Check your account email address ×

2023 Ski-Doo's

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

lets be honest...most people bitching about cost ( and yes it’s getting up there) have no intention of buying a new sled anyhow. 

I don't know, it'd look a lot more appealing to me if a new sled cost 7-10k vs. 15-20k.  It's gotten completely out of hand just like new pick -up trucks.

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Neo?  Dumb name but BRP will sell the shit out of them.  Death shot to the bLast and venom's.

It has the 600efi engine too. Im assuming it’s just detuned so I wonder if someone will come out with a tune to give it the full 85hp like the sports.

Edited by 800renegaderider

55 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Bingo and GPS on a sled is a great feature and lets be honest...most people bitching about cost ( and yes it’s getting up there) have no intention of buying a new sled anyhow. 

I like the Garmin zumo LMT-S. Have a mount on the SxS, two adventure bikes, street bike and sled. 

I really am not interested in factory GPS but other people are. I got a 2021 this year and it sure didn't cost 20k. Guys are spending the money for them high end sled's as the showroom floor is empty. 

Just don't want to spend that much money for a handful of times I go.

2 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

I like the Garmin zumo LMT-S. Have a mount on the SxS, two adventure bikes, street bike and sled. 

I really am not interested in factory GPS but other people are. I got a 2021 this year and it sure didn't cost 20k. Guys are spending the money for them high end sled's as the showroom floor is empty. 

Just don't want to spend that much money for a handful of times I go.

But are they really? I'd bet most of those sleds are financed.

What a bunch of debbie downers.  There are plenty of new sleds that can be had for under 15k.  Coming out with a tweener sled is a great idea.  Not sure I get the point of having a nav unit without a gps, but I'll hold my opinion until I learn more.  As far as who needs a nav, we do.  We go way off the beaten path, and all the maps in the world aren't going to get you back to civilization unless you know exactly where you are, and which direction to go to get back on the trails.  As far as whether they're financed, who cares, my shits paid for, I don't count other peoples money.  But you'd never know the sport or the economy was dying the last couple weeks.  Scores of new F350 crews, Denali diesels, sled decks, bros galore.  If they want to finance all that, go for it, not my issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What a bunch of debbie downers.  There are plenty of new sleds that can be had for under 15k.  Coming out with a tweener sled is a great idea.  Not sure I get the point of having a nav unit without a gps, but I'll hold my opinion until I learn more.  As far as who needs a nav, we do.  We go way off the beaten path, and all the maps in the world aren't going to get you back to civilization unless you know exactly where you are, and which direction to go to get back on the trails.  As far as whether they're financed, who cares, my shits paid for, I don't count other peoples money.  But you'd never know the sport or the economy was dying the last couple weeks.  Scores of new F350 crews, Denali diesels, sled decks, bros galore.  If they want to finance all that, go for it, not my issue.

What's wrong with being honest.......the cost of new sleds are absolutely ridiculous. 

Snowmobiling hasn't even recovered back to it's hayday in the early 2000's when midwest states had around 300k sleds registered per state. Today it's around 200k sleds registered.

3 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Like the boys over on arfcom like to say "go be poor somewhere else"

Like my elders used to tell me........... the old guy driving a beater is more than likely far wealthier than the poser driving an expensive vehicle. The difference is the old guy owns his vehicle the other does not. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Like my elders used to tell me........... the old guy driving a beater is more than likely far wealthier than the poser driving an expensive vehicle. The difference is the old guy owns his vehicle the other does not. 

Amen to that.

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yep the old boys with worn out overalls are the ones that come in and buy new iron.  Never need the financing either.  I would never finance a "toy" if you can't pay cash for it you can't afford it.  Same with these insane truck loans 7 years???   WTF.  I am lucky that the business needs some expenses.  So my shits paid for.  

8 hours ago, akvanden said:

Figured Polaris would have paved the way for cheaper prices since they’ve had since ‘15….

Lmfao yeah only 13k starting  for a 650 that can almost make it out of the parking lot before getting recalled 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

It has the 600efi engine too. Im assuming it’s just detuned so I wonder if someone will come out with a tune to give it the full 85hp like the sports.

Same pos they now put in the sports . So no  not yet and they have had over a yr to do so . Think the sport only has 1 throttle body or smaller ones or somthing. Can't remember but I know fuel delivery is restricted with no realistic way to improve 

Edited by Ez ryder

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Makes me wonder if it's as simple as using the 85hp ECU, or rEFlaSh to the 85hp tune

11 hours ago, ACE said:

Idiots that’s who 

On a trail burner no real reason . But I am always pulling out my phone to check satellite maps when in the back countery I don't know . Like every stop .I will also use a pen and draw what I just did  on a paper copy when it is really snowing just in case the GPS dies . All you need is to be lost in the hills once when the sun is down to learn a lesson real fucking quick 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

On a trail burner no real reason . But I am always pulling out my phone to check satellite maps when in the back countery I don't know . Like every stop .I will also use a pen and draw what I just did  on a paper copy when it is really snowing just in case the GPS dies . All you need is to be lost in the hills once when the sun is down to learn a lesson real fucking quick 

Even on a trail burner.  Tons of times you come to a section of trail and it is whooped up and boring.  With a GPS, I just pop off the trail and connect to another section via the ditch.  Ultra huge in backcountry.  Those that claim they don't want one are just brand loyal Cat fanatics trying to rationalize why their brand is stuck in the 80's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Tons of times you come to a section of trail and it is whooped up and boring.  With a GPS, I just pop off the trail and connect to another section via the ditch.

This. 

And turn by turn directions, miles to destination, ETA to destination (which is surprisingly accurate), breadcrumbs, etc.

Maps are a pita with gloves and cold temps. 

Complaining about the price of shit just means you are getting old so guess I am officially old now.  My 2020 XRS Turbo was discounted to $14K and even with a bunch of expensive accessories was out the door for under $16K with taxes, and any and all fees.

Fast forward a couple years and essentially the same sled is now at $18K because it's MSRP and with a factory surcharge added.  Not ordering this year so I don't have details on any "additional markup's" the dealer would be adding on top of that. 

I do know he already has 80 people on his order list but only because my son was going to order one.  $4K plus over mine just seems a bit nuts to me but then again, I am getting old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@jdsky - your comment about the price being discounted has me curious?  A buddy of mine is going to order a new XRS, and I was asking him which dealer he was going to since there's a few to consider.  He said BRP doesn't allow him to choose?  The snow check program "gives him a dealer" based on the zip code he uses (his home address).  He also mentioned BRP basically has a set price and dealers can't discount?  I dunno ... sounded kind of odd to me.  I'd think a dealer could do whatever they wanted as far as price goes.