Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

36 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Cat only figured out how to get rid of one 800 jug and slug at a time... when they could have just detuned the 600.  They already have the ISR legal 50% throttle and 6500 rpm limited ECU's the kids use.  Why design an entirety new single cylinder?  Seems silly to me, and apparently BRP because they're just running a detuned 85hp 600

Because they designed it for their snow bike that textron canned but they had the money in the r&d for the motor and had to slap something together to put it in

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Cat only figured out how to get rid of one 800 jug and slug at a time... when they could have just detuned the 600.  They already have the ISR legal 50% throttle and 6500 rpm limited ECU's the kids use.  Why design an entirety new single cylinder?  Seems silly to me, and apparently BRP because they're just running a detuned 85hp 600

You aren't dumb...Textron on the other hand put that Bimbo up on stage to explain how she can't read an ipad and knows nothing about snowmobiles.

The Neo+ MXZ would be comparable to the Blast ZR, but still short 10hp.  I haven't looked at weight, and maybe the Blast would have a slight advantage there.  The Neo+ MSRP's for $7,199 US, compared to the 2022 Blast ZR at $8,255.  If I was a parent looking for an extra sled for my family, that grand is significant, even if I've never ridden a Ski Doo in my life.

Again, I'm glad to see this - it means the manufacturers are all in on youth and entry level sleds.  Maybe our sport won't die after all.

What's it cost to put a kid in hockey for one year?  

• Like 2

Well I have to give cat the nod for this feature. Went riding today on the polaris and got hung up on a log. It has a rev limiter for reverse that’s really low and couldn’t spin the track hard enough to drive it off the log. Ended up having to drag it off the log the old fashion way. My cat you could hold it wide open in reverse and it would keep chewing until it ripped the mud flap off or smoked the belt. Have had both out comes happen before with the cat. But at least I didn’t have to lift the cat off a log. I also forgot how much better the cobra is in deep snow compared to the shit saw cat uses.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 4:11 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I see this as hurtful to Cat and Yamaha dealers, like Thomas Snow Sports.  ;)

I feel bad for guys like Tom whos family has put it all in for 2 generations only to get a cold shoulder by textron

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

You aren't dumb...Textron on the other hand put that Bimbo up on stage to explain how she can't read an ipad and knows nothing about snowmobiles.

For 1 because they make a acctual deep snow kids sled that extra weight would have made the kids long track to much for a 8 yr old to hold a side hill that single in pretty well balanced and allowed that kids long track to be extremely narrow to keep it from washing out.  Really the only purpose built deep snow sled I have seen for kids besides the timbered for the pit bikes 

On 2/24/2022 at 10:03 PM, Not greg b said:

Well I have to give cat the nod for this feature. Went riding today on the polaris and got hung up on a log. It has a rev limiter for reverse that’s really low and couldn’t spin the track hard enough to drive it off the log. Ended up having to drag it off the log the old fashion way. My cat you could hold it wide open in reverse and it would keep chewing until it ripped the mud flap off or smoked the belt. Have had both out comes happen before with the cat. But at least I didn’t have to lift the cat off a log. I also forgot how much better the cobra is in deep snow compared to the shit saw cat uses.

On hardpack... I really like the Ice Attak XT I put on the $-pit.  In anything loose... Cobra is still a fantastic track.  Didn't realize any of the 'reverse sucks' before, because I don't own any sleds with reverse.  :lol:

On 2/24/2022 at 10:46 PM, Ez ryder said:

I feel bad for guys like Tom whos family has put it all in for 2 generations only to get a cold shoulder by textron

Fully agree and mentioned that on page one of this boondoggle of a thread.

Country Cat selling Kawasaki still makes me chuckle.   

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The green defender hasn't posted.

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/arctic-cat-still-in-it-to-win-it.1885295/

He's not in this Cat thread either?  :lmaodance:

Maybe he's at the Cor Race in Nisswa? 

274739768_4780839875368300_8757133280205

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2022 at 3:05 PM, ZR6000RR said:

Just got here and I think I am going to leave. same old retreads of my brand is better than your brand because they sold more. Just means there are more idiots riding Polaris than Cat is my take on it. I am right because I said so. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2022 at 2:04 PM, fortune46x said:

is it really being made by cat? If so a sigh of relief from me ... I already have parents emailing me asking if it will be legal in the 200 class (dumb dumb dumb) 

There were skidoos on the line in TRF this summer.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:50 PM, Boonbocker1 said:

Great.  Cat can't build 600s and 800s before winters end but they will gladly build more entry level sleds for the competition.   I bet alot of cat guys awaiting their spring order are thrilled.

Polaris is not much better . I have a bud who litteraly got his snocheck 2 weeks ago .