Ski Doo buying 120s and 200 from textron/cat

krom

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

What they lack in intelligence they make up in numbers.  Just like Biden voters.  Useless arguing with the number-2-in-sales camp.  They're obviously jealous, of what, I don't know.

Numbers don't matter to cat folk as they make up their own.   Any talks of intelligence from you is hysterical at best.

15 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not over my head what so ever. Poo and Doo are also down to lower volumes of sleds being built per day. The Boost was at 90 per day. Less availability of parts to build means less sleds built per day. Not rocket science! F###k some people are to ignorant to realize they just said the same thing. Building 2022 sleds into April for Poo, 
 Doo and Cat tells me you need to pull head out and breath some fresh air. They are usually done building sleds in December. All brands. BTW, Cat sold will have sold every sled they built regardless of if the snow checker buys it or the dealer sells it at invoice or above.

Again you're wrong Jimmy, Polaris went from one line part-time to running double shifts full-time for snowmobile production and had to move wheeler production to other factories because of demand.

Edited by airflite1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Again you're wrong Jimmy, Polaris went from one line part-time to running double shifts full-time for snowmobile production and had to move wheeler production to other factories because of demand.

Same thing. Not running full shifts as they do not have the parts. What part of this goes above your pee sized brain?

Just got here and I think I am going to leave. same old retreads of my brand is better than your brand because they sold more. Just means there are more idiots riding Polaris than Cat is my take on it. I am right because I said so. 

You're the one arguing sales and production volumes while not seeing the irony in cat clearly wanting to build more volume so much that they are building youth doos instead of more youth cats or even full size cats.

Maybe their just really generous like that tho...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Same thing. Not running full shifts as they do not have the parts. What part of this goes above your pee sized brain?

I don't know about anyone else but I sure missed these great insults....

:smack:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Your reading comprehension still sucks, they went from one line part-time to running full-time on two shifts and moving wheeler production to other factories to accommodate the increased orders of snowmobiles, I was just out snowmobiling with some of management and they're planning on adding a second line for snowmobile production. 

3 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Your reading comprehension still sucks, they went from one line part-time to running full-time on two shifts and moving wheeler production to other factories to accommodate the increased orders of snowmobiles, I was just out snowmobiling with some of management and they're planning on adding a second line for snowmobile production. 

Well they are also sending out unfinished sleds so I would call that not running full shifts. Forcing the dealers to build the sleds instead of taking responsibility of the situation. Either way the sleds are not ride able so might  as well be sitting at the factory where they belong.

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well they are also sending out unfinished sleds so I would call that not running full shifts. Forcing the dealers to build the sleds instead of taking responsibility of the situation. Either way the sleds are not ride able so might  as well be sitting at the factory where they belong.

They way I understand it alot of the dealers are happy to have to work bolting on shocks, installing gauges etc.  Its profitable for them to do this and with very few dealer stock units its helping offset the profit lost.  Most machines they get in are presold so they aren't getting the same margins from floor stocked units.  So for some dealers its helping their bottom line.  Cat should consider the health of their dealer base going forward 

Edited by Boonbocker1

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Mine came complete, but storage is an issue when you build volume, when it's something simple for a dealer to install why not send it to them, it's much faster shipping a part then lining up trucks to haul complete machines.  By the way your first sentence makes no sense at all..

• Like 1

This is a 100%    WIN  /  WIN  proposal on so many facets . . .

Wish it was just simple as Business  is  Business .  .  . 

Economies of Scale  Prevail, to everyone's  advantage

This is a prudent strategic business move for Arctic Cat in the long term.  Post Covid 19,  they will ramp up production runs of 120's  and 200's using spare factory time.  Building lots of little sleds, will ultimately improve AC's  P + L statement.

Competitive manufacturing costs will benefits BRP's bottom line and keep their pricing competitive  

Remember we live in a global economy !!!   Well, Jobs  stayed in North America!  Not, whored out to China!

If you missed the message, while eating paint chips & beer,  Arctic Cat, Polaris,  Ski Doo and Yamaha  toys  are competing against Chinese made Products.

This may be the first like MTD manufacturing plants....now joint ventures making toys.....

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Looks like they already have the Polaris version design.  Just need some stickers and a new badge on the hood.

