Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

Well I see Ski Doo finally has a quality and good looking sled in there lineup. I see they want $1200 for the fancy gauge that does not even have built in GPS. I went with the Garmin Tread as I want it to be transferable. Base model. I got it and the trail mount for under $550.00 Just not going to be able to use it till next year on my 22 as I am not going to have them even open up the crate so I don't have to license it or get the warranty started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well I see Ski Doo finally has a quality and good looking sled in there lineup. I see they want $1200 for the fancy gauge that does not even have built in GPS. I went with the Garmin Tread as I want it to be transferable. Base model. I got it and the trail mount for under $550.00 Just not going to be able to use it till next year on my 22 as I am not going to have them even open up the crate so I don't have to license it or get the warranty started.

Jimmmaahh's in the house!!!  About time we see ya post!! :bc:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sticking with the kid's sleds and expanding the lineup has been THE smartest thing Cat has done over the past decade. 

The 120 and 200 guys must not be included in any other discussions or some of that clever might have at least accidentally spilled over into the Blast or the rest of the lineup.

I definitely regret selling the 120.  Should have kept that around with the 72' Kitty Cat I still have. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Been to busy riding my old 2018. Been a good year here for riding but the wind and cold is starting to take it's toll. Stay safe!

• Like 2

Too bad cat decided to focus on screwing their dealers and customers over by building the competition sleds.  They could have built more 120s and 200s for their dealers to sell and make a profit on.   Or better yet, took the volume of 120s and 200s built for others and instead used the production capacity to build 6 and 800s...I bet alot of guys waiting for their 2022 cat would prefer to have that then knowing the factory decided to build kids sleds for doo.

The horrible business decisions from the cat era continue into the textron era

1 hour ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Too bad cat decided to focus on screwing their dealers and customers over by building the competition sleds.  They could have built more 120s and 200s for their dealers to sell and make a profit on.   Or better yet, took the volume of 120s and 200s built for others and instead used the production capacity to build 6 and 800s...I bet alot of guys waiting for their 2022 cat would prefer to have that then knowing the factory decided to build kids sleds for doo.

The horrible business decisions from the cat era continue into the textron era

200s and 120s are loss leaders sold at msrp. Always have and always will be. That’s why doo and Polaris stopped making them 15 years ago. The dealers were sick of them. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

200s and 120s are loss leaders sold at msrp. Always have and always will be. That’s why doo and Polaris stopped making them 15 years ago. The dealers were sick of them. 

My dealer loves selling the 200's as he makes money on them so not sure why Poo could not make any money on there build. Must be something in the water up in Roseau.

• Like 1

Only a select few people could turn Cat using their production capacity to build cheap low margin youth products for the competition instead of building more higher margin full size product into a postive.

And of that select few only a couple would still defend that business decision while still waiting for their 2022 to bet built....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Only a select few people could turn Cat using their production capacity to build cheap low margin youth products for the competition instead of building more higher margin full size product into a postive.

And of that select few only a couple would still defend that business decision while still waiting for their 2022 to bet built....

I cant make my sled appear by snapping my fingers no more than the Poo and Doo folk still waiting for there sled. My sled is built but shocks and gauges are the issue and Cat made the correct call on not sending it out to the dealer to complete the manufacturing of the sled. That is Poo. What good is a sled sitting at the dealer with out shocksor a gauge going to do for you? I suppose you could just go there every day and sit by the box and cuddle.  

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's nothing.  Wait until Cat drops their 400cc 2 stroke snow bike.

I would welcome it - it would make for an interesting spin of shit on our trail system if it was deemed a snowmobile. 

22 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Hmmm….  Interesting.  So, that’s the deal they made to settle that lawsuit?

No the release of the lynx name in the US was is my understanding. 

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

F7

46 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I cant make my sled appear by snapping my fingers no more than the Poo and Doo folk still waiting for there sled. My sled is built but shocks and gauges are the issue and Cat made the correct call on not sending it out to the dealer to complete the manufacturing of the sled. That is Poo. What good is a sled sitting at the dealer with out shocksor a gauge going to do for you? I suppose you could just go there every day and sit by the box and cuddle.  

