Check your account email address ×

Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

21 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Even after the web site overhaul, I find it difficult to search through older arcticles….  Any chance you can offer a link?

He was talking to Troy Haverson when he took over what ever position that now is in the new gal. March to May somewhere.

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

He was talking to Troy Haverson when he took over what ever position that now is in the new gal. March to May somewhere.

Sorry, I’m not finding it.  I can’t scroll down past Jennifer Anniston, she won’t let me.

I managed to concentrate long enough to find an announcement about leadership changes, but no details, and then Jennifer said enough.

5 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

He'll think his vat branded Garmin is the best until cat comes out with a new gauge to compete with doo/pool's then all he'll talk about is how better it is, blah, blah, blah.

There's brand loyal but ramstad takes it to a new level.   They could produce a literal bag of shit and he'd order 3 then tell everyone it's worth the wait to get his because they fit his exact needs and desires.

FWIW the tread is pretty nice, and does a good job of integrating your phone, blue tooth earbuds/headset, and plotting all the members of your group.

You guys haven't seen the picture the new cat gauge yet??

1 hour ago, wrinkly balls said:

At this rate they might not release the 23's till April 15th!!!!

There is no official date yet... 

Rumor puts it around March 15th, but that is as fluid as ramsteds gender..

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, krom said:

FWIW the tread is pretty nice, and does a good job of integrating your phone, blue tooth earbuds/headset, and plotting all the members of your group.

Coming from a sheman.

8 minutes ago, krom said:

Mine is the base.  I ride to get away from my phone. Mirrors work just fine to keep track of the rider behind me. My only responsibility on rides.

29 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Sorry, I’m not finding it.  I can’t scroll down past Jennifer Anniston, she won’t let me.

I managed to concentrate long enough to find an announcement about leadership changes, but no details, and then Jennifer said enough.

https://www.arcticinsider.com/interview-catching-up-with-vp-of-arctic-cat-troy-halvorson/

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Is that the home school chick leading Arctic Cat that has to read off her tablet when talking about a snowmobile?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No Badge... his old HCS handle was JimRamstad@yahooshavegreengoggles 

He's just a smidge passionate about Cat 

Sure I remember Jimmy. :salute:

Thank god I DGF about brands, like I said till one of those fawckers buys me a sled I owe them nothing and they owe me everything.  Fawck Arctic Cat Ski-Doo and Polaris I would say Fawck Yamaha but its like fawcking Arctic Cat twice. :finger:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well it will still be new and a lot cheaper than what the 23's will be and it is built. No way to know when this madness will end.

Agreed 100%. And it's good of your dealer to hang on to that sled for you. If you had to snow check a '23, You can be guaranteed that prices will go up, there will be surcharges, and iffy delivery timelines. 

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Wont pick it up till Fall now. Dealer is going to hold it for me. Delivery date is now April 3rd.

Taking delivery of your 2012 in 2023.  Nice move.  Like how you add the copy of the Poo gauge in the tread to make yourself feel better.  Perhaps you should be pissed....or smart enough to realize there are other brands.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Taking delivery of your 2012 in 2023.  Nice move.  Like how you add the copy of the Poo gauge in the tread to make yourself feel better.  Perhaps you should be pissed....or smart enough to realize there are other brands.

Well my first Pro Cross was a 15 and the difference between that and my 18 was light years. My 20 was even better. More refined if you will. I had a Nuvi in a water proof bag and it sucked. Now I have the best of both worlds. Garmin, known for quality and the ability to take it to any ride I want. Polaris? Not been a good year for quality for them and the Tesla quote from the Lesters should be making you want to run from the big new gauge they have, with no inside GPS btw. You are a true loser. To me there are no other brands because my dealer is that good and Cat is in my blood. Never going to change for you deep craving. To much love of what I pay for. BTW? How is this a copy of Poo's gauge? This is much better. Adaptable. 

On 2/15/2022 at 7:51 PM, airflite1 said:

Now you're just showing how much of an idiot you are, I've been involved with FIRST Robotics and I'll say todays youth is more advanced mechanically and electronically than you'll ever be, Cat, Polaris, Digi-Key and Marvins are all big supporters locally, but then again they aren't the dope smokers you hang out with.

There are some, and I mean some, but most of these children think they should get a paycheck for breathing. California lifestyle. New York living. Not everyone is living in your neighborhood.

33 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Just thought a bit. You are running your new Poo or Doo with new plastic and nothing else and acting like it is new. It's not. Just the same old shit they have been producing for years. I will take Cats approach of refinement. I like to ride, not sit at a dealer and bitch about the new crap breaking. Two different worlds. Common sense to your stupidity!

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Lol.  Backwards refinement fits you.  Zuke > Ctec.  The other "refinements" are pointless...as they didn't fix the core problem.

Ctec is worlds ahead of the dirty zuke. Not even on the same planet! You just keep proving my point on how dumb you are. Core problem? Bullet proof to, shit! My primary fell off in the mountains. My 850 blew up for no reason. My seat is to hard! They no longer make the zuke so get over it! Fuck you are DUMB!

I don't know that there was ever a better 800 class engine than the Suzuki 800. It was the benchmark that everyone was striving to beat. Bulletproof. Versus the flame thrower 800 that goes down that dealers can't get parts for half of the time?

Cat's 600 has a great track record. The C-tec2 800 has had how many reflashes and revisions in it's short lifespan thus far?

26 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I don't know that there was ever a better 800 class engine than the Suzuki 800. It was the benchmark that everyone was striving to beat. Bulletproof. Versus the flame thrower 800 that goes down that dealers can't get parts for half of the time?

Cat's 600 has a great track record. The C-tec2 800 has had how many reflashes and revisions in it's short lifespan thus far?

Two! One is optional. How many poo 800's are in the redesigned? Hell, they sell kits to make the poo not blow up as much aftermarket. That is not only funny, but TRUE!

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Two! One is optional. How many poo 800's are in the redesigned? Hell, they sell kits to make the poo not blow up as much aftermarket. That is not only funny, but TRUE!

And Arctic Cat's 800 version 1 and 2 where simply nobody buys them.  Their the only manufacture that holds their snowcheck program open for 5 months.

Lol.  Pot meet kettle.

You are one of about 3 people that would pick the Ctec over th zuke.  All 3 only drink lime Kool aid.

I guess i would be #4. I've had 2014, 2015,2017,2019 Ctec 600's and they have all been excellent engines. Good on fuel and crazy good on oil!!!!!Would never go back to a zuke!!!

53 minutes ago, Doug said:

And Arctic Cat's 800 version 1 and 2 where simply nobody buys them.  Their the only manufacture that holds their snowcheck program open for 5 months.

Polaris had more revisions to the first year dragon 800, than cat has had on all 800 engines since 2003 combined.

Lets not forget that there was a single remap to the gen 1 ct2 800 to fix a rich issue causing flames from the exhaust, and 0 revisions for longevity or durability.

Gen II came about in 2020 to lower emissions, and was/is more reliable than any year 800, or 840 poo.

Somewhere after that a beancounter at textron, or QC managed to screw the pooch, and the "great deal" they got on injectors didn't turn out too well. 

That combined with the jerk-offs at team changing the spider shimming to try and keep their junk clutches from getting hot and exploding (over-revving, doesn't help)

Causing a higher percentage of engine failures than any other AC product in the last 20 years. 

Still not as high as any poo engine over 600 cc, but higher than what AC riders have come to expect...

AC released a flash to fix it, and is putting complete engines in any sled that has an issue.

Edited by krom