But Cat hasn't pilfered anything from them or had the shit sued out of them over a pyramid.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Maybe this is all over your head.  But regardless of how many sleds produced a lesser amount going forward are branded cat..meaning cat dealers don't sell them...meaning less sales for them.   Record powersports sales volumes across all brands and you're saying cats production dropped from 350/day to 100-150/day!   Doo/poo are in the position they are in due to parts availability issues driven by demand, meaning producing more volume than planned.   Not due to less volume than they used to have.

Doo and POO volume are way down this year too...

Parts availability issues are 100% supply side, not demand.  Hell poo and doo canceled pretty much all dealer orders for showroom sleds, 6 months or more ago.

Cat stopped taking orders for sleds back in April when they learned that parts wouldn't be available.

When it comes to manufacturing capacity, AC has way more now than it did at any point in history.  They have added production lines since the peak of sled sales a few decades ago.

Textron is cutting their nose off to spite their face with this though.  Boning their dealers by spreading the 120-200 units to all the other brands isn't that big of a deal as there isn't a ton to be made on them, but the increased production #s will lower their costs, and they will end up making more profit from each unit.  Kids are much more likely to stay with the brand they start off with though, so it will cost them future AC customers.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

Doo and POO volume are way down this year too...

Parts availability issues are 100% supply side, not demand.  Hell poo and doo canceled pretty much all dealer orders for showroom sleds, 6 months or more ago.

Cat stopped taking orders for sleds back in April when they learned that parts wouldn't be available.

When it comes to manufacturing capacity, AC has way more now than it did at any point in history.  They have added production lines since the peak of sled sales a few decades ago.

Textron is cutting their nose off to spite their face with this though.  Boning their dealers by spreading the 120-200 units to all the other brands isn't that big of a deal as there isn't a ton to be made on them, but the increased production #s will lower their costs, and they will end up making more profit from each unit.  Kids are much more likely to stay with the brand they start off with though, so it will cost them future AC customers.

I'm being told Polaris sled volume is way up, and they're making plans for a continued increase.

1 hour ago, krom said:

Interesting...in particular when the sleds have always been built on one line.

3 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

They way I understand it alot of the dealers are happy to have to work bolting on shocks, installing gauges etc.  Its profitable for them to do this and with very few dealer stock units its helping offset the profit lost.  Most machines they get in are presold so they aren't getting the same margins from floor stocked units.  So for some dealers its helping their bottom line.  Cat should consider the health of their dealer base going forward 

You want a 16 year old kid putting your 15 K sled together? I bet the profit after the warranty is voided will be super profitable. 

3 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Mine came complete, but storage is an issue when you build volume, when it's something simple for a dealer to install why not send it to them, it's much faster shipping a part then lining up trucks to haul complete machines.  By the way your first sentence makes no sense at all..

Sled is not complete. Simple as that. Might as well have sent the workers home since the stellar quality shown on the net on these great pool's have some (being nice) issues.

Sled is not complete. Simple as that. Might as well have sent the workers home since the stellar quality shown on the net on these great pool's have some (being nice) issues.

Production doesn't stop because they are short a part, the way assembly lines work now they can change to another model and keep things moving. Simple as that..😂😂😂

36 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You want a 16 year old kid putting your 15 K sled together? I bet the profit after the warranty is voided will be super profitable. 

Bolting shocks or other small items on isn't rocket science bud.    I'd trust alot of 16yr olds that have enough interest in powersports to go get a job at a dealership over many many 20,30 and 40 something yr olds that are just at a job to pay their bills.

23 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Production doesn't stop because they are short a part, the way assembly lines work now they can change to another model and keep things moving. Simple as that..😂😂😂

Well the one who made the purchase probably wont appreciate the 16 year old putting his missing parts on so the dealer can profit. 

1 minute ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Bolting shocks or other small items on isn't rocket science bud.    I'd trust alot of 16yr olds that have enough interest in powersports to go get a job at a dealership over many many 20,30 and 40 something yr olds that are just at a job to pay their bills.

Sure you would, until your Primary falls off at 7000 feet. 

Well the one who made the purchase probably wont appreciate the 16 year old putting his missing parts on so the dealer can profit. 

Well you probably smoke dope with them then as well. I don't know of one good 16 year oid, even when I was that young. 

• Confused 1

Well you probably smoke dope with them then as well. I don't know of one good 16 year oid, even when I was that young. 

Did you just quote yourself to say you're smoking dope with 16 YO's.  That explains so much.  😂😂😂

• Haha 1