Regardless of the supply chain issues, Cat is giving up production capacity of higher margin full size sleds in order to produce low margin sleds for the competition.    They can only build xx amount of sleds total a year and now a smaller percentage of that volume benefits their dealers whether it be sales on a higher volume of cat branded youth sleds or full size cat sleds.

Edited by Boonbocker1

1 minute ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Regardless of the supply chain issues, Cat is giving up production capacity for higher margin full size sleds in order to produce low margin sleds for the competition.    They can only build xx amount of sleds total a year and now a smaller percentage of that volume benefits their dealers whether it be sales on a higher volume of car branded youth sleds or full size cat sleds.

You can look at it that way or they just plan on getting back to  producing what they are capable of producing, which is up to 350 sleds a day. Been at 100-150 this past year.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You can look at it that way or they just plan on getting back to  producing what they are capable of producing, which is up to 350 sleds a day. Been at 100-150 this past year.

So basically you are saying cat doesn't have the sales to produce 350 a day for their dealers like they used so they wanna get back to that number by building for the competition.

Their dealers are loosing out on sales plain and simple.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

So basically you are saying cat doesn't have the sales to produce 350 a day for their dealers like they used so they wanna get back to that number by building for the competition.

Their dealers are loosing out on sales plain and simple.

They did not have the parts to build that many sleds a day and they also had worker shortages just like every one else has delt with. They have plans on bringing in up to 500 more workers btw. Dealers of all brands are suffering the same fate. Ask the Poo riders who wont get there sled till the end of April. Same for Doo.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

They did not have the parts to build that many sleds a day and they also had worker shortages just like every one else has delt with. They have plans on bringing in up to 500 more workers btw. Dealers of all brands are suffering the same fate. Ask the Poo riders who wont get there sled till the end of April. Same for Doo.

Maybe this is all over your head.  But regardless of how many sleds produced a lesser amount going forward are branded cat..meaning cat dealers don't sell them...meaning less sales for them.   Record powersports sales volumes across all brands and you're saying cats production dropped from 350/day to 100-150/day!   Doo/poo are in the position they are in due to parts availability issues driven by demand, meaning producing more volume than planned.   Not due to less volume than they used to have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Maybe this is all over your head.  But regardless of how many sleds produced a lesser amount going forward are branded cat..meaning cat dealers don't sell them...meaning less sales for them.   Record powersports sales volumes across all brands and you're saying cats production dropped from 350/day to 100-150/day!   Doo/poo are in the position they are in due to parts availability issues driven by demand, meaning producing more volume than planned.   Not due to less volume than they used to have.

Not over my head what so ever. Poo and Doo are also down to lower volumes of sleds being built per day. The Boost was at 90 per day. Less availability of parts to build means less sleds built per day. Not rocket science! F###k some people are to ignorant to realize they just said the same thing. Building 2022 sleds into April for Poo, 
 Doo and Cat tells me you need to pull head out and breath some fresh air. They are usually done building sleds in December. All brands. BTW, Cat sold will have sold every sled they built regardless of if the snow checker buys it or the dealer sells it at invoice or above.

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not over my head what so ever. Poo and Doo are also down to lower volumes of sleds being built per day. The Boost was at 90 per day. Less availability of parts to build means less sleds built per day. Not rocket science! F###k some people are to ignorant to realize they just said the same thing. Building 2022 sleds into April for Poo, 
 Doo and Cat tells me you need to pull head out and breath some fresh air. They are usually done building sleds in December. All brands. BTW, Cat sold will have sold every sled they built regardless of if the snow checker buys it or the dealer sells it at invoice or above.

What they lack in intelligence they make up in numbers.  Just like Biden voters.  Useless arguing with the number-2-in-sales camp.  They're obviously jealous, of what, I don't know.

• Like 1