Check your account email address ×

Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Then it makes those mighty 850's junk as well as they are barely faster. 

Yet, they are in fact faster and there's more of them.

Did you not get the part where I commended you for getting the good engine?  6000 has been a good mill for them, decent power, reliable and trustworthy.  The 8000 thus far, is not.

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yet, they are in fact faster and there's more of them.

Did you not get the part where I commended you for getting the good engine?  6000 has been a good mill for them, decent power, reliable and trustworthy.  The 8000 thus far, is not.

I have not seen many cat ctec 800"s, but have not seen one go down. Have seen them race the junk 850 from both lower brands and the difference is minimal to say the least. Having to add 50 cc to compete cracks me up! Same for Polaris 650. Why again? Oh wait! To make up for the loss of the hay bailer. Most ridiculous statement I have ever heard!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have not seen many cat ctec 800"s, but have not seen one go down. Have seen them race the junk 850 from both lower brands and the difference is minimal to say the least. Having to add 50 cc to compete cracks me up! Same for Polaris 650. Why again? Oh wait! To make up for the loss of the hay bailer. Most ridiculous statement I have ever made!

Bold ... corrected for accuracy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I do. It is my brand. Always will be. 

Brand loyalty is about as dumb as you.

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Then it makes those mighty 850's junk as well as they are barely faster. 

Unrelated.  Cat 800's are popping like crazy here.  My group used to be all Cat.  Couple new Ctec failures and next year there will be zero Cats in it.  Sad. :(

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Unrelated.  Cat 800's are popping like crazy here.  My group used to be all Cat.  Couple new Ctec failures and next year there will be zero Cats in it.  Sad. :(

I believe every word you say. Not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I must be extremely lucky, then.  Cylinder walls look brand new.  Kinda hard to convince my wife that I need to trade for a Thundercat.  Heresay (no offense) not admissible as evidence.

Edited by p51mstg

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Can't wait to hear how your little bitch ass cries about the RR being too stiff.  Should just stick with the B-Last as it fits you better.

Well if it is I will get it revalved, but I'm fat and like a firmer ride. Wont be any bitching from me. Oh, I also rode the dealers early release 8000 RR and I would not call it to stiff. Medium compression and 12 on the rebound. Triangle adjusters on medium as well.

52 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You forgot stupid after fat.  

Get banned from HCS again?  You said you'd never come here....

Don't remember saying that. Does mental illness follow you around like a shadow or are you just an angry Fuck for buying the wrong brand of sled? Either way, get some help. Being an asshole does not make you a man.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Don't remember saying that. Does mental illness follow you around like a shadow or are you just an angry Fuck for buying the wrong brand of sled? Either way, get some help. Being an asshole does not make you a man.

Explains your vagina.

As I took my dog out to poop, I heard a distinct, Screw you guys, I am going home. Sounded like it was coming from a guy taking it really deep. New name for him. How does Deep crater sound? Maybe Drive it Deep in me as that is my haven? I like that one a lot!

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Interesting how every half wit defaults to gay "humor".  You, Joe and 550 should share a gay old time.

Well, when I get childish responses from you, I just answer back. Just looking at what you call yourself. Not too hard to make it funny at the expense of you. Grow up and quit with the insults and others will follow. Until then, enjoy dropping the soap. Oh, that was not nice. Sorry deep. Forgive me PLEASE! Can't fix your desire to own the best brand of sled, Arctic Cat, but once you do, you will be free. 

8 minutes ago, Badger** said:

The last time Cat built a 120 sled for Yamaha Cat ended up using their Turbo. Who knows maybe Cat will start using Doo motors. :snack:

As long as it is not the looks, front suspension, quirky body panels and, well pretty much anything from Doo. Not a fan of anything they make. Big new 10 plus inch gauge does not even incorporate GPS. Huge fail. Seen the Lesters saying it was Tesla like. That is saying the quality is piss poor in most eyes.

The Lesters think if the new Doo gauge had GPS it would be better than Ride Command.  From the promo videos the screen looks really super clear and easy to see.  The glove-swipe capability looks good, too.  It could very well give Polaris a run for their money, but the lack of GPS is definitely a fail - where I ride, my phone is useless.

I’ve been declining to buy or ride Ski Doo’s for over 5 decades and will continue to do so.  But, they aren’t the market leader for nothing.

Many people think the Lesters are biased toward Doo and their opinions are worthless.  I think they make a living covering snowmobile and ATV products and whomever puts product in front of them is going to get the most attention. Especially with Covid lock downs, the majority of product actually in their hands is going to be whatever is available in The Great White North.  I like their reviews, but they rarely say anything bad and I understand that they’re not going to bite the hand that feeds them.  I’ll bet if you talk to them in person, they’d have good info - no question, they put the miles on to know what’s good and what’s not.

Edited by p51mstg

9 hours ago, Badger** said:

The last time Cat built a 120 sled for Yamaha Cat ended up using their Turbo. Who knows maybe Cat will start using Doo motors. :snack:

Putting a big motor in a little chassis makes me think of what it must’ve been like to get a Rupp into triple digits.  They did that, in the 70’s no less, and it must’ve been a wild ride.