see if it can run the miles my beat to piss suzuki did and hold together with little issues. The only issue the polaris has had was the power valves needed to be re homed and that was right from the get go. Been fine the last 2500 miles. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have both. The ride position on the Polaris sits higher and farther foreword than the cat. It’s similar to the sno pro 500. Look at a bare axys chassis it will make you say hummm. The wind protection is better on the Polaris. The handle bars don’t block the gauge so you can see it and the gauge dose not rattle in the hood. The body fits together better. The handle bar controls are easier to feel what button you are pushing vs the cat. The 2018 back cat control were better than what any of them are offering now. They were just ugly.The engine dose not surge all over, hang idle, or over heat on the Polaris. The speedo is off by 6 mph on the Polaris vs a gps. I don’t think the cat is off by that much. So far the Polaris has been way more reliable than my 800 ctech. Still waiting to see if it can run the miles my beat to piss suzuki did and hold together with little issues. The only issue the polaris has had was the power valves needed to be re homed and that was right from the get go. Been fine the last 2500 miles. 

Definitely agree with the gauge position and “fit and finish” being better on the polaris, when/if Cat decides to update chassis and styling they need a similar cluster style that’s integrated into the hood panel instead of being poorly mounted on it. Axys definitely had good easy time install panel fitment but the Matryx fit like garbage. I’d say the cats are pretty good to good I’ve noticed the harder you try to put them on the harder they are to line up, if you just set them in the slots and let it fall on they drop right in usually. I’ve got quite a few miles on my buddies matryx XCRs and I’ve always felt the biggest difference was the slightly higher seat and how narrow it is compared to the procross seat, next time I ride one of them I’ll pay more attention to the front and back position. I definitely do like the Polaris sleds a lot and I think the biggest thing is my comfortability on the procross from putting so many miles on them.

22 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Definitely agree with the gauge position and “fit and finish” being better on the polaris, when/if Cat decides to update chassis and styling they need a similar cluster style that’s integrated into the hood panel instead of being poorly mounted on it. Axys definitely had good easy time install panel fitment but the Matryx fit like garbage. I’d say the cats are pretty good to good I’ve noticed the harder you try to put them on the harder they are to line up, if you just set them in the slots and let it fall on they drop right in usually. I’ve got quite a few miles on my buddies matryx XCRs and I’ve always felt the biggest difference was the slightly higher seat and how narrow it is compared to the procross seat, next time I ride one of them I’ll pay more attention to the front and back position. I definitely do like the Polaris sleds a lot and I think the biggest thing is my comfortability on the procross from putting so many miles on them.

IMO the riding position on the Polaris is more of a difference than the handling itself. Sure the cat front will corner flatter and is a bit better, but for most of us it’s a wash. If you do get the chance and can find a Sno Pro 500 and sit it next to a axys Polaris, then sit on them. They are close. The gen 4 skidoo is in its own world. You sit back on it and really need to get forward when going around a corner. Think of it as putting an rxc seat on you cat and making sure you get your leg in the cut out every time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Never had an issue seeing my gauge. Does it rattle? I took care of that by 2 small drops of silicone behind the gauge. Fit and finis on my cats since my 2018 have been perfect. Side covers are not an issue. My 2020 handle bar controls were very easy to learn. Hate my 18 controls. 

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Never had an issue seeing my gauge. Does it rattle? I took care of that by 2 small drops of silicone behind the gauge. Fit and finis on my cats since my 2018 have been perfect. Side covers are not an issue. My 2020 handle bar controls were very easy to learn. Hate my 18 controls. 

You tell @Not greg b Jimmy, he's a traitor. 

: 😂

10 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You shouldn’t have to silicon anything on a 14k sled to keep it from rattling. Own both for a while and the little things start to come out. Those little things are the reason cat’s sales are slumping. They need to do refresh to get back in the game 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

You shouldn’t have to silicon anything on a 14k sled to keep it from rattling. Own both for a while and the little things start to come out. Those little things are the reason cat’s sales are slumping. They need to do refresh to get back in the game 

I put it on my exhaust springs so why does this bother you?

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I put it on my exhaust springs so why does this bother you?

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Will never own another brand. I am brand loyal and dealer loyal. 

For $14k does it come with an entire tube of silicone, and a caulk gun? 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/initial-thoughts-2021-blast-break-in/

The b-Last has vibration dampeners built into the springs.

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

For $14k does it come with an entire tube of silicone, and a caulk gun? 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/initial-thoughts-2021-blast-break-in/

The b-Last has vibration dampeners built into the springs.

All new cats do but springs still break. Simple fix to me anyway. I think they started buying the springs from a polaris vendor.